Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have you lived, and where would you move back to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
    London is amazing - where/whether I cld live there would depend entirely on the budget, but there are some great areas. Also depends slightly on your tolerance for rain, and mine is high.
    London is a great place to visit.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      What did you not like about Vernal? It is a great place to live if you like the outdoors. Great fishing and hunting. Flaming Gorge is awesome.
      I can't disagree with your comments in general, but the winters there are brutalm, it's too far from family and doesn't have any other redeeming qualities - outside the exceptional bird hunting - to make it worth it.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Auburn, CA -
        Born, raised, went to high school, still go back to visit my parents, still the place I'd retire though I increasingly hate the fact that it's in a state controlled by idiot children. Perfect climate, beautiful rivers and rolling hills, 60 minutes from stunning Alpine mountains and ski slopes, only 2 hrs from SF, small town with history. Love it.

Berkeley CA -
        Still one of my favorite places on earth.

Szombathely, Hungary - would visit, wouldn't live.
        Budapest, Hungary - love it, would live there again though not permanently.
        Dunaujvaros, Hungary - formerly "Stalin City" would go back for the people and memories and leave quickly.
        Nyiregyhaza, Hungary - can't think of any reason I'd go back since the people I knew there have moved to Budapest.
        Szeged, Hungary - 8 months of my mish, love this city - young energetic university town, going to spend a Sunday there next Month.

Provo, UT -
        Yes, under the right circumstances I could live there - like if I was leaving regularly. But even if it's easy to knock people for hanging in Provo, the natural setting is amazing and I wouldn't complain about year-round access to Cougar sports.

Vienna, Austria - yes, with the right budget.
        Oxford, UK - yes, a thousand damn times yes. But again, budget would be key.
        London, UK - if I could live in the home of the family that I was house-sitting for rent-free in S. Kensington, with 4,000 square feet of marble floors about 300 meters from some of the best museums in the world - hells yes. I love London, but it's way too expensive unless you're getting a deal.

Playa del Rey (Los Angeles) CA -
        Yes, one of the few pockets of LA I really love. I was a stone's throw from water and PdR is cut off from LA's sprawl and doesn't allow any chain stores in its charter. Feels like a small town.

Wash DC - the Cleveland Park neighborhood where I lived is still one of my favorite places in the world. Also feels like a small town in the big city. In a jog's distance of both Georgetown and American, two subway stops from DuPont, a classic old theater, a post office, a library and some great restaurants.

East Village, NYC - loved it, still love it, but too fratty for an old man like me at this point and impossible to be there with a family unless you've got big money.

Long Island City, NYC - perched on the East River, one stop from Grand Central, great water front, cheaper than anything in Manhattan, faster commute to my Midtown meetings than when I was in the East Village, and I actually have a washer/drier. It's actually marginally possible to have a family here in L.I.C.

San Francisco, CA - like so many other places, with the right budget yes. But way to freaking expensive unless you want to be South SF or elsewhere.
        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          Provo - Maybe
          Kingsville, TX - No
          Idaho Falls, ID - No
          The Hague, Holland - Hell No
          Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia - Hell No
          Chattanooga, TN - Maybe
          London/East Anglia, England - Hell No
          Murray/Midvale - Maybe, slightly more likely than Provo
          Noblesville, IN - Definitely Yes
          Castle Rock, CO - YES!!!!
          Where I currently live out East - Hell No
          When where you in Kingsville? My wife's sister and husband lived there for a couple years while he got his masters degree at Texas A&M/Kingsville. We visited once - 5 days was enough for me.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Kahuku, HI - No
            Sacramento, CA - No
            Simi Valley, CA - No
            Valencia, CA - Yes
            St. Helens, OR - No
            Denver, CO - Yes
            Provo, UT - Maybe
            SLC, UT - Yes
            Fredericksburg, VA - Yes
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Most of you have lived in much more diverse places than I.

Rock Springs, WY -- no chance, too cold and windy. Truly, Logan and Rexburg have nothing on Rock Springs.
              Rexburg, ID - No
              Provo area - Maybe, but I hate the traffic.
              Logan, UT -- No, too cold
              Davis County -- I currently live here, and am pretty happy, but it's not an ideal place to live
              Mexico City (mission and internship) no way.

But I'll admit that even when I say no way, I'd still move just about anywhere for a ton of money. Also, with enough money and a good neighborhood, lots of places would be nice.

Comment

Auburn, CA -
                Born, raised, went to high school, still go back to visit my parents, still the place I'd retire though I increasingly hate the fact that it's in a state controlled by idiot children. Perfect climate, beautiful rivers and rolling hills, 60 minutes from stunning Alpine mountains and ski slopes, only 2 hrs from SF, small town with history. Love it.
                My wife's other sister lives in Grass Valley owning/running a horse ranch. Beautiful area; We don't visit as much as we should. She and her husband agree that the state is run by idiot children.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Scottsbluff NE - no but loved it as a kid
                  Temecula CA - Yes
                  Provo UT - No
                  Boston MA- Yes
                  Manhattan Beach CA - Yes
                  Encino CA - No
                  Valencia CA - Yes
                  NW Chicago Burbs (Barrington) IL - maybe still feeling it out
                  Last edited by Flystripper; 06-27-2018, 05:29 PM.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                    When where you in Kingsville? My wife's sister and husband lived there for a couple years while he got his masters degree at Texas A&M/Kingsville. We visited once - 5 days was enough for me.
                    1969-1974 My parents returned there a few years ago for a visit and said that everything had gone to crap; and it wasn't all that great 40 years ago.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Interesting. Never thought of DC as having horrible weather. Winters are relatively mild - I assume you're referring to the humidity the rest of the year? Yeah, Ok that does suck.
                      I lived there during a winter, and it's the coldest place I've ever lived by a long shot. I would seriously wrap my head in a scarf so that only my eyes were visible.

I've been there several times in the summer and it's unbearably sticky and hot.

Outside of that, I love the place. And I love it enough that I would endure the weather.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Murray Utah - yes
                        La Crescenta California - yes
                        Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, East London and Durban South Africa - yes to all but Port Elizabeth
                        Provo Utah - no

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                          Roswell, NM-I like it here a lot, except for the tea party element.
                          Doesn't the high probability of being abducted and probed bother you?

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                            Paducah, KY --- I am stuck in this eternal hell for another 5+ years
                            So I take it you're not voting in the poll:

http://www.preservationnation.org/tr...-destinations/
                            There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                            Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                            And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

SLC - yes, current residence
                              Philadelphia, PA-yes
                              Pittsburgh, PA-yes
                              Montreal, PQ-yes
                              Quebec City, PQ-yes
                              Ottawa, ONT-yes
                              Kingston, ONT-yes

Comment

Plain City, Ut. - Not anymore. It ain't home now.
                                Logan, Ut. - Nope.
                                Cypress Ca. - Nope
                                San Mateo, Ca. - Liked it then. Probably different now.
                                Garden Grove, Ca. - As noted above, Little Saigon.
                                Versaillles, Ky. - I suppose I could live there again, but I won't go to any lengths to achieve that.
                                Malad, Id. - I would defy a court order before I lived there again.
                                The Holy War is over, and Utah won - Federal Ute

Think of how stupid the average American is. Then remember that half are even dumber than that. - George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X