The TrolleyDodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    I cried last night. I have waited more the 3/4 of my life for that feeling I felt as a kid. Lakers and Dodgers in the same year. Again. Everything feels right. BYU it's your turn.
    For Kobe! (right, Kalani?)
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      For Kobe! (right, Kalani?)
      In the spirit of "Win for Vin", we could go "Win it all for Paul" James that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
        It's been a long time!! The last time the Dodgers won the WS I was on my mission and missed the whole thing. I had to rely on second hand reports from home. The time before that was 1981. Beating the Yankees four in a row after losing the first two. Sucks that JT couldn't celebrate with the team when the last pitch was made, but man I am happy!!!!!

All those years of losing to the Cardinals, Cubs, Astros, Red Socks, Nationals...finally!!! LA Dodgers! World Champions!!!!!!!
        They same thing happened to me with the '77 and '78 Dodgers - THEY didn't win the whole thing though - Dang you Reggie Jackson

It was really satisfying sit sit and watch the series - even game 4 ( I don't blame Jansen too much - a couple of bloop singles including one where he shattered the guys bat! On the second one the Dodgers played Keystone Kops on defense

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
          They same thing happened to me with the '77 and '78 Dodgers - THEY didn't win the whole thing though - Dang you Reggie Jackson

It was really satisfying sit sit and watch the series - even game 4 ( I don't blame Jansen too much - a couple of bloop singles including one where he shattered the guys bat! On the second one the Dodgers played Keystone Kops on defense
          I remember those days as well. Just like the Dodgers getting screwed by a cheating Astros team, Reggie Jackson’s sticking his hip out to knock a away a throw to first that would have made a huge difference in a game, if not the whole series still doesn’t sit right. I distinctly remember the moment when Kenny Landreux caught the final out in 81 how good it felt to do that against the Yankees. The only thing I might have changed about this year would be to have humiliated the Astros in the series instead of Tampa.

I agree with you about Kenley. He doesn’t deserve all of the blame for game 4. There is plenty to go around. Sure he’s lost his stuff from a few years back, but who hasn’t? I can look at game 4 now with no pain and see it for what it was, a lucky win for the eventual losing team. Man, it feels good to be a Dodger!

Comment

• It's time for Dodger baseball...in heaven.

Comment

• Yeesh.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Well, we'll always have that Kershaw perfect game earlier this season. Wait a minute . . .
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• It sucks getting old - when all your hero's die off one by one. Listening to Vin Scully was like a hug from your grandfather - knowing the world was OK for that moment.

I still mourn for Keith Jackson - the granddaddy of them all.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                  X