Anyone into tennis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into tennis?

There is a big exhibition in Eugene in about a month with Serena, Sharapova, Federer and Nadal. They are going to play singles matches and a mix-doubles. I got tickets this morning and was pretty pumped about seeing them all, though I am not really a big tennis fan.

Then today I saw that Nadal is out at least 10 days with a leg injury of some kind. Should I just plan on him not playing? There isn't another big tennis tournament until late June right?

Has anyone been to a pro tennis match before? What is the crowd like? What is etiquette? No cheering during serve, etc?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I am. I love Grand Slam tourneys. Don't talk during service and then go with the flow. One other thing, don't stand up.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      There is a big exhibition in Eugene in about a month with Serena, Sharapova, Federer and Nadal. They are going to play singles matches and a mix-doubles. I got tickets this morning and was pretty pumped about seeing them all, though I am not really a big tennis fan.

Then today I saw that Nadal is out at least 10 days with a leg injury of some kind. Should I just plan on him not playing? There isn't another big tennis tournament until late June right?

Has anyone been to a pro tennis match before? What is the crowd like? What is etiquette? No cheering during serve, etc?
      I'd love to go to a tour event where the best are entered. Should be a good time. Etiquette will be easy enough if you follow the crowd. They'll let you know when it is acceptable to cheer and you'll figure it out quickly. It also varies from venue and tournament. For example, the crowd at the US Open is far different than something like Wimbledon. I'd definitely go if I were you.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Williams vs Williams and Federer vs Nadal, someone set the clock back ten years at the Australian Open.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          Williams vs Williams and Federer vs Nadal, someone set the clock back ten years at the Australian Open.
          Nadal vs. Federer reminds me of when Agassi and Sampras played in the US Open championship near the end of their careers in 2002.

My wife is trying to convince me to take her to the US Open this year, hoping for see Federer and Nadal in person thinking they may both retire soon.

Comment

The Federer-Del Potro match right now in the US Open quarters is strong. The rallies are great and it's so impressive that Roger still has the ability to play so well at such an advanced (tennis) age. ANd/or it shows a lack of depth in the sport. But he's still great to watch.
            I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
              The Federer-Del Potro match right now in the US Open quarters is strong. The rallies are great and it's so impressive that Roger still has the ability to play so well at such an advanced (tennis) age. ANd/or it shows a lack of depth in the sport. But he's still great to watch.
              Very cool to have an all American women's semi final this year, especially since Serena isn't one of them.

Comment

Working...
              X