No announcement yet.

The CUF Valentines Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm turning into a sap, but this caused some sniffles (happy ones).

[YOUTUBE]tXAg5XdK8ac[/YOUTUBE]
    "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Today is the 40th Valentine's Day I've spent with Mrs. PAC. It occurs to me that never in those 40 years has she ever complained about the lack or quality of a gift (and that includes Christmases and birthdays). Quoth Jim Harbaugh: Who's got it better than me? Nobody.
      Your Brother?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

An oldie but goodie:

“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

That song was the turning point for The Cure. They basically turned into a bunch of saps. Disintegration was aptly named. That was the end for them, their last good album.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Is a card enough of V Day?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                Is a card enough of V Day?
                we dont even do that. we just do dinner. hooray!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  That song was the turning point for The Cure. They basically turned into a bunch of saps. Disintegration was aptly named. That was the end for them, their last good album.
                  I remember discussing this with several alternative music fans at BYU when this came out. We all asked the same question, did they sell out, what is this? Then I acquired "Wish" (the album which contains Friday I'm in Love) and we all learned that no, they didn't. It's good to remember that "Just Like Heaven" was from the album preceding Disintegration (Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me), and it's just as "sappy" or even more so than "Friday I'm in Love". Not to take away from "Disintegration", that remains a fantastic piece of work.

I can live with that song in the context of the whole Wish album, as a stand-a-lone it's over-the-top sappy. Try this for instance:

Cut

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                    I remember discussing this with several alternative music fans at BYU when this came out. We all asked the same question, did they sell out, what is this? Then I acquired "Wish" (the album which contains Friday I'm in Love) and we all learned that no, they didn't. It's good to remember that "Just Like Heaven" was from the album preceding Disintegration (Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me), and it's just as "sappy" or even more so than "Friday I'm in Love". Not to take away from "Disintegration", that remains a fantastic piece of work.

I can live with that song in the context of the whole Wish album, as a stand-a-lone it's over-the-top sappy. Try this for instance:

Cut
                    Im familiar with wish. I think part of my disenchantment with the band was all of the Lol Tolhurst stuff. They basically kicked him out of the band after disintegration was done and I always viewed him as one of the main driving forces behind what they were doing. He and Robert Smith were The Cure, at least in my mind.

Anyhow, no worries if you enjoy post-Disintegration stuff. It isnt my cup of tea but there is still plenty of good music out there for everyone.

sigpic

Comment

Im familiar with wish. I think part of my disenchantment with the band was all of the Lol Tolhurst stuff. They basically kicked him out of the band after disintegration was done and I always viewed him as one of the main driving forces behind what they were doing. He and Robert Smith were The Cure, at least in my mind.

Anyhow, no worries if you enjoy post-Disintegration stuff. It isnt my cup of tea but there is still plenty of good music out there for everyone.
                      From my understanding he didn't have any contribution to Disintegration, unless the Wikipedia page needs updating, "Because Tolhurst was still on the payroll during the recording of Disintegration, he was credited in the album's liner notes as playing "other instruments"; however, it has since been revealed that he contributed nothing to the album in either performance or song writing."

Disputes in a high profile band is a common meme, band members don't always get along in the long run--many times because of alcohol or drug related issues, similar stories with Depeche Mode, New Order, Gin Blossoms, etc. Getting the full story is always problematic.

Comment

The savage toddler that I own is really sick today. Valentine's Day will involve taking care of him.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          The savage toddler that I own is really sick today. Valentine's Day will involve taking care of him.
                          I dunno what you're talking about. I've been taking steamy showers since 4 AM.
                          "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

we dont even do that. we just do dinner. hooray!
                            That's all you do?

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                              Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                              I dunno what you're talking about. I've been taking steamy showers since 4 AM.
                              You two kids are sitting the table for a night of romance
                              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I'm drove to Vegas today, so I brought my wife flowers yesterday. She thought it was nice. Little did she know that I actually bought her two things (packs?) of flowers, the second being the nice surprise.
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X