Duct cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duct cleaning

I saw our neighbor just had a Duct cleaning company come over and clean all of the ducts in their house. Is it worth it? I have a feeling that it has not been done on our house in 30 years. Will the air be cleaning...furnace and AC be more efficient? Cost? Thoughts?

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
    I saw our neighbor just had a Duct cleaning company come over and clean all of the ducts in their house. Is it worth it? I have a feeling that it has not been done on our house in 30 years. Will the air be cleaning...furnace and AC be more efficient? Cost? Thoughts?
    30 years?!?

I would definitely have it done. Especially if you or your family have asthma or allergies, it can make a big difference in the quality of your air.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Dude your house has a ton of problems. Now maybe you can understand why I dont want to move in.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        30 years?!?

I would definitely have it done. Especially if you or your family have asthma or allergies, it can make a big difference in the quality of your air.
        I actually have no idea how long its been as we have only lived in the house for a few years. Allergies can be an issue for us, so maybe its worth a shot.

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Dude your house has a ton of problems. Now maybe you can understand why I dont want to move in.

YOUR HOUSE HAS A TON OF PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!

Comment

I always thought a duct-cleaning business would be a great one to start. You take a ladder into someone's house, stick a shop-vac up into the ductwork, and bang it around for an hour or so. Then you say their ducts are now clean, and charge them $500. How are they going to know? Does anyone actually go in with a white glove to see how clean their ducts are?

Comment

Don't do it. I don't want to go into details, but just trust me on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              I always thought a duct-cleaning business would be a great one to start. You take a ladder into someone's house, stick a shop-vac up into the ductwork, and bang it around for an hour or so. Then you say their ducts are now clean, and charge them $500. How are they going to know? Does anyone actually go in with a white glove to see how clean their ducts are?
              This sounds like proctology without the medical degree.

sigpic

Comment

We are having our ducts cleaned this Friday. We got one of those val-pak coupons for some service that charges $7.99 per duct. Not sure how many ducts I have. I expect it to be about $100 or so when its all said and done.

I'm also having my water softener installed today. I'm thinking about having my garage door replaced next week.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  We are having our ducts cleaned this Friday. We got one of those val-pak coupons for some service that charges $7.99 per duct. Not sure how many ducts I have. I expect it to be about $100 or so when its all said and done.

How was the duct cleaning. I decided against it, but I am curious as to whether or not you felt it was worth it.

Comment

How was the duct cleaning. I decided against it, but I am curious as to whether or not you felt it was worth it.
                    Good call. I would wait until around the 50 year mark to clean out all that dust.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Good call. I would wait until around the 50 year mark to clean out all that dust.

Hmmm, I was hoping 60 year mark. That would be about right. But, I don't want have to do it in another 60 years, so if it can last a little longer, I would be pleased.

Comment

It was .... more expensive than I thought. We still did it, but those ducts add up at $8 a piece. So far, I'm not sure I notice much difference, but I'm not the one with asthma. The guy did show us all sorts of crap that was in there. There's a lot of crap that gets into ducts, even in a fairly new house. Just think of all the garbage that's in your 50 year old place!

I will probably do it again in 4 or 5 years.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I can only think of one explanation for why this thread keeps popping up to the top of The Fuse Box... some people are mistaking 'duct cleaning' to be a euphemism for 'changing one's own oil.'

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                            I can only think of one explanation for why this thread keeps popping up to the top of The Fuse Box... some people are mistaking 'duct cleaning' to be a euphemism for 'changing one's own oil.'
                            A euphemism for a euphemism? Or are you actually talking about changing one's oil?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by johnyharman
                              The term "air duct cleaning" generally refers to the work performed by companies that clean HVAC systems, Which is a misnomer because it implies that only duct work is cleaned. Now-a-days, Many companies provides duct cleaning services at affordable prices. Please produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.
                              lol. The only "people" reading UteStar's posts these days are bots.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X