Real Salt Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Salt Lake

Their season starts tonight, three weeks earlier than usual, to play at Columbus in the first leg of the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal.

I have high hopes for them this year. They "lost" Robbie Findley from last year's team (Nottingham Forest), and add Arturo Alvarez. I think they're capable of winning the CCL and the Supporters Shield, but it will take hard work and good fortune.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

RSL wins 4-1 at home and advances to the semifinals. They'll play the winner of Saprissa and Olimpia.

Their midfield is excellent. Beckerman, Morales, Williams, and Espindola all work together really well.

It was a fun time, and the crowd (15k) was really great.
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

A bit cold for soccer wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rickomatic View Post
        A bit cold for soccer wasn't it?
        40 degrees. I've played in colder and worse conditions. Last night was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          40 degrees. I've played in colder and worse conditions. Last night was nice.

Playing in and watching are two different things. I would play soccer in the snow in Idaho Falls. But I don't think I would go out and watch it unless I could get a sun tan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickomatic View Post
            Playing in and watching are two different things. I would play soccer in the snow in Idaho Falls. But I don't think I would go out and watch it unless I could get a sun tan.
            EPL has their season from August to May. If they can sell out 40k seat stadiums to watch games in 20 degrees and driving rain, I can spectate in 40-degree weather.

Comment

RSL win 2-0 over Saprissa. I thought the visitors played well, and Rimando had to make two very good saves. But Saborio is on another level, and Espindola's goal was class.

It would've been nice to get one more in the 2nd half, but they're in great shape for the 2nd leg in 3 weeks. And the MLS opener is Saturday at San Jose.

Comment

RSL win 2-0 over Saprissa. I thought the visitors played well, and Rimando had to make two very good saves. But Saborio is on another level, and Espindola's goal was class.

It would've been nice to get one more in the 2nd half, but they're in great shape for the 2nd leg in 3 weeks. And the MLS opener is Saturday at San Jose.
                As a fan of la Liga Deportiva Alajuelense, anytime Saprissa loses is a great day. ¡Muerte al Monstruo!
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Do you pronounce Real the right way or the wrong way?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Do you pronounce Real the right way or the wrong way?
                    Ray-ALL
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

RSL wins 2-0 over Saprissa. I thought the visitors played well, and Rimando had to make two very good saves. But Saborio is on another level, and Espindola's goal was class.

I love soccer. I love RSL. But I cannot do the whole British talk.

RSL WINS not win. Robbie Findley is fast, he doesn't have great pace. The team plays on a field, not a pitch.

Rant over.

Great game last night. If RSL gets just one goal @ Saprissa, that should pretty much do it as Saprissa would then need to score 4 to advance. Even still, I like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

RSL WINS not win. Robbie Findley is fast, he doesn't have great pace. The team plays on a field, not a pitch.

Rant over.

Great game last night. If RSL gets just one goal @ Saprissa, that should pretty much do it as Saprissa would then need to score 4 to advance. Even still, I like our chances.
                        It was his use of "visitors" that I thought was really weird. Is that a Euro thing too?
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Rant over.

Is it "Jazz win" or "Jazz wins."

On the same note, I often hear "the Jazz has 4 team fouls" instead of "the Jazz have 4 team fouls," for example.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Is it "Jazz win" or "Jazz wins."

On the same note, I often hear "the Jazz has 4 team fouls" instead of "the Jazz have 4 team fouls," for example.
                            Utah wins, the Jazz win. The Jazz have 4 fouls.

British speak has infiltrated the NBA? I've never heard "the Jazz has...."

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              Ray-ALL
                              So the wrong way.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X