Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Jon Huntsman is a wanker

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I think he would get obliterated by Spencer Cox. I hope so.
    I wonder who the SL Tribune would endorse.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    I wonder who the SL Tribune would endorse.
    My guess is that with both being republicans, the tribune would be more apt to endorse whatever cashier you last used at Albertsons as long as she is a Democrat...even better if she is transgender.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    My guess is that with both being republicans, the tribune would be more apt to endorse whatever cashier you last used at Albertsons as long as she is a Democrat...even better if she is transgender.
    Uh, the Huntsmans own the Salt Lake Tribune.

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/U7Ghu2s.gif
    Last edited by LVAllen; 08-06-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Yeah, I know...it appears Moliere didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Look, I hate Trump. I would’ve respected Huntsman if he quit Trump’s administration because of its awfulness. But no, he’s just a selfish opportunist. He was governor before and he ditched out. He doesn’t keep commitments. If this wasn’t a presidential primary year I’d consider registering as a Republican to support Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Look, I hate Trump. I would’ve respected Huntsman if he quit Trump’s administration because of its awfulness. But no, he’s just a selfish opportunist. He was governor before and he ditched out. He doesn’t keep commitments. If this wasn’t a presidential primary year I’d consider registering as a Republican to support Cox.
    Go ahead and switch. If you are in Utah, your vote in the democratic presidential primary is of no consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    Ha, I forgot about that. I still think they’d endorse Misty Snow
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Ha, I forgot about that. I still think they’d endorse Misty Snow
    Keep going to the well. Eventually you may find water.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    Keep going to the well. Eventually you may find water.
    lol
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

https://www.ksl.com/article/46703726...-utah-governor

Abby Huntsman said Monday she is leaving "The View" to assist her father, Jon Huntsman Jr., in his run to be Utah's governor.
    I'm pretty much an "anybody but Huntsman" guy in this year's election.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46703726...-utah-governor

I'm pretty much an "anybody but Huntsman" guy in this year's election.
    I’m not an anybody but Huntsman, but I’m close. I don’t want Chaffetz or Bishop. I’d be thrilled with Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    I’m not an anybody but Huntsman, but I’m close. I don’t want Chaffetz or Bishop. I’d be thrilled with Cox.
    I should be more specific: I'm "anybody of those candidates that have declared but Huntsman".

Chaffetz has already stated he's not running. Bishop has been waffling around on it for months and months now and is supposed to announce sometime this month if he'll run. My guess is he won't now that Cox and Huntsman are dominating and Bishop is only polling at 9% among Republicans.

And just like that, Bishop announces he won't run:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46703788...-thomas-wright

For some reason, this bit made me chuckle:

But he did not rule out joining Wright or another Republican in the race as a lieutenant governor candidate, saying that is “not my decision or choice to do. Somebody else has to answer that question”

Every time I see this thread title I smile and think "that's so true."

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Every time I see this thread title I smile and think "that's so true."
    Haha. Me too.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    And just like that, Bishop announces he won't run:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46703788...-thomas-wright

For some reason, this bit made me chuckle:

But he did not rule out joining Wright or another Republican in the race as a lieutenant governor candidate, saying that is “not my decision or choice to do. Somebody else has to answer that question”

And now the other shoe drops:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46705455...s-running-mate

Former Utah GOP Chairman Thomas Wright became the first candidate for Utah governor to name his running mate when he announced Thursday retiring Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, is his choice for lieutenant governor.

Hate to start the day off with bad news, but ...

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...huntsman-leads

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Hate to start the day off with bad news, but ...

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...huntsman-leads
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Polls are so useless. Out of 500 calls to Utah only 246 respondents declared themselves Republican. Okay.

Why do I have this personal antipathy toward Huntsman? I am mystified. I wonder if it is because he is the scion of a very wealthy man?

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Why do I have this personal antipathy toward Huntsman? I am mystified. I wonder if it is because he is the scion of a very wealthy man?
    I hear you, KL. There are few politicians who annoy me the way Huntsman does. I'm not sure he's had a job he hasn't left early to pursue some other vanity project without any consideration of the damage left behind. I can forgive him faking activity in the church in the 2006 primary or shit talking Romney in 2008/2012 and then shit talking the church during his presidential run. But I just can't forgive him taking the ambassador job in China and then using his time and position there to run against the sitting president. It's an insanely unpatriotic act by a diplomat and made us look incredibly bad in China.

Polls are so useless. Out of 500 calls to Utah only 246 respondents declared themselves Republican. Okay.
    Utah has a pretty big set of officially unaffiliated voters - more than 30%. https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...-unaffiliated/

Sure, Utahns reliably pull the R lever in the general election, but many of them are not officially a member of the Republican party so they can't participate in the Republican primary. Utah allows the parties to declare whether their primaries are open or closed. The Dems let anyone vote in their primary but the Republicans have a closed primary. I've never voted for a Democrat for US President in my life, but I'm not a Republican at the moment so I can't vote in the Republican primary in Utah.

I've never understood why the Dems let anyone vote in their primary. Seems to defeat the entire point of a political party.

I hear you, KL. There are few politicians who annoy me the way Huntsman does. I'm not sure he's had a job he hasn't left early to pursue some other vanity project without any consideration of the damage left behind. I can forgive him faking activity in the church in the 2006 primary or shit talking Romney in 2008/2012 and then shit talking the church during his presidential run. But I just can't forgive him taking the ambassador job in China and then using his time and position there to run against the sitting president. It's an insanely unpatriotic act by a diplomat and made us look incredibly bad in China.
    I don't forgive any of that, especially the Mitt shit-talking.

You had me at vanity. He's a vane POS.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Huntsman and Cox both endorsed Trump in a debate yesterday. Yuck.

That's is gross.

They are both bad people

Default Confirmed: Jon Huntsman is a wanker

Ugh. I thought at least Cox was better than that. How disappointing. Where is friggin’ McMullin these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Ugh. I thought at least Cox was better than that. How disappointing. Where is friggin’ McMullin these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've read nothing but good things about Cox on CS. Some of the posters here took a credibility hit.

Why did he endorse Trump? It's didn't seem politically expedient in Utah. Why not follow Romney's example and just let Mitt happen?
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

You should read what they actually said in the debate. There were many caveats and qualifications among the candidates - not a hearty ringing endorsement from all.