No announcement yet.

Fredi's Ready! The next era of winning in Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schuerholz is cleaning house. Wren's gone along with a subordinate. Here's hoping for someone who can figure out how to get rid of B.J.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Schuerholz is cleaning house. Wren's gone along with a subordinate. Here's hoping for someone who can figure out how to get rid of B.J.

I understand this move, but I absolutely hate it. When can we expect Freeman to be shipped out?
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Francisco Cabrera is hell and gone from CartageƱa.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post

I understand this move, but I absolutely hate it. When can we expect Freeman to be shipped out?
          Having the best closer in the game is worthless on a team that won't win. Given that closers have a notoriously short shelf life, he probably was not going to be around for the Braves resurgence in a few years. Good move to sell high. Now they don't have the Upton contract on the books as an excuse for dumb moves.

Comment

• It's hard to call two wins against the Marlins a hot start but as low as expectations are, I'll take it. If the starting pitching holds up this team could win a few more than expected.

Comment

• The complete lack of postings in this thread this season says all we need to say about this shitty team. Corporations make for lousy owners.

Comment

The complete lack of postings in this thread this season says all we need to say about this shitty team. Corporations make for lousy owners.
                Did you change your #? (Or just ignore me....) This has been a horrible season and I feel like the the past month and a half has been a guaranteed loss each night. I haven't been able to or had the energy to watch many games this summer, but I'll tune in occasionally and realize that I recognize about 3 names on the team.
                I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                  Did you change your #? (Or just ignore me....) This has been a horrible season and I feel like the the past month and a half has been a guaranteed loss each night. I haven't been able to or had the energy to watch many games this summer, but I'll tune in occasionally and realize that I recognize about 3 names on the team.
                  My phone died in late July and I just haven't got one yet. I don't really use it much. I'm usually with my wife and she has a fancy one. Take my old number and change the last four digits to 3660 and you can reach us anytime.

Comment

• I know part of it is the limited amount of baseball I can watch now, but I feel so disconnected from this team now and trying to figure out what direction they're going. Sad to see the news about Hanson this week but that's not team-related. Then we'll deal Simmons for a catcher when we've been dealing them away right and left for years now. (I guess that creates need.) Now, Liberty wants to offer tracking stock for suckers out there -- can I also add some Knicks stock? Maybe Ferrari? And rumors say that even Freeman is on the trading block. There was hope in the late 80s -- the way this team looked in the second half of '15... uuuugggghhhh.

Comment

• Simmons for a catcher? I thought it was for two minor league pitchers. One a potential top of the rotation type of pitcher. I love Freeman. I hope he gets moved for his own good. Would hate to be the guy hitting clean up in that line up next year. It's looking to be historically bad. From a young team that won 96 games two years ago to where we are today is incredible.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        Simmons for a catcher? I thought it was for two minor league pitchers. One a potential top of the rotation type of pitcher. I love Freeman. I hope he gets moved for his own good. Would hate to be the guy hitting clean up in that line up next year. It's looking to be historically bad. From a young team that won 96 games two years ago to where we are today is incredible.
                        You're right, I read something backwards and we gave up another catcher. My neighbor is a Cards fan and he's excited that they seem to be in the mix for another good Brave in Freeman.

Comment

• Time bury this thread (nice call Parrot Head!).

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15...lez-9-28-start
                          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                            Time bury this thread (nice call Parrot Head!).

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15...lez-9-28-start
                            I haven't even watched a game this season.

Comment

I haven't even watched a game this season.
                              Are you going to (or already did) catch another game at the TED before they head north? I had been planning on it going into the season, go catch a series at least, but there has been nothing inspiring about this team or organization this year.

Comment

• Six in a row and until today the offense has been scoring runs in bunches. Fun to see the work in progress move in the right direction. They still suck, but at least they're playing hard to the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X