No announcement yet.

Political Cartoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          It makes me wonder how much of an effect any of this will ultimately have on gun ownership. Will it be the liberal boycott of Chick-fil-a effect, which essentially had the complete opposite effect due to many, many people lining up to support Chick-fil-a and ultimately had no real long term effect. Or will it cause the NRA membership to dwindle and result in the NRA endorsement of a political candidate actual tarnish the candidate. I can tell you that in Texas, especially west Texas, the NRA is gaining many more members right now than they are losing based on my anecdotal discussions. Most people down here are willing to take the risk of gun violence to keep their right to bear arms, which based on the facts and statistics is not an unreasonable stance.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I keep trying to tell people DC is better, but noooo....
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              It makes me wonder how much of an effect any of this will ultimately have on gun ownership. Will it be the liberal boycott of Chick-fil-a effect, which essentially had the complete opposite effect due to many, many people lining up to support Chick-fil-a and ultimately had no real long term effect. Or will it cause the NRA membership to dwindle and result in the NRA endorsement of a political candidate actual tarnish the candidate. I can tell you that in Texas, especially west Texas, the NRA is gaining many more members right now than they are losing based on my anecdotal discussions. Most people down here are willing to take the risk of gun violence to keep their right to bear arms, which based on the facts and statistics is not an unreasonable stance.
              I think when corporations stop giving NRA members discounts, you're seeing a sea change. This is not going anywhere because it's the Spring, and right now, somewhere, some kid is planning to slaughter his classmates, and before April is done, we'll probably have at least 2 more massacres, and if another one of them is like Florida, it's going to be an ocean change.

This is not a moral issue like Chick-fil-a. People want to make it a "god-given" thing the way my brother has been trying on facebook with me all day, but that's torturing the Declaration of Independence. He's such a restorationist that I suspect he thinks we should all have unfettered access to machine guns again. This is not something that you can appeal to God about. People who try that will ultimately lose, for God will not be mocked.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I think when corporations stop giving NRA members discounts, you're seeing a sea change. [...] before April is done, we'll probably have at least 2 more massacres
                This is extremely naïve. NRA members aren't NRA members to get access to corporate discounts. And two more school shootings won't change the current status quo any more than the last two did.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  This is extremely naïve. NRA members aren't NRA members to get access to corporate discounts. And two more school shootings won't change the current status quo any more than the last two did.
                  Naive is not a word people usually use to describe me.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Naive is not a word people usually use to describe me.
                    Rightly so. But predicting two more massacres by April raised my eyebrows too.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Rightly so. But predicting two more massacres by April raised my eyebrows too.
                      I hope I'm wrong, but that's not naivete. February, March, and April are the worst months for them. For example, tomorrow, I get to fail two students for the entire semester because they used translation programs on their homework, not thinking that I would recognize the imperfect subjunctive in SPA 101. That's now two people who are going to hate me. One of them is an angry young man. Sullen, doesn't want to even be in school. "I'm just here to play baseball" and now I'm going to take that away from him, in his mind, because he was too lazy to follow the rules. So, yeah, in the back of my mind, this time of year is more worrisome. They did install dead bolt locks in our classrooms finally, so I can lock us in, quickly. Before, I would've had to've gone out into the hallway with a key to lock the door from the outside. Now, I can just turn the lock from the inside. The doors are ancient, 100 y/o things that would take tons of rounds even think about getting through in a meaningful way. By that point, everyone would be out the windows.

So, yeah. Naive, I'm not.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but that's not naivete. February, March, and April are the worst months for them. For example, tomorrow, I get to fail two students for the entire semester because they used translation programs on their homework, not thinking that I would recognize the imperfect subjunctive in SPA 101. That's now two people who are going to hate me. One of them is an angry young man. Sullen, doesn't want to even be in school. "I'm just here to play baseball" and now I'm going to take that away from him, in his mind, because he was too lazy to follow the rules. So, yeah, in the back of my mind, this time of year is more worrisome. They did install dead bolt locks in our classrooms finally, so I can lock us in, quickly. Before, I would've had to've gone out into the hallway with a key to lock the door from the outside. Now, I can just turn the lock from the inside. The doors are ancient, 100 y/o things that would take tons of rounds even think about getting through in a meaningful way. By that point, everyone would be out the windows.

So, yeah. Naive, I'm not.
                        Jesus Christ... paranoid and naïve. Not a good combo.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X