The CUF Valentines Day Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    we dont even do that. we just do dinner. hooray!
    You are such an iconoclast.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

image.jpg
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
        I remember discussing this with several alternative music fans at BYU when this came out. We all asked the same question, did they sell out, what is this? Then I acquired "Wish" (the album which contains Friday I'm in Love) and we all learned that no, they didn't. It's good to remember that "Just Like Heaven" was from the album preceding Disintegration (Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me), and it's just as "sappy" or even more so than "Friday I'm in Love". Not to take away from "Disintegration", that remains a fantastic piece of work.

I can live with that song in the context of the whole Wish album, as a stand-a-lone it's over-the-top sappy. Try this for instance:

Cut
        I would like to point out that "Let's Go To Bed" was their first "sellout" song. I agree that what they did to Tol- talentless drunkard or no- was bullshit, but that I still like the Cure and keep listening to new things they put out.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Sometimes when you think you're buying this:

You're really buying this:
          IMG_0608.jpg
          Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
            You're really buying this:
            [ATTACH]3795[/ATTACH]
            Eh, 12"? You are probably still getting lucky. No harm, no foul.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

I bought my wife donuts for Valentine's Day. I'm a real charmer like that.

Comment

Those florists are on to a good thing. The guy who orders the flowers never sees what he's getting, and the recipient of the flowers never knows what the guy really ordered.

Comment

My 4th-grade daughter attends a STEM academy. The teacher encouraged the students to make Valentine's Day boxes with at least one of the following features: lighting, magnets, or simple machines. Her mother had helped her acquire some magnets that she was using to attach a large, round piece of plastic that she was going to decorate as a Valentine's emoji. As she was attempting to decorate the plastic on Saturday, we noticed that the magnets were not really strong enough for the task.

I took her out to the garage and asked if she'd like to make something with a simple machine instead. She started describing a machine she had recently seen on an episode of MythBusters - the trebuchet:

So our Saturday afternoon task became constructing a modified trebuchet out of the scrap plywood in the garage. We skipped out on the rope part of the machine since I didn't think the teacher would appreciate us trying to launch valentines across the room. Instead, the kids can pull down the swing arm, place their Valentine's Day card, and watch the arm swing it up and then down into the emoji-decorated box. She dubbed it the "Love Launcher". I'll try to remember to take pictures/video after she brings it back home.

It was fun to build it with her and she seems to like it.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

my poor kids.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      my poor kids.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        My 4th-grade daughter attends a STEM academy. The teacher encouraged the students to make Valentine's Day boxes with at least one of the following features: lighting, magnets, or simple machines. Her mother had helped her acquire some magnets that she was using to attach a large, round piece of plastic that she was going to decorate as a Valentine's emoji. As she was attempting to decorate the plastic on Saturday, we noticed that the magnets were not really strong enough for the task.

I took her out to the garage and asked if she'd like to make something with a simple machine instead. She started describing a machine she had recently seen on an episode of MythBusters - the trebuchet:

So our Saturday afternoon task became constructing a modified trebuchet out of the scrap plywood in the garage. We skipped out on the rope part of the machine since I didn't think the teacher would appreciate us trying to launch valentines across the room. Instead, the kids can pull down the swing arm, place their Valentine's Day card, and watch the arm swing it up and then down into the emoji-decorated box. She dubbed it the "Love Launcher". I'll try to remember to take pictures/video after she brings it back home.

It was fun to build it with her and she seems to like it.

I'm attempting to attach some video/photographic evidence.

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        my poor kids.
                        Don't worry - I've got more scrap plywood - your kids are welcome to get it for free. Lack of finances should not deter kids' imaginations.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a850fa5...214_213445.mp4

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Lack of finances should not deter kids' imaginations.
                          Nailed it!
                          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Went all out this year, and took the little missus to Claim Jumper....got there at 4 pm for the early bird special. Got a slab of Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, and extra gravy. Took the backroad home to skip the traffic, and sealed the dill in 90 minutes.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              Went all out this year, and took the little missus to Claim Jumper....got there at 4 pm for the early bird special. Got a slab of Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, and extra gravy. Took the backroad home to skip the traffic, and sealed the dill in 90 minutes.

Wow, that left you enough time to still watch Matlock and be in bed by 7, Congrats.
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                                Wow, that left you enough time to still watch Matlock and be in bed by 7, Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X