X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    I did it!
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/102897313
    This was a little anticlimactic after last week's ride, but this ride has been a goal of mine for over a year now. Miles 25-27 were the most brutal two miles I've ever done.
    That's really impressive, although a bit disappointing, as it means you'll be joining bluegoose, BigPiney and possibly others in the breakaway next week, abandoning us in the autobus as we bring up the rear. At least I've got the Lanterne Rouge to look forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      I did it!
      http://connect.garmin.com/activity/102897313
      This was a little anticlimactic after last week's ride, but this ride has been a goal of mine for over a year now. Miles 25-27 were the most brutal two miles I've ever done.

Congrats, ER. That is a big ride and a monster climb. Was the descent fairly safe or did it get a little dicey with some tight corners?

Comment

• Yeah, you're doing great, ER! And your max speed looks a little more believable this time.

PAC, I think you'll have no problem avoiding the lanterne rouge. I'll likely take that one. All I managed today was to ride up to Aspen Grove. But MapMyRide gives it over 2200 ft elevation gain, so the 1000 ft climbs on the CUF ride should be doable. Looking forward to it!

Comment

• I see some Garmin users...are there any other Endomondo users on here?

Comment

• PAC - Despite my newfound confidence, Ill be no part of a breakaway, that's for sure.
            BG - yeah, it was a little dicey coming down. Not much of shoulder, but fortunately, the speed limit stays around 35-45 (although ho many people keep that is a different story), so I didn't feel too bad about riding in the middle of the lane. Still, I never thought I'd say this, but my brain got a little tired of holding that speed for 30 minutes. A weird adrenaline burnout.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• I participated in a cancer fundraiser this past weekend and had a great time at an inspiring event. The 1500 riders ranged from full carbon with Zipps to leisurely cruising hybrids to a few of the unimaginable.

Here are a couple of the latter...

Two guys on these unicycles must have put in at least 75 miles each because they were on the course for hours.

And this guy also put in some serious miles. He can be seen riding his penny-farthing around the 704 throughout the year. I heard that several years ago he also rode it to Charleston, SC, which is over 200 miles.

I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

• It's a little past the weekend, but this was my final prep ride for Tahoe.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/44410564

Bring on Donner's Pass!!
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  It's a little past the weekend, but this was my final prep ride for Tahoe.

Bring on Donner's Pass!!
                  Sheesh, an 8-mile Cat 1 climb? Both you and ER are definitely ready, and will likely eat me alive going up over Donner, a befitting fate I suppose. See you Friday evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    It's a little past the weekend, but this was my final prep ride for Tahoe.

Bring on Donner's Pass!!
                    Yep, you are going to be just fine in Tahoe this weekend. I'm sure it feels good to see such improvement this season.

I had a solid ride on Saturday with a small group. We did 47 miles with about 2,200 feet of climbing. Nothing too serious, with our biggest climb being 2 miles long and 750 feet up. In fact, this is one of the bigger climbs that Ive done this summer. My schedule hasn't allowed me to head up into the hills for any of our big climbing routes. I've ridden pretty hard for the last couple of months, just no sustained climbs. We'll just have to see how the legs hold up on the grinders in Tahoe.

I had a major zen moment on the bike the other day. Tuesday morning we did our normal 18 mile loop before work. Coming home, there is a section full of rollers. On one of the last rollers before hitting the city limits, all 3 of us stood to hit the hill hard. We all happened to be in the same gear, pedaling at the exact same cadence. For about 5 seconds, we were all synced through the ancient Shimano pathways. Time seemed to stand still, the moons were aligned, our pedal stroked were synced and all was right in the world. Even if only for those brief few seconds.

Comment

• I'm new here, and it is past the weekend, but here is my ride from Saturday.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/102992568
                      Last edited by dhendriksen; 08-03-2011, 02:21 PM. Reason: Changed the link

Comment

• Originally posted by dhendriksen View Post
                        I'm new here, and it is past the weekend, but here is my ride from Saturday.

Coming down the Mirror Lake highway must have been a blast. Getting to the top of it not so much so. It's interesting that you have distance in miles but elevation in meters. Seems a bit schizophrenic. That is a crazy long ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhendriksen View Post
                          I'm new here, and it is past the weekend, but here is my ride from Saturday.

Wow, that's quite a ride. Part of an event?

Do you have a special wattage meter on your bike? 200 W average over 176 miles is pretty dang impressive.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/rZy21P1N7ok

This ride is from 2 weeks ago, but I want to see if you guys can access rides that I post even if I have them blocked on Endomondo itself. I tried and wasn't able to embed the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                              Coming down the Mirror Lake highway must have been a blast. Getting to the top of it not so much so. It's interesting that you have distance in miles but elevation in meters. Seems a bit schizophrenic. That is a crazy long ride.
                              That's the first time it has showed elevation in meters...that's strange. It was 9,810 feet of climbing.

Originally posted by ERCougar
                              Wow, that's quite a ride. Part of an event?

Do you have a special wattage meter on your bike? 200 W average over 176 miles is pretty dang impressive.
                              Yes...this was the Tour de Park City. A ride I did as a trainer for LOTOJA. I ride with a PowerTap that tracks my power for me. Thanks for the compliment. My power was actually down a little bit from STP, but I was happy with my performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel
                                fyi, that link shows what I assume is your real name. In case you didn't want to broadcast it.
                                Thanks for the heads up...fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X