The TrolleyDodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TrolleyDodgers

It would be nice to have a season long thread dedicated to the BLUE, much like the Lakers thread we had going this season.

I was fine reading the opening day stuff until junkie polluted the thread with pics of his Giants gear.

Has anyone noticed that Dodgers are up 3-1 on the Padres and ManRam has already walked and scored on a single by Ethier? Btw, nice error on Peavy. Kuroda is having a nice outing, surprisingly. I thought he would get eaten up.

btw, if you want to be down with the Elysian Park cholo set, there is only one hat to rock at the Ravine:

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

No Dodger thread is complete without this

[YOUTUBE]JW7q0JzWaoY[/YOUTUBE]
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

That is rad!

Was that Jerry Reuss or Ed Begley, Jr?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        I was fine reading the opening day stuff until junkie polluted the thread with pics of his Giants gear.
        I'll resist the atavistic temptation to take a bat to your head. I have nice seats to tomorrow's Giants opener, but in this serious drought, rain and perhaps thundershowers are expected.

Perhaps the Giants deserve to be cursed. Consider a payroll that doles out $18.5 million a year to Zito, and $665K to Lincecum. Obama needs to to do something about this.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          I'll resist the atavistic temptation to take a bat to your head. I have nice seats to tomorrow's Giants opener, but in this serious drought, rain and perhaps thundershowers are expected.

Perhaps the Giants deserve to be cursed. Consider a payroll that doles out $18.5 million a year to Zito, and $665K to Lincecum. Obama needs to to do something about this.
          How about 18.5 per to Zito, 9.6 to Rowand, 8.8 to Randy Winn, and 10 to Edgar Renteria.

Lincecum: 665k
          Pablo Sandoval: 400k
          Fred Lewis: 392k
          Matt Cain: 950k
          Jonathan Sanchez: 600k

The bottom 5 will mean about 10 times more to the team then the top 4.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            No Dodger thread is complete without this

[YOUTUBE]JW7q0JzWaoY[/YOUTUBE]
            How they EVER get all of those guys to do that, I will never know.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Well ya just hafta be grateful fer moischur!

Comment

Dodgers 1.
                Moneyball 0.

sigpic

Comment

Dodgers 1.
                  Moneyball 0.
                  Just think of the team that the A's could put together if we had a payroll of 117 million instead of 47 million, which is actually overstated. The A's have the payroll on espn has Giambi listed at 23 million and Nomar at 9 million, which are not their actual salaries. A's salaries are probably closer to 40 million, 1/3 of the Dodgers team salary.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Just think of the team that the A's could put together if we had a payroll of 117 million instead of 47 million, which is actually overstated. The A's have the payroll on espn has Giambi listed at 23 million and Nomar at 9 million, which are not their actual salaries. A's salaries are probably closer to 40 million, 1/3 of the Dodgers team salary.
                    The Yankees are also 0-1 today as well. They have a pretty decent sized payroll.

sigpic

Comment

Wolf looks awful tonight. He is letting a horrible Padre line-up get the best of him.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I enjoyed the Dodgers game tonight.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I enjoyed the Dodgers game tonight.
                          you shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I am going to wait 2 or 3 full turns through the starting rotation before I start walking towards the edge of the cliff.

Wolf is not a #2, though. I think even Torre knows this.

sigpic

Comment

I am going to wait 2 or 3 full turns through the starting rotation before I start walking towards the edge of the cliff.

Wolf is not a #2, though. I think even Torre knows this.
                              Definitely not a #2. Torre wanted to set up the pitching rotation so Billingsly pitched the home opener from what I understood. I think Torre considers him the #4 guy. Kurado looked much better than him the day before.

I guess I should wait to walk. I was very optimistic about the pitching rotation before the start of the season but to see how bad Wolf was last night against a horrible Padre line up got me really worried.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                              X