Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Ride Reports

Best wishes. That is horrible.

Nothing good ever comes from following cement. Sorry, PAC. Hope you recover quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I'm sorry to hear about the crash, but I'm happy that you are alive. A colleague of mine had a similar bike accident but didn't live.

Best wishes for successful surgery(ies) and for a speedy recovery, PAC.

Sorry to read about the accident, PAC. I hope the surgery goes well.
    Not that, sickos.

PAC! So sorry. Thoughts and prayers, brother. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    ... it doesn't look like l'll be on the bike for awhile
    Good hell maybe the accident did give you brain damage or else just further proof that cyclists are crazy -- getting back on the bike should be the last thing on your mind. Glad you survived and good luck with your surgeries and recovery. So sorry this happened to you!

PAC I hate that you went down and got hurt. I hope you have a speedy and successful recovery. Hang in there and get better.

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Dude, I hope all the surgery goes well.

Sorry PAC. Sounds like a blitzed olecranon (the pointy thing at the elbow's end). Hope your surgery and recovery are smooth and uneventful.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Good hell maybe the accident did give you brain damage or else just further proof that cyclists are crazy -- getting back on the bike should be the last thing on your mind. Glad you survived and good luck with your surgeries and recovery. So sorry this happened to you!
    Add equestrians, cowboys(sorry Cowboy), and other horse riders.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Need to be careful out there. Attorney's are fair game while on a bicycle, as attested to by the death of my former attorney, (and friend) Milt Olin.

http://www.webpronews.com/former-nap...e-car-2013-12/

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Damn, PAC. Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

So sorry to hear of your accident. God bless, PAC. We're all pulling for you.

You report the news so matter of factly. I'm sure it is scary, if not for you, at least for your wife. I hope everything goes well.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Oh, man. That sounds terrible PAC. Sorry to hear about it. Best wishes with surgery. Will be thinking about you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that sounds horrific. Best wishes, PAC. I hope the surgery goes well. I'll make and eat some chocolate chip cookies today in your honor.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Good luck to you PAC. I'm glad you are already thinking about getting back In The saddle. That attitude will speed your recovery. Best wishes and good luck. Dont worry, I'm sure you'll be just as gorgeous as ever.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Best of luck with the recovery. I'm glad there were no brain injuries.

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quick recovery PAC
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Holy crap! Thread winner.

Get well, buddy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Get well soon.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

I'm about to be wheeled into surgery... During our ride yesterday, I was drafting a cement truck for 2 miles down a long descent. Best guess is I hit a small rock which flipped my front wheel and I did an endo, landing on my face and left elbow (not the one I broke in '04). Ulna and the end thingy on the elbow are totally shattered. Multiple facial fractures and a broken palate but they'll work on that next week. An orbit is fractured but no eye damage. No spine damage. I was in front of Mrs.PAC and two friends who said it was the worst crash they'd seen. Blood everywhere. She told the docs "He doesn't do anything half assed ." Well, sort of.

I'll report tomorrow but it doesn't look like l'll be on the bike for awhile
    Yowza! Good luck in surgery and hopefully you have a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    We're all pulling for you.
    Better us, than the cement truck...
    Last edited by Moliere; 08-28-2016 at 07:02 PM.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Holy cow... I have never had anything close to this happen to me riding my bike. Of course, my bike is stationary and I don't follow concrete trucks.

PAC, may you have a speedy and full recovery.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I'm about to be wheeled into surgery... During our ride yesterday, I was drafting a cement truck for 2 miles down a long descent. Best guess is I hit a small rock which flipped my front wheel and I did an endo, landing on my face and left elbow (not the one I broke in '04). Ulna and the end thingy on the elbow are totally shattered. Multiple facial fractures and a broken palate but they'll work on that next week. An orbit is fractured but no eye damage. No spine damage. I was in front of Mrs.PAC and two friends who said it was the worst crash they'd seen. Blood everywhere. She told the docs "He doesn't do anything half assed ." Well, sort of.

I'm so sorry about this. I hope all goes well with the surgery and recovery.
    When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Ouch, ouch ouch! Sorry to hear that, PAC. I hope you have a speedy recovery without lasting effects.

Yikes, that's terrible. Best of luck on a quick recovery.

I often think that I should start cycling, but it seems that any time I get close to taking the plunge, something like this happens to someone I know.

My best recovery wishes to you

Be careful out there.

Good luck in your recovery, sorry to hear it.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

PAC, sorry you broke your face. ouch! get well soon!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Still no word for PAC on how the surgery went, eh? I really hope things went well.

Get well soon, PAC!