Investing, finally some facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Oh yeah, it is a fascinating story. The entire company is based on sexy-sounding electric vehicle ideas, but they still have not developed a single product. A short-selling research firm recently published an expose describing numerous lies and problems with the company. For example, they published a video of one of their trucks driving down a road. The firm claimed it was staged and the truck was rolling via gravity and didn't even have an engine. Nikola admitted it was true. Trevor Milton stepped down yesterday morning. Now there are accusations of sexual assault, etc.

Reminds me of Theranos.
    I hope the book is as interesting as Bad Blood.

Comment

Oh yeah, it is a fascinating story. The entire company is based on sexy-sounding electric vehicle ideas, but they still have not developed a single product. A short-selling research firm recently published an expose describing numerous lies and problems with the company. For example, they published a video of one of their trucks driving down a road. The firm claimed it was staged and the truck was rolling via gravity and didn't even have an engine. Nikola admitted it was true. Trevor Milton stepped down yesterday morning. Now there are accusations of sexual assault, etc.

Reminds me of Theranos.
      The video of the truck can be found here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...llionaire.html

I am guessing he will have to sell that nice house.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Holy cow... how does a guy with one semester of UVU become chairman/founder of a multibillion dollar company? Crazy.
        He put his brother in charge of hydrogen technology. His only background/experience was doing some concrete work. I.e., a contractor of some sort.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          The video of the truck can be found here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...llionaire.html

I am guessing he will have to sell that nice house.
          "But his Instagram profile reads: 'Husband to an amazing wife, Entrepreneur, Airplane Pilot & Dog Lover.' "

That says it all.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know any of this. I saw a Nikola promotional video on FB a couple of weeks ago. I was intrigued, but the video did seem way overhyped.

Here's hoping the Rivian is the real deal!
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Wow, I didn't know any of this. I saw a Nikola promotional video on FB a couple of weeks ago. I was intrigued, but the video did seem way overhyped.

Here's hoping the Rivian is the real deal!
              Nikola did sign a partnership deal with GM that's valued in the billions and GM has defended the deal. So maybe it isn't all just a house of cards? That said, if I owned Nikola stock I would sell now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                "But his Instagram profile reads: 'Husband to an amazing wife, Entrepreneur, Airplane Pilot & Dog Lover.' "

That says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                  Nikola did sign a partnership deal with GM that's valued in the billions and GM has defended the deal. So maybe it isn't all just a house of cards? That said, if I owned Nikola stock I would sell now.
                  Yes, that is the interesting part. Unless GM is being duped, there is something to the company but it sounds like a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to the current valuation. Maybe people just don't want to miss out on the next Tesla after they missed out on the first one

But man, that company is shady like crazy. They have all these cool looking trucks on their website, but the only thing you can actually buy are shirts and hats (mostly flat brimmed). They even have an electric jet ski, how lame is that:
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Sort of like Walgreens/CVS signing an agreement with Theranos and publicly defending the deal.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Sort of like Walgreens/CVS signing an agreement with Theranos and publicly defending the deal.
                      Sort of. Except GM actually knows how to manufacture electric vehicles and would presumably be able to evaluate Nikola's tech. I don't think there are many scientists or engineers on staff at Walgreens.

Comment

Sort of. Except GM actually knows how to manufacture electric vehicles and would presumably be able to evaluate Nikola's tech. I don't think there are many scientists or engineers on staff at Walgreens.
                        GM is using their own batteries, fuel cells, and manufacturing. So what exactly did they get from Nikola? Maybe a cool pickup design? I will say this, the Nikola Badger is 100X better looking than that turd Tesla designed.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I will say this, the Nikola Badger is 100X better looking than that turd Tesla designed.
                          Yes, this is true. However, you probably can only drive the Badger downhill since it sounds like it won't have an engine...
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

GM is using their own batteries, fuel cells, and manufacturing. So what exactly did they get from Nikola? Maybe a cool pickup design? I will say this, the Nikola Badger is 100X better looking than that turd Tesla designed.
                            Yeah, I would almost be tempted to get one of those. Man, this thing looks good (on paper):

Back to the Badger. Nikola will issue $2 billion in stock to GM, and in return, Nikola will receive access to GM engineering. The automaker will validate, homologate and manufacture the Badger when the time comes, though it's not clear where it plans to build the pickup. The Detroit-Hamtramck facility seems like a logical place, considering the GMC Hummer EV will roll out of the factory in the years to come. Both the Nikola pickup and the reborn Hummer will use GM's Ultium battery technology, which promises at least 400 miles of range and oodles of advances in the segment.

In the past, Nikola teased 600 miles of range with a combination of battery and fuel-cell power for the Badger. So far, we know the company plans to also offer a purely battery-powered version, which should do 300 miles on a single charge. That could change with GM's technology underneath the skin, however. If Nikola keeps its word, 906 horsepower and 980 pound-feet of torque will be at the driver's service.
                            https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/g...el-cell-semis/

Holy crap, the HP/torque is crazy. That beats the crap out of the Ford Hennessey VelociRaptor and its wimpy 750 HP. Yeah, with a truck like that...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He put his brother in charge of hydrogen technology. His only background/experience was doing some concrete work. I.e., a contractor of some sort.
                              Welders were too expensive.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X