No announcement yet.

Weekend Ride Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took on this trail yesterday. http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/fifthwater.htm

Took me four hours. Had to walk and push a lot of it. Almost died. But pretty awesome overall.

One thing I need to figure out is why I keep hitting rock with my bike pedal.

I think that's Provo Peak in the background. This is about a mile or so before you get to the high point overlooking Strawberry Reservoir.

fifthwaterridge.jpg

Comment

• Two of my brothers and I checked out some of the trails at Powder Mountain this morning. At 7:30, it was 55 degrees at 8200’, with the sun shining.

Nice single track trails, with a mile or so of resort dirt road. It was very scenic, with nice and varying views. At the start, we had a view of the east side of Ben Lomond and Willard Peak (as well as a giant metal paper airplane sculpture). The trail turned south and we could see Pineview and Snowbasin. Then towards the end, we could see into Cache Valley (and got our own private fly-over by fighter jets) Our elevation profile looks like a roller coaster ride, which seemed more exhausting than a traditional up-then-down trail. No nearly dying, although one brother went ass-over-handlebars into some bushes with no serious damage.

7/10. Snowbasin is more fun and easier to access, but we knew SB would be crowded today so we took drove the extra distance and tried something new.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1680959738

Confused looks wondering why this sculpture is in this out-of-the-way place.
      03B58FE6-CD77-473E-91D4-CC7ED27BBFA4.jpg
      Last edited by chrisrenrut; 07-04-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• It's not my ride to report, but while I was spinning on the trainer this morning, Mrs. PAC headed out with friends to celebrate her 65th birthday. She cranked out >65 miles with around 3,500 feet of climbing, setting multiple PRs in the process. I am her portrait of Dorian Grey.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          It's not my ride to report, but while I was spinning on the trainer this morning, Mrs. PAC headed out with friends to celebrate her 65th birthday. She cranked out >65 miles with around 3,500 feet of climbing, setting multiple PRs in the process. I am her portrait of Dorian Grey.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

It's not my ride to report, but while I was spinning on the trainer this morning, Mrs. PAC headed out with friends to celebrate her 65th birthday. She cranked out >65 miles with around 3,500 feet of climbing, setting multiple PRs in the process. I am her portrait of Dorian Grey.
            That's pretty fantastic. Good for Mrs. PAC. And a very happy birthday to her!!!

Comment

Nice please tell her congrats on doing so well. I bet as she looks around at other woman her own age she feels like she is doing pretty good.

Comment

• Guys, be sure to visit this site https://sizzlinghotslot.online/ and you will definitely win a super prize. Now I play only on this site, and recently won the jackpot, I think you should play too.

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
                  Guys, be sure to visit this site https://sizzlinghotslot.online/ and you will definitely win a super prize. Now I play only on this site, and recently won the jackpot, I think you should play too.
                  Thanks for the tip, Bill.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Did a little road trip with some buddies for some downhill mountain biking this weekend. Mount Hough in Quincy, CA. Little brother to nearby Downieville, which is considered by most in Northern California to be the mecca of downhilling. It was quite a haul to get there, as it was almost a 3 hour drive each direction.

The drive to the top was almost ten miles on a dirt road. Pretty slow going. We had 8 guys, and were able to fit all of our bike on my buddy's Sprinter van to get the top. We left our second truck, along with a motorcycle at the bottom to get to the top faster to speed up the shuttle for the second run down the mountain.

The trail has been around for a number of years, but has gained quite a bit of popularity in the last 2 years since a local shuttle service popped up. However, this last weekend, there was a pro mtb event at Northstar, drawing many of the local riders away, so we basically had the mountain to ourselves.

It was an 11 mile descent from top to bottom. There were a few short sections of flats and climbing. The top 8 miles were mainly flow trail through the big trees, with lots of table top jumps and tightly banked berms. Things opened up a bit for the last 2-3 miles in the lower elevations. A bit more dry, dusty and rocky down in oak tree country.

It was an incredible ride. So much variety and the dirt was in a great shape. A little loose in places, but it would be unbeatable if we could catch it sometime just after a rain. A few guys laid their bikes down, but nothing more severe than some mild scrapes. The trail finishes next to a swimming hole in the creek that was heavenly to jump in after our second run.

Not our video, but a good preview of the trail:

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                      Did a little road trip with some buddies for some downhill mountain biking this weekend. Mount Hough in Quincy, CA. Little brother to nearby Downieville, which is considered by most in Northern California to be the mecca of downhilling. It was quite a haul to get there, as it was almost a 3 hour drive each direction.

The drive to the top was almost ten miles on a dirt road. Pretty slow going. We had 8 guys, and were able to fit all of our bike on my buddy's Sprinter van to get the top. We left our second truck, along with a motorcycle at the bottom to get to the top faster to speed up the shuttle for the second run down the mountain.

The trail has been around for a number of years, but has gained quite a bit of popularity in the last 2 years since a local shuttle service popped up. However, this last weekend, there was a pro mtb event at Northstar, drawing many of the local riders away, so we basically had the mountain to ourselves.

It was an 11 mile descent from top to bottom. There were a few short sections of flats and climbing. The top 8 miles were mainly flow trail through the big trees, with lots of table top jumps and tightly banked berms. Things opened up a bit for the last 2-3 miles in the lower elevations. A bit more dry, dusty and rocky down in oak tree country.

It was an incredible ride. So much variety and the dirt was in a great shape. A little loose in places, but it would be unbeatable if we could catch it sometime just after a rain. A few guys laid their bikes down, but nothing more severe than some mild scrapes. The trail finishes next to a swimming hole in the creek that was heavenly to jump in after our second run.
                      Looks like a fun trail. Looks a lot like Oregon's trails. What kind of travel do you have on your bike?
                      When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• Originally posted by BrutusBuckeye View Post
                        Looks like a fun trail. Looks a lot like Oregon's trails. What kind of travel do you have on your bike?
                        I have some Rockshox with 160mm of travel and have used every last mm on many occasions.

I'd love to make a road trip to Oakridge Oregon sometime for some trail riding. Supposed to be a pretty amazing network of downhill trails up there.

Comment

• I'd highly recommend going to Oakridge. It's got some fun trails. My brother and I just did a 50-miler there earlier this month. There is an event there every year right about now called Mountain Bike Oregon. They provide shuttles all weekend to the various trails in the area. You should check it out.
                          When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• Three things learned related to a mountain bike ride this weekend:
                            1- I rode Coyote loop near Heber City for the first time Sunday morning. It’s a great trail with lots of challenge, variety, and scenery.
                            2- Another rider apparently died on Coyote loop today. Very sad, thoughts and prayers for his family.
                            3- Heber City has a place called Farting Buddha Farms (doesn’t show up in the picture very well, but the map that showed up on the KSL article had it labeled).

E231E101-B19B-4935-AFF0-F5798939CB32.jpg
                            Last edited by chrisrenrut; 09-02-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• This is likely more of an indictment of the watts output of my motor, but on my ride up to South Fork today, I was passed by a fat girl. I'm not kidding she was big, and she was moving fast. By the time I crested the last hill before the final climb, she passed me on her way down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                This is likely more of an indictment of the watts output of my motor, but on my ride up to South Fork today, I was passed by a fat girl. I'm not kidding she was big, and she was moving fast. By the time I crested the last hill before the final climb, she passed me on her way down.
                                E bike

Comment

Working...
                                X