Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The TrolleyDodgers

Default The TrolleyDodgers

It would be nice to have a season long thread dedicated to the BLUE, much like the Lakers thread we had going this season.

I was fine reading the opening day stuff until junkie polluted the thread with pics of his Giants gear.

Has anyone noticed that Dodgers are up 3-1 on the Padres and ManRam has already walked and scored on a single by Ethier? Btw, nice error on Peavy. Kuroda is having a nice outing, surprisingly. I thought he would get eaten up.

btw, if you want to be down with the Elysian Park cholo set, there is only one hat to rock at the Ravine:

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

No Dodger thread is complete without this

[YOUTUBE]JW7q0JzWaoY[/YOUTUBE]
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

That is rad!

Was that Jerry Reuss or Ed Begley, Jr?

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I was fine reading the opening day stuff until junkie polluted the thread with pics of his Giants gear.
    I'll resist the atavistic temptation to take a bat to your head. I have nice seats to tomorrow's Giants opener, but in this serious drought, rain and perhaps thundershowers are expected.

Perhaps the Giants deserve to be cursed. Consider a payroll that doles out $18.5 million a year to Zito, and $665K to Lincecum. Obama needs to to do something about this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I'll resist the atavistic temptation to take a bat to your head. I have nice seats to tomorrow's Giants opener, but in this serious drought, rain and perhaps thundershowers are expected.

Perhaps the Giants deserve to be cursed. Consider a payroll that doles out $18.5 million a year to Zito, and $665K to Lincecum. Obama needs to to do something about this.
    How about 18.5 per to Zito, 9.6 to Rowand, 8.8 to Randy Winn, and 10 to Edgar Renteria.

Lincecum: 665k
    Pablo Sandoval: 400k
    Fred Lewis: 392k
    Matt Cain: 950k
    Jonathan Sanchez: 600k

The bottom 5 will mean about 10 times more to the team then the top 4.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    No Dodger thread is complete without this

[YOUTUBE]JW7q0JzWaoY[/YOUTUBE]
    How they EVER get all of those guys to do that, I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Well ya just hafta be grateful fer moischur!

Dodgers 1.
    Moneyball 0.

Dodgers 1.
    Moneyball 0.
    Just think of the team that the A's could put together if we had a payroll of 117 million instead of 47 million, which is actually overstated. The A's have the payroll on espn has Giambi listed at 23 million and Nomar at 9 million, which are not their actual salaries. A's salaries are probably closer to 40 million, 1/3 of the Dodgers team salary.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Just think of the team that the A's could put together if we had a payroll of 117 million instead of 47 million, which is actually overstated. The A's have the payroll on espn has Giambi listed at 23 million and Nomar at 9 million, which are not their actual salaries. A's salaries are probably closer to 40 million, 1/3 of the Dodgers team salary.
    The Yankees are also 0-1 today as well. They have a pretty decent sized payroll.

Wolf looks awful tonight. He is letting a horrible Padre line-up get the best of him.
    "Take it to the Bank"

I enjoyed the Dodgers game tonight.
    --SeattleUte

I enjoyed the Dodgers game tonight.
    you shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread.
    "Take it to the Bank"

I am going to wait 2 or 3 full turns through the starting rotation before I start walking towards the edge of the cliff.

Wolf is not a #2, though. I think even Torre knows this.

I am going to wait 2 or 3 full turns through the starting rotation before I start walking towards the edge of the cliff.

Wolf is not a #2, though. I think even Torre knows this.
    Definitely not a #2. Torre wanted to set up the pitching rotation so Billingsly pitched the home opener from what I understood. I think Torre considers him the #4 guy. Kurado looked much better than him the day before.

I guess I should wait to walk. I was very optimistic about the pitching rotation before the start of the season but to see how bad Wolf was last night against a horrible Padre line up got me really worried.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    you shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread.
    There must be opposition in all things. With all the evil in this thread someone must stand up for the good, I will be the lone brave soul.
    --SeattleUte

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

I just found out that a teammate of mine from college, Henry Bonilla, is now with the Dodgers organization. He spent the last two years with the Bees, but apparently signed with LA this offseason. He's pitching in Albuquerque, so you'll have to let me know if he ever gets called up. He's 30, this is his 4th or 5th season in AAA, and he's never thrown terribly well at that level, so the chances are slim, but I guess you never know. My initial reaction is they likely just signed him to throw 100 innings and keep their rotation intact at that level and don't have any plans for him beyond that.

