The CUF Valentines Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    We became more iconoclastic after marriage. If we were to do it over again, the answer would be yes. Probably tungsten though.
    My wife's original wedding band is a simple gold band. No stones.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      My wife's original wedding band is a simple gold band. No stones.
      What does she have now?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        What does she have now?
        Same one. ALthough I added an anniversary band for our 25th that has some stones on it.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Why not just get a ring tattooed on? Cheap, as (in)destructible as your finger, and you'll never lose it.
          I work with a man that has the wedding band tattoo...from his first wife that he has been divorced from for the last 6 years. He just filled in the area that had her name so now it is just a solid band and then he added an additional line on the outside "for depth".
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

MJ just called to thank me for her V-day present. I ordered her a coffee table book that has all the pictures from our trip to New York with some funny commentary. I put it together using iPhoto. She really liked the book and was happy to have it.

The funny part of the story is, and I'll have to confirm when I get home, that I think she thought it was an iPad when it arrived. At least her discussion with me led me to believe she thought it was an iPad at first only to find out it was a simple coffee table scrapbook. I imagine the book was shaped like an iPad and probably packaged in Apple wrappings. We've kicked around the idea of getting an iPad but have decided to wait until v2 comes out. Anyway, at least the book was good enough to overcome the disappointment in not having another cool toy.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Hey 3D...you would be so proud.

TK1's boyfriend took her out to dinner last night for Valentine's.

Olive Garden.

I chuckled when she told me. Said chuckling got me in trouble.

Thanks pal!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

Olive Garden.

Thanks pal!
                Yeeeeergh! Even Provo has way better options, for comparable cost, than Olive Garden.
                "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                  Yeeeeergh! Even Provo has way better options, for comparable cost, than Olive Garden.
                  But it's all you can eat bread sticks!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                    But it's all you can eat bread sticks!
                    I would categorize Olive Garden in the "it's fine if nothing else sounds good and nothing else is open," not in the special Valentine's Day dinner category. I like the breadsticks (though they seemed much less hot and much less plentiful than I remembered that last time I was at Olive Garden).

I knew a couple who referred to Olive Garden as "their restaurant." Gag.
                    "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

I would categorize Olive Garden in the "it's fine if nothing else sounds good and nothing else is open," not in the special Valentine's Day dinner category. I like the breadsticks (though they seemed much less hot and much less plentiful than I remembered that last time I was at Olive Garden).

I'll eat almost anywhere if someone else is buying. But if I am paying, it is most definitely not Olive Garden or its counterparts, breadsticks or not.
                      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Damn, now I have to figure out a new restaurant for our after the bar Valentine's Day dinner.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                          I'll eat almost anywhere if someone else is buying. But if I am paying, it is most definitely not Olive Garden or its counterparts, breadsticks or not.
                          Fair point. Not that the Funkster would have tried to take me to Olive Garden for a special occasion, but there's much to be said for courtesy and gratitude in any circumstance someone else pays—Olive Garden or no.

That said, I can think of at least two comparably-priced Italian restaurants in Provo alone, though, that I consider far superior to Olive Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

Olive Garden.

Thanks pal!
                            Ah, the folly of youth. When I was in college, I loved any food...Olive garden, chilis, sconecutter, Friar Tucks, I even was known to dine on Sounds Easy Pizza I would even go to those on campus meetings or wedding receptions for the refreshments.

At least the boyfriend has a good heart, which is the main thing right now. Hopefully, the spirit of Hospitaliano did not extent beyond the meal.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Fair point. Not that the Funkster would have tried to take me to Olive Garden for a special occasion, but there's much to be said for courtesy and gratitude in any circumstance someone else pays—Olive Garden or no.

That said, I can think of at least two comparably-priced Italian restaurants in Provo alone, though, that I consider far superior to Olive Garden.
                              Olive Garden is about as good as it gets in my neck of the woods...unless you want to pay well north of $100 for two.
                              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I ordered a dozen roses for the wife from ProFlowers and they arrived frozen yesterday. The wife knows I care and I get my money back. It was a win win day.

Comment

Working...
                                X