Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 1,741 to 1,759 of 1759

Thread: The TrolleyDodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Now who’s the dean? View Post
    You should be worried about the A’s.

Shit.
    The A’s failed to do their job. Everyone wants the Asstros to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    The A’s failed to do their job. Everyone wants the Asstros to go away.

Yeah. Best bullpen in the majors all season long. Then October comes

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Pads’ pitching was semi-suspect all season, and completely depleted entering the series. I didn’t worry about them too much. If Roberts hadn’t decided to pitch Jansen in a save situation in game 2 (a big no-no, but unforgivable when Jansen pitched the day prior) none of the games would have been really that close.

Bravos are a much bigger challenge in the NL, IMO.
    agreed

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Pads’ pitching was semi-suspect all season, and completely depleted entering the series. I didn’t worry about them too much. If Roberts hadn’t decided to pitch Jansen in a save situation in game 2 (a big no-no, but unforgivable when Jansen pitched the day prior) none of the games would have been really that close.

Bravos are a much bigger challenge in the NL, IMO.
    You were absolutely correct. Having not seen these guys for so long, I had forgotten. Every time Freeman comes to bat, it’s ulcer time. You’ve got to believe the same about Seager for Braves fans.

Also, Mookie Betts in right. Who played there before...some weird dude? I can’t remember.

Fun series so far...game 7 tomorrow!

What a series. Bats came alive just enough. That is a damn good Bravos team, with a 1-4 that is absolutely terrifying. And late order guys like Riley and Swanson who can produce. They get some more pitching and they are the team to beat in the NL for the next few years.

So much to love about those last two games for Dodger fans: Will Smith growing into a super star right before our eyes. Kike doing Kike things. Belli coming up clutch. Turner rounding into his 2017 All-Star form. Seager looking like a league MVP again. And Mookie Freaking Betts plating right field like a total boss.

P.S. I really want to dislike Acuńa for being a punk, but he reminds me of Namond from The Wire, and I really loved that character, even if he was a punk. Tell me I’m wrong:

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

What a series. Bats came alive just enough. That is a damn good Bravos team, with a 1-4 that is absolutely terrifying. And late order guys like Riley and Swanson who can produce. They get some more pitching and they are the team to beat in the NL for the next few years.

So much to love about those last two games for Dodger fans: Will Smith growing into a super star right before our eyes. Kike doing Kike things. Belli coming up clutch. Turner rounding into his 2017 All-Star form. Seager looking like a league MVP again. And Mookie Freaking Betts plating right field like a total boss.

P.S. I really want to dislike Acuńa for being a punk, but he reminds me of Namond from The Wire, and I really loved that character, even if he was a punk. Tell me I’m wrong:

Acuna is alright, just a bit over the top with his celebrations, but then who isn't now days? The guy I really like and respect on the Braves is Freemen. Nicest dude in baseball and really hard to root against him. I felt really bad for him last night. The rest of the Braves not as much.

The best thing about last night was how my negative thoughts about Dave Roberts did a 180. After the Braves got the first two aboard on eight straight pitches in the first inning, I was PISSED. May got out of it, but it's true what Roberts said, "you have to trust your players". Sure May struggled, but he got out of it. Gonsolin looked shakey, but got out of it. Treinen looked horrible to begin, but Mookie bailed him out at the wall. Then sticking with Urias through the end of the game was HUGE! What a team effort. Resilient and relentless. Roberts guided this club and the deep talent came through. They look primed to take this one and they did.

On to the WS.

Go Dodgers!!

My guts hurt.

I realize that second run isn’t totally his fault there (let’s face it, he would just have given up a run on the next batter) but he should never have been in there at that point. He shouldn’t be pitching in 1 run games. We all know that. The Rays know that. Everyone but Dave Roberts knows that.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Default The TrolleyDodgers

I realize that second run isn’t totally his fault there (let’s face it, he would just have given up a run on the next batter) but he should never have been in there at that point. He shouldn’t be pitching in 1 run games. We all know that. The Rays know that. Everyone but Dave Roberts knows that.
    Yep. I should share the group texts with my crew. All of us had several wtf is Roberts doing texts. From leaving Baez in there way too long, to not using Gonzalez, to using Jansen all of the texts were pre disasters and not just playing the result. The world knows these things, but somehow Roberts doesn’t.

Default The TrolleyDodgers

Let’s go!!!!! World Champs! Urias with the 7 out save!

Congrats. This season has proven to be the end of the road for me and my love of baseball. It was my first sports passion. 2004 is probably my favorite sports memory of all time. But between my team juicing, stealing signs, and the slow pace if the game, I haven’t been interested in years. I watched zero baseball games this season. Kind of a sad thought.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

It's been a long time!! The last time the Dodgers won the WS I was on my mission and missed the whole thing. I had to rely on second hand reports from home. The time before that was 1981. Beating the Yankees four in a row after losing the first two. Sucks that JT couldn't celebrate with the team when the last pitch was made, but man I am happy!!!!!

All those years of losing to the Cardinals, Cubs, Astros, Red Socks, Nationals...finally!!! LA Dodgers! World Champions!!!!!!!

It feels good. Urias was awesome. Thank god TB made the mistake of pulling Snell and thank god Roberts let Urias finish it out. Usually the bad manager decisions reside in the dodger dugout but not tonight!!

I cried last night. I have waited more the 3/4 of my life for that feeling I felt as a kid. Lakers and Dodgers in the same year. Again. Everything feels right. BYU it's your turn.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I cried last night. I have waited more the 3/4 of my life for that feeling I felt as a kid. Lakers and Dodgers in the same year. Again. Everything feels right. BYU it's your turn.
    Baby.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    For Kobe! (right, Kalani?)
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    For Kobe! (right, Kalani?)
    In the spirit of "Win for Vin", we could go "Win it all for Paul" James that is.

Quote Originally Posted by originalsocal View Post
    It's been a long time!! The last time the Dodgers won the WS I was on my mission and missed the whole thing. I had to rely on second hand reports from home. The time before that was 1981. Beating the Yankees four in a row after losing the first two. Sucks that JT couldn't celebrate with the team when the last pitch was made, but man I am happy!!!!!

All those years of losing to the Cardinals, Cubs, Astros, Red Socks, Nationals...finally!!! LA Dodgers! World Champions!!!!!!!
    They same thing happened to me with the '77 and '78 Dodgers - THEY didn't win the whole thing though - Dang you Reggie Jackson

It was really satisfying sit sit and watch the series - even game 4 ( I don't blame Jansen too much - a couple of bloop singles including one where he shattered the guys bat! On the second one the Dodgers played Keystone Kops on defense

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    They same thing happened to me with the '77 and '78 Dodgers - THEY didn't win the whole thing though - Dang you Reggie Jackson

It was really satisfying sit sit and watch the series - even game 4 ( I don't blame Jansen too much - a couple of bloop singles including one where he shattered the guys bat! On the second one the Dodgers played Keystone Kops on defense
    I remember those days as well. Just like the Dodgers getting screwed by a cheating Astros team, Reggie Jackson’s sticking his hip out to knock a away a throw to first that would have made a huge difference in a game, if not the whole series still doesn’t sit right. I distinctly remember the moment when Kenny Landreux caught the final out in 81 how good it felt to do that against the Yankees. The only thing I might have changed about this year would be to have humiliated the Astros in the series instead of Tampa.

I agree with you about Kenley. He doesn’t deserve all of the blame for game 4. There is plenty to go around. Sure he’s lost his stuff from a few years back, but who hasn’t? I can look at game 4 now with no pain and see it for what it was, a lucky win for the eventual losing team. Man, it feels good to be a Dodger!