This is the second of my friends/old teammates to play in the Dodgers organization. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    I just found out that a teammate of mine from college, Henry Bonilla, is now with the Dodgers organization. He spent the last two years with the Bees, but apparently signed with LA this offseason. He's pitching in Albuquerque, so you'll have to let me know if he ever gets called up. He's 30, this is his 4th or 5th season in AAA, and he's never thrown terribly well at that level, so the chances are slim, but I guess you never know. My initial reaction is they likely just signed him to throw 100 innings and keep their rotation intact at that level and don't have any plans for him beyond that.

This is the second of my friends/old teammates to play in the Dodgers organization. Gross.
    Please inform him that the Dodgers suck and that if Alyssa Millano offers to sleep with him because of his association with the Dodgers that he will get chlamydia.
    --SeattleUte

If he's pitching AAA with the Dodgers, he's not in Albuquerque.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

The Albuquerque Isotopes are a minor league baseball team based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The team, which plays in the Pacific Coast League, is the Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albuquerque_Isotopes

Ha. I am oblivious. It's not like I live in Vegas or anything. Shows you how much I follow the Vegas sporting scene. Shows you how much anyone follows the Vegas sporting scene, i guess.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Matt Cain: 950k
    looking good today: 3 hits, 0 runs through six.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp...ilmlb_sfnmlb_1

Quote Originally Posted by 8BR View Post
    looking good today: 3 hits, 0 runs through six.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp...ilmlb_sfnmlb_1
    2 out of 3 vs the Brewers. Cain was dealing tonight 7 innings, 4 hits, 1 earned 2 walks and 5 kis. Solid outing. Benji Molina with 4 Rbis today.
    *Banned*

I see that ManRam has decided to stir up some interesting controversy for the Dodgers home opener today vs the Giants.

I can't think of a better time to announce that you eventually want to play somewhere else!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...-indians_N.htm

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

The Dodgers AAA team is the Isotopes, like in the Simpsons? My choice of teams gets better everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    The Dodgers AAA team is the Isotopes, like in the Simpsons? My choice of teams gets better everyday!
    They actually named the team after the team in the Simpsons. It was put to a public vote.

That is an interesting way to choose the name of a team and totally unexpected from Albuquerque. It is more of a Shelbyville idea.....

Bottom of the order giving Bills some much needed breathing room. Ethier with a solo shot from the 6 spot, then Kemp and Blake got on base, Bills sacrificed them over, and Furcal knocked them home. O-Hud kept his perfect day alive, knocking in Furcal. ManRam was given the IBB, and then Loney drew a walk, loading the bases and ending The Big Unit's day. Martin, managed to avoing being the first and last outs of the inning, by singling in Hudson and Ramirez. 7-1 good guys. 5 runs scored with 2 outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Bottom of the order giving Bills some much needed breathing room. Ethier with a solo shot from the 6 spot, then Kemp and Blake got on base, Bills sacrificed them over, and Furcal knocked them home. O-Hud kept his perfect day alive, knocking in Furcal. ManRam was given the IBB, and then Loney drew a walk, loading the bases and ending The Big Unit's day. Martin, managed to avoing being the first and last outs of the inning, by singling in Hudson and Ramirez. 7-1 good guys. 5 runs scored with 2 outs.
    I am jealous of the Dodgers offense, it is very good. Except for Casey Blake that guy sucks.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Not a bad way to open the year at Dodger Stadium against the Giants.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Not a bad way to open the year at Dodger Stadium against the Giants.
    No roadie for you, I take it?

I am toying with going to the game tomorrow or Wed. Always a fun series.

Also, did anyone check Wolf's line from yesterday? Did that guy start juicing over the weekend? If we get that guy to show, I like our chances much more than his first outing.