The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
    While not on Netflix, amazon prime streams the old movie "Explorers" with ethan hawke and rover phoenix. I watched it with my kids last night and it reminded me that a lot of the best movies starring kids were made in the 80s. Space camp. Goonies. Explorers. Ferris Bueller. 16 candles. To name a few.
    I've always thought that Stand By Me was the best 80s movie starring kids. It's also rated R, I assume it was because of the F word.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      I've always thought that Stand By Me was the best 80s movie starring kids. It's also rated R, I assume it was because of the F word.
      I agree. Stand By Me is an terrific film.

Comment

• Cruel Intentions. Gosh, I just love Netflix.
        what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

• Originally posted by HauteCoug View Post
          Cruel Intentions. Gosh, I just love Netflix.
          Always been a favorite guilty pleasure of mine (saw it in the theater in HS). But I watched it not long ago and my is it bad.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Always been a favorite guilty pleasure of mine (saw it in the theater in HS). But I watched it not long ago and my is it bad.
            It's terrible. But it also has one of the best closing scenes set to a piece of music in film.
            what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
              My teachers quorum advisor showed this to us for an activity. Of course, word got back to some parents, who then complained about him showing an R rated movie for a church activity and he was released within a week or two. I remember feeling bad about him being 'fired', but now I wonder just how much thinking went into that plan.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                My teachers quorum advisor showed this to us for an activity. Of course, word got back to some parents, who then complained about him showing an R rated movie for a church activity and he was released within a week or two. I remember feeling bad about him being 'fired', but now I wonder just how much thinking went into that plan.
                I wish my yw leaders were as cool. I remember riding in the car with one and she let us choose the radio station. The Police's Roxanne came on. She said, I don't think you understand what they're singing about. Do you know what he means when he says 'turn on the red light?'" Well, I felt like my intelligence was being insulted. Yeah, I know. He's singing about a prostitute. Do you think I'm stupid? Then came a long lecture on choosing appropriate music.
                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

• Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                  I wish my yw leaders were as cool. I remember riding in the car with one and she let us choose the radio station. The Police's Roxanne came on. She said, I don't think you understand what they're singing about. Do you know what he means when he says 'turn on the red light?'" Well, I felt like my intelligence was being insulted. Yeah, I know. He's singing about a prostitute. Do you think I'm stupid? Then came a long lecture on choosing appropriate music.
                  I still remember the guy at youth conference telling us Guns 'n Roses would ruin our temple experiences for years to come... I managed to solve that problem...
                  Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                  - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                  - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

• I wish people would post all of their "last movie I saw" finds that were on Netflix over here. I'm always looking for good stuff to see on Netflix.

Last night, I finally got around to watching the first episode of Sherlock. Fantastic. I went through a big SH phase when I was 12 and this show got my 11 yo interested in the books.
                    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                      Ha...it wasn't until college that I realized what that song was about. Really, it wasn't until much later that I learned what a lot of songs were about that I used to sing as a kid. I try to keep that in mind when I hear my kids.
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I wish people would post all of their "last movie I saw" finds that were on Netflix over here. I'm always looking for good stuff to see on Netflix.

Last night, I finally got around to watching the first episode of Sherlock. Fantastic. I went through a big SH phase when I was 12 and this show got my 11 yo interested in the books.
                        Two quirky movies/documentaries I last watched were Lbs. and Bag It!. Both on netflix. Lbs. was meh, Bag It! was fun and informative.
                        Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                        - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.

Comment

I somehow survived a firing back when I was a YM pres. I felt it my duty to ensure that no YM graduated HS without having viewed the classic The Karate Kid. The priests were at my house watching the movie and I was in the kitchen preparing snacks for them. I was also supposed to be supervising my toddler aged daughter but she had escaped my sight and snuck into my bedroom. There, she somehow managed to find a box of Trojans in a bathroom drawer. She brought the box into the living room and passed out condoms to each YM in the room. They still remind me of that when they come back to the ward to visit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                            I somehow survived a firing back when I was a YM pres. I felt it my duty to ensure that no YM graduated HS without having viewed the classic The Karate Kid. The priests were at my house watching the movie and I was in the kitchen preparing snacks for them. I was also supposed to be supervising my toddler aged daughter but she had escaped my sight and snuck into my bedroom. There, she somehow managed to find a box of Trojans in a bathroom drawer. She brought the box into the living room and passed out condoms to each YM in the room. They still remind me of that when they come back to the ward to visit.
                            My Teacher's Quorum advisor used to threaten us with peanut butter enemas, chunky if we were being particularly bad. It was awesome, he was the best advisor we had.
                            - Howard Aiken

Comment

• Trollhunter on Amazon Prime. Typical found footage movie, but it was good Norwegian fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Trollhunter on Amazon Prime. Typical found footage movie, but it was good Norwegian fun.
                                It is on Netflix streaming as well. Or was when I watched it.
                                - Howard Aiken

Comment

Working...
                                X