No announcement yet.

Weekend Ride Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck to you PAC. I'm glad you are already thinking about getting back In The saddle. That attitude will speed your recovery. Best wishes and good luck. Dont worry, I'm sure you'll be just as gorgeous as ever.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Best of luck with the recovery. I'm glad there were no brain injuries.

Comment

• Quick recovery PAC
        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Holy crap! Thread winner.

Get well, buddy.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Get well soon.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              I'm about to be wheeled into surgery... During our ride yesterday, I was drafting a cement truck for 2 miles down a long descent. Best guess is I hit a small rock which flipped my front wheel and I did an endo, landing on my face and left elbow (not the one I broke in '04). Ulna and the end thingy on the elbow are totally shattered. Multiple facial fractures and a broken palate but they'll work on that next week. An orbit is fractured but no eye damage. No spine damage. I was in front of Mrs.PAC and two friends who said it was the worst crash they'd seen. Blood everywhere. She told the docs "He doesn't do anything half assed ." Well, sort of.

I'll report tomorrow but it doesn't look like l'll be on the bike for awhile
              Yowza! Good luck in surgery and hopefully you have a full recovery.

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              We're all pulling for you.
              Better us, than the cement truck...
              Last edited by Moliere; 08-28-2016, 07:02 PM.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Holy cow... I have never had anything close to this happen to me riding my bike. Of course, my bike is stationary and I don't follow concrete trucks.

PAC, may you have a speedy and full recovery.
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm about to be wheeled into surgery... During our ride yesterday, I was drafting a cement truck for 2 miles down a long descent. Best guess is I hit a small rock which flipped my front wheel and I did an endo, landing on my face and left elbow (not the one I broke in '04). Ulna and the end thingy on the elbow are totally shattered. Multiple facial fractures and a broken palate but they'll work on that next week. An orbit is fractured but no eye damage. No spine damage. I was in front of Mrs.PAC and two friends who said it was the worst crash they'd seen. Blood everywhere. She told the docs "He doesn't do anything half assed ." Well, sort of.

I'm so sorry about this. I hope all goes well with the surgery and recovery.
                  When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• Ouch, ouch ouch! Sorry to hear that, PAC. I hope you have a speedy recovery without lasting effects.

Comment

• Yikes, that's terrible. Best of luck on a quick recovery.

I often think that I should start cycling, but it seems that any time I get close to taking the plunge, something like this happens to someone I know.

Comment

• My best recovery wishes to you

Comment

Be careful out there.

Good luck in your recovery, sorry to hear it.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• PAC, sorry you broke your face. ouch! get well soon!
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Still no word for PAC on how the surgery went, eh? I really hope things went well.

Comment

• Get well soon, PAC!

Comment

Working...
                                X