Confirmed: Jon Huntsman is a wanker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed: Jon Huntsman is a wanker

Launches his PAC with... "poetry." Awful, Freshman English caliber poetry.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...ith_poems.html

Ever since I saw his fawning, ass-kissing introduction of Sarah Palin in Minneapolis in 2008 I knew I didn't like this cat. This sort of thing confirms that earlier judgment.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

I don't know of much to like about the guy, but I haven't followed him closely. What I've seen, I don't much care for.

And principles?
    What principles?
    He really wimped out on the school voucher deal.
    Endorsed McCain.

Maybe someday we'll find a new generation of conservative leaders.

Well-grounded leaders of vision.
    What is Huntsman's vision?
    Has he ever written anything explaining this vision?
    This conservative vision?

Comment

This things not over yet. Long ways to go still.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Remember, Mitt Romney is BYU. John Huntsman is the University of Utah.

"Uh oh, Utah just fumbled the opening kickoff."
        The Holy War is over, and Utah won - Federal Ute

Think of how stupid the average American is. Then remember that half are even dumber than that. - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Borderline Divine View Post

Hah, nice. They're both out of touch but at least Romney's got real private sector knowledge.

Here's a Haiku for Huntsman:

Politicians who
          Preach in awful poetry
          End up looking dumb
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

I have a feeling that analogy is going to get a lot of use over the next two years.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
              Hah, nice. They're both out of touch but at least Romney's got real private sector knowledge.

Politicians who
              Preach in awful poetry
              End up looking dumb

Right back atcha.

Romney a robot?
              Not so
              Robots can't flip-flop

Think of how stupid the average American is. Then remember that half are even dumber than that. - George Carlin

Comment

Tangentially related: Thune announces he's not running. Frum sums up the field thusly:
                If you work on the assumption that the 2012 GOP nomination contest is a battle between Romney and not-Romney, John Thune’s departure helps Romney by removing a plausible candidate who is not Romney.

If you think Romney is already terminally wounded, then Thune’s departure helps the best organized of the not-Romney alternatives: Tim Pawlenty.

If you think that Republican primary voters are struggling to find a candidate who is 100% conservative but also free from the baggage carried by Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich, that mission just got a lot harder.
                I think I mostly agree with that. I don't think Romney is terminally wounded.

Comment

Right back atcha.

Romney a robot?
                  Not so
                  Robots can't flip-flop

Hey! - Rules are rules man. Haiku = 5-7-5, so either add some syllables or invent a new form.

(that said, whatever it is, it's pretty clever - as someone who wants to be a Mitt fan I have a hard time disputing it).
                  Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

Comment

(that said, whatever it is, it's pretty clever - as someone who wants to be a Mitt fan I have a hard time disputing it).
                    My sentiments exactly.

Comment

Politicians who
                      Preach in awful poetry
                      End up looking dumb
                      Right back atcha.

Romney a robot?
                      Not so
                      Robots can't flip-flop
                      You guys are beckoning the haiku police. Consider yourselves warned.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Right back atcha.

Romney a robot?
                        Not so
                        Robots can't flip-flop
                        Not to be contrary, but robots most certainly can and do flip-flop upon receiving new input, as should anyone.

Comment

Hey! - Rules are rules man. Haiku = 5-7-5, so either add some syllables or invent a new form.

Damn, Haiku rules. Who knew? Would the panel accept lymerics? Works much better with my Ute background.

Comment

Damn, Haiku rules. Who knew? Would the panel accept lymerics? Works much better with my Ute background.
                            i wish huntsman rhymed with nantucket
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Oxy, you should have linked to the actual Huntsman PAC site.

In my limited exposure to poetry (I like it; I've bought books of poetry; I read poetry, but not very often, and most often in the New Yorker), the Huntsman PAC poem (the poem is not attributed to Huntsman) definitely comes across as "Freshman English caliber," which means that it is probably just right for the average GOP voter who might consider donating to Huntsman (smart, college educated, but not highly literate). I think it would have been smarter to make it a rhymer.

The REAL problem with Huntsman's PAC is the logo:

OK, I get it -- the PAC is called Horizon PAC, and their logo is a big red H, ostensibly for 'Horizon,' but obviously for 'Huntsman.' O'bama's logo fit nicely into the letter 'O,' and 'W' was known by everyone as 'W.' We've now lived more than a decade under presidents whose public campaigns were reducible to a single letter, a fact that makes it possible to mention the candidate 140 times in a single twitter message. How cool is that?

But take a closer look at that 'H.' See the problem with it? Two vertical red bars with a red something in the middle. Now where have I seen something like that...

... oh yes, last Boxing Day:

The REAL problem with Huntsman's PAC is that it is just WAY TOO CANADIAN, and to the GOP faithful, that is about as appealing as a menage a trois with Hillary Clinton and Janet Reno.

Comment

Working...
                              X