High School Bball playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Bball playoffs

Just wanted to put a plug in there as no one is talking about it. 4-A champ game is today at Dee Events center 3:30 mst.

Personal plug is that my nephew has been tearing it up in the playoffs. He led all scores for highland yesterday.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

That was a good game last night. We would be going to the game in Brave red if not for Jimmer's swan song. It should be a good one, and my money is on Nate F. continuing to be a man among boys.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

By the way, go Region 6! Closing out a state championship is pretty sweet.

Comment

anyone have a slingbox I can borrow so I can watch the game?
        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

I just finished watching LP vs AF in the championship game (Tivoed it)

Nick Emery is very good for a sophomore and a great D-1 prospect. He can shoot off the dribble, has good range and can get to the rim.

TJ Haws is similar to his brother nice mid range game, he is pretty skinny right now but is only a freshman. He will be a nice prospect.

Talon Shumway this kid is very impressive. Great midrange game, can hit the three, great off the dribble, and showed good athleticism with a few dunks. Only a sophomore he is already 6'3 and pretty strong. This kid will end up with a few D-1 offers.

For American Fork

Marcel Davis who is going ot Utah St. looked great in the first half. He is a good point guard and very quick, nice stroke from the outside and has good size.

Quincy Baer another Aggie commit did nothing he stood around the 3 pt line and took maybe 3-4 shots in the game.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            I just finished watching LP vs AF in the championship game (Tivoed it)

Nick Emery is very good for a sophomore and a great D-1 prospect. He can shoot off the dribble, has good range and can get to the rim.

TJ Haws is similar to his brother nice mid range game, he is pretty skinny right now but is only a freshman. He will be a nice prospect.

Talon Shumway this kid is very impressive. Great midrange game, can hit the three, great off the dribble, and showed good athleticism with a few dunks. Only a sophomore he is already 6'3 and pretty strong. This kid will end up with a few D-1 offers.

For American Fork

Marcel Davis who is going ot Utah St. looked great in the first half. He is a good point guard and very quick, nice stroke from the outside and has good size.

Quincy Baer another Aggie commit did nothing he stood around the 3 pt line and took maybe 3-4 shots in the game.
            Great day for the Emery clan, but I wondered if they had to choose which of the two events to attend. When was the HS game?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Great day for the Emery clan, but I wondered if they had to choose which of the two events to attend. When was the HS game?
              It was at 1. Mom and Dad both went to Jacksons game. I am sure Nick will be back in the state title game soon enough.
              *Banned*

Comment

Ant thoughts on the 4-a game?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Comment

Idaho had state championships today too. I watched fourth quarter of one last night, Third place game and 2a and 3a championships. Came home before 4a to get home before dark though wish I would of stayed. Minico I thought would be playing for championship. Lost last night as they stalled for last shot and lost 4th place game today.

I went to Third place game in Division II so missed 1a championship games which were close. Double overtime third place game. And every other game was fairly close. One came down to missed free throw. Great Idaho championship games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

just like football!

Comment

Go Rams!!!
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

front page of the trib is my nephew. 6'8" and a good wing player snd he is only getting looks from minot st and carrol college. you'd think westminster or SUU would even take a look at him.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51...evans.html.csp

Comment

front page of the trib is my nephew. 6'8" and a good wing player snd he is only getting looks from minot st and carrol college. you'd think westminster or SUU would even take a look at him.

Congrats to your nephew/ Sometimes college recruiting does not make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Senior night trumps a championship game for an underclassman.

Comment

Apparently he was named MVP!

Comment

Working...
                              X