No announcement yet.

Fredi's Ready! The next era of winning in Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw his bullpen stats: 7 IP, 8 K, 0 BB, 1 ER at AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
      Braves finally waive Proctor.

So hopefully the bullpen just got a lot better.
      About time. I wouldn't be worse than Proctor. The pen just got much better.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
        About time. I wouldn't be worse than Proctor. The pen just got much better.
        I knew he'd been bad, but an ERA over 9 in his last 18 appearances? How did he keep getting shots? He should have been waived long ago, even if it meant just bringing someone else up from AAA to hold the spot until they were ready to move on Vizcaino or Teheran.

I was a little surprised that it was Vizcaino who got the call, just because they do seem pretty set on him and Teheran being starters, whereas Delgado has long been rumored as a back end of the pen arm once he gets to the majors. But Arodys is probably just the most ready to help a team likely headed to the playoffs.

Comment

I knew he'd been bad, but an ERA over 9 in his last 18 appearances? How did he keep getting shots? He should have been waived long ago, even if it meant just bringing someone else up from AAA to hold the spot until they were ready to move on Vizcaino or Teheran.

I was a little surprised that it was Vizcaino who got the call, just because they do seem pretty set on him and Teheran being starters, whereas Delgado has long been rumored as a back end of the pen arm once he gets to the majors. But Arodys is probably just the most ready to help a team likely headed to the playoffs.
          The only game I can think of in the last two months where Proctor didn't suck was the 18 inning game with the Pirates. Outside of that one game he has been nailed harder and more often than Jenna Jameson at a gang bang filming.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

What a fun game tonight and a great way to celebrate Bobby Cox's legacy.
            I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

3/4 from the Giants, WC lead sitting at 6 games. Great week for the future seeing how Delgado, Vizcaino, and Minor pitched. Chipper and Hudson both had good interviews this week talking about how advanced the young arms in the system are. Chipper said he can tell Delgado's command has gotten much better and that a better change-up makes him extremely tough. He said Delgado could easily be in the rotation right now and would make the team better (cough, Derek Lowe, cough).

That was Lincecum's 26th start last night. It was the 10th time the Giants haven't scored any runs with him on the mound. Not having Posey certainly makes a huge difference. But given the mountain of injury issues this year for Atlanta I'll take it.

Comment

And how incredible has Kimbrel been? Rookie closer leading the majors in saves. Carlos Marmol of the Cubs has 78 K's in 59 innings. Kimbrel has 96 K's in 62 innings. Marmol and Axford of Milwaukee are 2nd among closers in strikeouts, but Marmol's K/BB ratio is at about 2/1 and Axford is at 3.2/1. After last night's 2 K's and no walks Kimbrel's ratio is 4.2/1.

And the crazy thing is how much better he's gotten as the season has gone along. He hasn't allowed a run over the last two months with a WHIP of 0.66 during that time and a BAA of .125. As Venters put it, Kimbrel just comes out and throws 98 from the start and nobody catches up.

Comment

And how incredible has Kimbrel been? Rookie closer leading the majors in saves. Carlos Marmol of the Cubs has 78 K's in 59 innings. Kimbrel has 96 K's in 62 innings. Marmol and Axford of Milwaukee are 2nd among closers in strikeouts, but Marmol's K/BB ratio is at about 2/1 and Axford is at 3.2/1. After last night's 2 K's and no walks Kimbrel's ratio is 4.2/1.

And the crazy thing is how much better he's gotten as the season has gone along. He hasn't allowed a run over the last two months with a WHIP of 0.66 during that time and a BAA of .125. As Venters put it, Kimbrel just comes out and throws 98 from the start and nobody catches up.
                  41 and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                    41 and counting!

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      Right you are! I was thinking about this earlier today and that I needed to post it and then forgot about tonight's line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                        Right you are! I was thinking about this earlier today and that I needed to post it and then forgot about tonight's line.
                        He has been incredible the last couple of months. If Freeman wasn't having the year he is, he would be run away ROY. Freddie has become my second favorite Brave. I love that kid.

Comment

• Braves are going to come together nicely this month, as soon as the rotation gets healthy. I like our chances against everyone in the playoffs, except the Phillies.
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

He has been incredible the last couple of months. If Freeman wasn't having the year he is, he would be run away ROY. Freddie has become my second favorite Brave. I love that kid.
                            Yeah, I hope they don't split the vote too badly so that neither one of them wins it. That would be very disappointing.

As far as your favorite Bravos go, I'm curious who's on top? I'd assume either Chipper or McCann for longevity because they're up there for my, but I also really like Huddy. Maybe I'm a sucker for tats and didn't know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                              Yeah, I hope they don't split the vote too badly so that neither one of them wins it. That would be very disappointing.

As far as your favorite Bravos go, I'm curious who's on top? I'd assume either Chipper or McCann for longevity because they're up there for my, but I also really like Huddy. Maybe I'm a sucker for tats and didn't know it.
                              Good guess. Mac and Chipper are tied. Huddy is up there, but just a shade below Freddie now. His fall off the mound a few weeks ago and the way he handled the aftermath is one of my favorite Braves moment this season.

About five years ago I had to send two weeks in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The Braves happened to be playing a weekend series at Wrigley so I headed to Chicago for all three games. On Sunday I scored a sweet seat about 5 rows up right behind home plate. I get to my seat and I see a dude who looks like an old McCann. Turns out his entire family is sitting next to me. One of the most enjoyable games I've ever been to. I was a huge fan before, but that raised that much more. Very nice and down to earth family.

Comment

Good guess. Mac and Chipper are tied. Huddy is up there, but just a shade below Freddie now. His fall off the mound a few weeks ago and the way he handled the aftermath is one of my favorite Braves moment this season.

About five years ago I had to send two weeks in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The Braves happened to be playing a weekend series at Wrigley so I headed to Chicago for all three games. On Sunday I scored a sweet seat about 5 rows up right behind home plate. I get to my seat and I see a dude who looks like an old McCann. Turns out his entire family is sitting next to me. One of the most enjoyable games I've ever been to. I was a huge fan before, but that raised that much more. Very nice and down to earth family.
                                That.Is.Awesome.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X