The CUF Valentines Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
    Olive Garden is about as good as it gets in my neck of the woods...unless you want to pay well north of $100 for two.
    I understand this is the case some places. Hell, if we want to eat locally without driving at least twenty minutes, some of our best options are Cafe Rio and Olive Garden.

But Provo has both Gloria's and La Dolce Vita, neither of which will set you back $100 for two, unless you both order an appetizer, both order an entree, both order drinks, and both order dessert.
    "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Ah, the folly of youth. When I was in college, I loved any food...Olive garden, chilis, sconecutter, Friar Tucks, I even was known to dine on Sounds Easy Pizza I would even go to those on campus meetings or wedding receptions for the refreshments.

At least the boyfriend has a good heart, which is the main thing right now. Hopefully, the spirit of Hospitaliano did not extent beyond the meal.
      Well he is from the Bay area...I am going to try and get a last name and have PAC do some investigating for me. He is only 18 and is really looking forward to serving a mission. All good things on the Dad front.

She said the date was good. The pressure at BYU is intense and they have only been an item for 6 weeks or so. She made a promise to herself no BF for her first semester in college. So they made it official on the first day of winter semester. Promise kept.

But it appears he was a gentleman throughout the evening and she things I would like him. (Little does she know...if his name isn't Jimmer then I don't like any young man.)

But she sounds happy, and hasn't asked me for money in the last 3 days. Win win.

Comment

I'm a day late for Valentine's Day but this piece fromthe Atlantic is pretty interesting:

Marital Rating Scale from the 1930s

Read the chart with your spouse. It's fun.

But even more intriguing (or hilarious) was the earlier work of its founder, George Crane.

In the 1930s, he went around to a bunch of husbands and said, "Hey husband, what does your wife do that annoys you?" And then he added all those complaints up and created a handy chart that let you rate your spouse against the generic ideal/anti-ideal. That's what you see in the chart above.

Here's a little more explanation from the American Psychological Association's magazine:

Although most people who read the test today find it humorous and obviously dated, Crane did attempt to make it scientific. His method was to interview 600 husbands on their wives' positive and negative qualities. Then he listed the 50 demerits and merits that arose most frequently. Crane, did admit to using a personal bias in weighting the items that he thought were most important in marriage.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!

Comment

YO is no iconoclast!
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

A couple of days ago my wife said "Honey, I need to drive up to Salt Lake City to pick up some things. How about if I swing by the Sundance outlet and pick myself up some jewelry for Valentine's Day?"

Cha-ching. She is definitely a keeper.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  A couple of days ago my wife said "Honey, I need to drive up to Salt Lake City to pick up some things. How about if I swing by the Sundance outlet and pick myself up some jewelry for Valentine's Day?"

Cha-ching. She is definitely a keeper.
                  My wife did the same thing, got herself something nice at a great deal. For me, I bought us both tickets to the Mavs/Kings game last night to see Jimmer. Jimmer was disappointing but we did get to see Vince Carter pass up Larry Bird on the NBA's career scoring list.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing "Safe Haven" and the fine acting of Julianne Hough tonight.

Comment

V-Day Checklist

* Costco Roses
                      * A gift certificate for my wife to get her car detailed
                      * A big visa bill for whatever my wife has bought herself

* A 6:00 am "Happy Valentines Day" text from YOhio

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        V-Day Checklist

* Costco Roses
                        * A gift certificate for my wife to get her car detailed
                        * A big visa bill for whatever my wife has bought herself

* A 6:00 am "Happy Valentines Day" text from YOhio
                        You forgot the chocolate covered strawberries at the 'Co!
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          You forgot the chocolate covered strawberries at the 'Co!
                          Ha. I did forget about those. I ordered some from Shari's berries, I'm curious if they are as good as advertised.

Comment

Happy Valentines Day Baby!
                            Last edited by clackamascoug; 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Today is the 40th Valentine's Day I've spent with Mrs. PAC. It occurs to me that never in those 40 years has she ever complained about the lack or quality of a gift (and that includes Christmases and birthdays). Quoth Jim Harbaugh: Who's got it better than me? Nobody.

Comment

Working...
                                X