Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have you lived, and where would you move back to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
    Toulouse, France--maybe
    Perigeux, France --No
    Tarbes, France --No
    Poitiers, France --Probably not, too hilly
    My sister served in Poitiers....
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      My sister served in Poitiers....
      When?

Comment

Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
        When?
        Somewhere in the 1993-1994 range.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

California:
          Fremont - No, never been the same since MC Hammer moved away.
          Pleasanton - Yes, with a family
          Sunnyvale - No
          Mountain View - not bad...but i'd just move to Palo Alto
          San Francisco - Not sure I'll be able to move away

Provo - I'd never choose to

Geneva, Switzerland - In a heartbeat
          Anywhere in France - For a couple years at most

Comment

Idaho Falls, ID- Probably not. I grew up there and loved it, but it's cold and not nearly as nice as I remember it. Most of my good memories are tied to people there, not the place.

Rexburg, ID-never

Italy (Rome and surrounding areas)-I love this place, but can't imagine establishing a permanent residence there.

Provo, UT-nope

College Station, TX
            - Absolutely

Ft. Collins/Denver, CO-YES YES YES. If I got to choose a place to end up, the front range would be it.

Birmingham, AL-Current location. I wasn't excited about moving here, but I was wrong. It's turned out to be a very nice place, but I don't see us ending up here over the long haul.

Comment

I left out all my mission cities -
              Landshut, Bavaria, Germany - if I had a VERY fast car and worked on the north side of Munich, the commute wouldn't be too bad via autobahn, so maybe.

Goeppingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany - Uhhh. No.

Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria - sure. Why not. Very touristy. Parts very pretty but parts very ugly. With all the Alps around, it wouldn't be a horrible place to call home. And my wife would be happy with skiing 365 days a year (glacier skiing - not the best, but still officially skiing)

Neu Ulm, Bavaria, Germany - Meh. Not a horrible place. Not too expensive. But no real reason to want to live there either.

Munich, Bavaria, Germany. In a heartbeat. But I'd need a good job.

Esslingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany - My wife is from there. As of a couple months ago, she is the owner of half of a huge house that she'll eventually own 100% of. I could end up living there some day whether I want to or not. It's not a bad place - it actually has some redeeming qualities. I'd call it a 'yes' but Germany in general is nowhere near as attractive to me as it was a decade ago.

Simbach, Bavaria, Germany - not in a million-billion years. It's an armpit. A tiny little armpit. 2 hours by slow-train from Munich -- and there only are slow trains. Hitler was born across the river in Braunau, Austria. That's about all the good that I can say about Simbach. Being there for the last three months of my mission felt like a prison. Alone, isolated, in a tiny little branch, with a douchebag companion. The only nice quality was that the train ride into Munich sucked so bad, the MP let us - encouraged us, actually (he knew my comp was a douchebag)- to come in the night before district meeting, stay overnight with the elders in the mission office, have district meeting and splits the next day, and then do P-Day with the mission office elders the next day. Spending 2 days a week in Munich made Simbach palatable. I dreaded the train-ride back...

Comment

Originally posted by TheAzzuri View Post
                Idaho Falls, ID- Probably not. I grew up there and loved it, but it's cold and not nearly as nice as I remember it. Most of my good memories are tied to people there, not the place.

Rexburg, ID-never

Italy (Rome and surrounding areas)-I love this place, but can't imagine establishing a permanent residence there.

Provo, UT-nope

College Station, TX
                - Absolutely

Ft. Collins/Denver, CO-YES YES YES. If I got to choose a place to end up, the front range would be it.

Birmingham, AL-Current location. I wasn't excited about moving here, but I was wrong. It's turned out to be a very nice place, but I don't see us ending up here over the long haul.
                We visited Birmingham a few months ago and were pleasantly surprised by how much we liked it. I would live there.
                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

IN geographical but not temporal order (and I am probably leaving something out)

Murray Utah- maybe

Midvale Utah - not if I could avoid it

South Jordan Utah- Sure

Salt Lake City Utah- sure, if I can pick the neighborhood

Provo, UT--I am not a bubble kind of guy

Boitfort Belgium-Yes, in a flash

Brussels Belgium--no, I would move to someplace nearby like Boitfort

Montreal, Quebec-only for the 12 days every year that constitute spring or fall, otherwise not a chance. This is true for the various other places I lived in Quebec during my mission; I wont list them all because I think you can grasp the point (except Ottawa, I might live there again)

Odessa Texas-- Are you kidding me? No.

Westchester CA--yes

Mar Vista CA-- nope

Venice CA-- only if I had the same apt. manager (Deena the habitual sunbather) except this time she would have to get the landlord to spray for roaches.

Marina Del Ray CA --yes

Silver Lake Ca-- not really

San Francisco CA -- absolutely

Alameda CA-- Yes

Albany/Berkeley CA-- prolly not unless I was in one of those big hillside homes looking down on all the peons while preaching wealth redistribution.

Mill Valley CA-- Yes
                  Last edited by creekster; 02-23-2011, 05:56 PM. Reason: I forgot PROVO!
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Boise/Meridian (current)-yes
                    Bothell/Seattle suburbs-yes
                    Provo-yes
                    Baltimore-yes
                    Idaho Falls-yes
                    Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil (mission)-yes
                    other cities/towns/villages in Minas Gerais-no

6/7 ain't bad.
                    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Calabasas, CA (Los Angeles Area) - No
                      Rexburg (freshman year) - Freakin' Heck No
                      Spain - Yes
                      Provo - No
                      Murray, UT - No
                      Chicago - Yes
                      Minneapolis - No
                      Miami - No
                      West Palm Beach - Yes
                      San Antonio, TX - Yes
                      Portland Oregon - Yes
                      South Jordan, UT - Yes

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post

Odessa Texas-- Are you kidding me? No.
                        Uncommonly smart for a monkey. Odessa and environs are disgusting at best. See, also, El Paso.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                          We visited Birmingham a few months ago and were pleasantly surprised by how much we liked it. I would live there.
                          I love it there, and not just because I was born there. Hoover is a great suburb.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            I love it there, and not just because I was born there. Hoover is a great suburb.
                            Mountain Brook and Trussville are better.

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                              Where I have lived

Utah - Davis county - currently
                              Washington - Tacoma
                              Oklahoma - Lawton ( multiple times)
                              Texas - Killeen, Mineral Wells
                              Tennessee - Clarksville
                              Georgia - Augusta
                              Germany - Nuremberg area

There is no area that I absolutely hate, but my favorites if I ever moved from here are

Tennesse, Washington or Germany

edit - how could I forget Japan - Kobe/Osaka/Kyoto - yes
                              You lived in Killeen? I'm TDY at Fort Hood for a week. I don't think we're working on Saturday & Sunday, so I'm looking for things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                You lived in Killeen? I'm TDY at Fort Hood for a week. I don't think we're working on Saturday & Sunday, so I'm looking for things to do.
                                You are only one short hour from Chip and Joanna central!

Comment

Working...
                                X