Yo Quiero the best of Greg Wrubell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Quiero the best of Greg Wrubell

Since most of Greg's bigger Jimmergasms (still hilarious, FIG) happen in football I will put this in the Stadium instead of the Arena.

From the AFA basketball game on 2-9-11
    Jimmer wants some, takes some, gets some... for 3
    ...even Michelle Peralta would be impressed with this one

He's had some explosive jimmergasms for basketball as well.

Comment

IMO, Greg is more into basketball than he is into football. If you ever get the chance to sit behind him at a basketball game, you will know I mean.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        IMO, Greg is more into basketball than he is into football. If you ever get the chance to sit behind him at a basketball game, you will know I mean.
        I think being down on the front row gives him more of a fan experience. He's talking to ref's. Relaying information to coaches. Trying to fix score or game clock issues. He believes he's an integral part of the game. I love Greg. I think it's fine for your radio guy to be a homer and a big fan.

Comment

I'm a big fan.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            I think being down on the front row gives him more of a fan experience. He's talking to ref's. Relaying information to coaches. Trying to fix score or game clock issues. He believes he's an integral part of the game. I love Greg. I think it's fine for your radio guy to be a homer and a big fan.
            NO!!!

Comment

He has a cooler job than I do. I envy him.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                I'm a big fan.
                How conceited.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I think it's fine for your radio guy to be a homer and a big fan.
                  Agreed. On radio the broadcaster has to paint the picture for you and his excitement is much more important than it is on TV.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                    Agreed. On radio the broadcaster has to paint the picture for you and his excitement is much more important than it is on TV.
                    This is why I have no problems with Greg... I like the dude. If he's calling the game for the team I back...I want him to be a homer, and to be excited like any normal fan would.

You can't get excited when you have an objectionable, analytical person behind the mic.
                    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

Basketball is a more fan friendly sport. The action never stops and there are fewer moving pieces so it is easier for the casual fan to follow what is going on. There is more scoring and the players only wear underwear.
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        Basketball is a more fan friendly sport. The action never stops

Unless its the NBA, then the action is always stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Borg View Post
                          This is why I have no problems with Greg... I like the dude. If he's calling the game for the team I back...I want him to be a homer, and to be excited like any normal fan would.

You can't get excited when you have an objectionable, analytical person behind the mic.
                          I like the fact that Greg has the ability to get excited about a great play even if it is a play that the other team is making.

Of course - once the play is over and he has re-grouped it is fairly common for him to come back down to earth and explain to us why it was horrible for BYU to allow that play to have happened and how it could cause BYU to lose the game. But in the moment that it is occuring, his excitment matches the fact that a big play is happening.

Comment

I have no problem with Wrubell being a homer because he is BYU's Radio guy. He is supposed to be a homer. Now if it was a national game with 2 guys that have nothing invested in either team, you would hope that they would be impartial although it is always hard to do. Just ask Dick Vitale about being impartial towards Duke, he just can't.

Comment

I'm a huge Wrubell fan. I love hearing his call.
                              Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Working...
                              X