The TrolleyDodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank goodness for pitching depth

4 of the 5 members of the opening day rotation are on the DL, including Kershaw - again

somehow they are managing to stay compeitive

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• In the "Rich Get Richer" topic

The Dodgers get Machado from the Orioles for prospects

I know he's just a rental, but it might win them the division

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/man...rs/c-286340444

Now, they need to fix the Bullpen
      Last edited by happyone; 07-19-2018, 03:58 PM.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
        In the "Rich Get Richer" topic

The Dodgers get Machado from the Orioles for prospects

I know he's just a rental, but it might win them the division

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/man...rs/c-286340444

Now, they need to fix the Bullpen
        I'm hoping he's more than a rental. I think they are looking to land either him or Harper this offseason.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          I'm hoping he's more than a rental. I think they are looking to land either him or Harper this offseason.
          I think he's only a rental. Before they go after anyone else they have to lock up Kershaw. And then I think they maybe go after Bryce.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

i don't understand why he would have to be a rental. somebody is going to pay him, why can't it be the dodgers? the idea that he has to be a rental seems odd to me.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              i don't understand why he would have to be a rental. somebody is going to pay him, why can't it be the dodgers? the idea that he has to be a rental seems odd to me.
              The dodgers are not planning on him being a rental. They will try and sign him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Jansen is hospitalized for an irregular heartbeat - could miss up to a month

Shoot, Shucks and other assorted comments

Get Well Soon

Comment

• NL West Baby! Bring on Los Bravos! As awful as Jansen has been, and as scary as it is to have him as our closer, it has been very refreshing to have Buehler and Ryu emerge as reliable starters in the second half of the season. Starting pitching rotation looking much better than last postseason, when Rich Hill was our #2 man. This year he's #4.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

NL West Baby! Bring on Los Bravos! As awful as Jansen has been, and as scary as it is to have him as our closer, it has been very refreshing to have Buehler and Ryu emerge as reliable starters in the second half of the season. Starting pitching rotation looking much better than last postseason, when Rich Hill was our #2 man. This year he's #4.
                    I was so pissed when they brought Jansen in today and he promptly gives up back to back jacks. No need to do it with Maeda mowing people down. What a relief that we get to host the Braves instead of going to Chicago for a wildcard game.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      I was so pissed when they brought Jansen in today and he promptly gives up back to back jacks. No need to do it with Maeda mowing people down. What a relief that we get to host the Braves instead of going to Chicago for a wildcard game.
                      I have zero faith in Jansen. I just hope he closes out every game with a 5 run lead.

Speaking of pissed, when the Nats scratched Scherzer late against the Rockies.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• Jansen has been worse than awful since his heart problems in Denver!! I wonder just how much that has to do with his pitching problems or is it something else.

I heard he has lost at least 3MPH off his fastball from last year and his cutter is not biting well either

I have been impressed with all the offense they have generated.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                          Jansen has been worse than awful since his heart problems in Denver!! I wonder just how much that has to do with his pitching problems or is it something else.

I heard he has lost at least 3MPH off his fastball from last year and his cutter is not biting well either

I have been impressed with all the offense they have generated.
                          I have been hearing that Jansen may be brought in during the 8th and then Maeda in the 9th -- similar to the Morrow 8th Jansen 9th. Jansen's numbers are down, but statistically, he's still a good closer. The closer the score, the better he has been. That guys runs on pure adrenaline. I guess a 5 run lead wasn't exciting enough for him.

Comment

• The TrolleyDodgers

Roberts’ refusal to ever play small is maddening. Two straight innings they had lead off runner on base and had a chance to play small and create a run. Instead, everyone swings big and they score no runs. I realize the long ball has been a huge reason the Dodgers are where they are, but late in games sometimes you just need to create a run. Roberts, of all people, should understand that.

Also, really confused by the decision to bring Wood in to face Freeman. Wood has been awful for 3 months and shouldn’t be facing any team’s best hitter.

Comment

• I really need to go to bed.

Comment

• The TrolleyDodgers

Wasted so many chances with runners on, because Roberts refuses to play small, ever.

EDIT: and now we bringing in Alex Wood. Not ideal.

Comment

Working...
                                X