X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    Patton Oswalt: Talking for Clapping.

I enjoyed it.
    his wife just died, and he wrote a really nice tribute in time.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I watched the Admiral about the most famous Dutch Admiral, who lived during the 17th century and led the Dutch during many of the Anglo-Dutch wars of that time. His name was Michiel de Ruyter and is a legend among the Dutch. The film is most in Dutch and combines some aspects of his career together but it is interesting. It is part of history with which I am not well-versed but apparently, while England and Spain were duking it out, the Nethelands of the United Counties of the Netherlands beat up Portugal, taking over her worldwide properties, becoming wealthy and a worldwide power. Naturally, the UK didn't take lightly to that so naturally wars ensued. There are at least three and four if you count the ones in the 18th-19th Century. Worth a watch if you are on Netflix.

http://www.netflixnewreleases.net/al...eases/admiral/
      Last edited by Topper; 05-17-2016, 04:07 PM.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Recently binged watched the first season of Happy Valley on Netflix. Highly, highly recommend it. It is a British crime drama from the BBC. If I had to describe it, I would say it is like the UK version of Justified, although it is darker and not nearly as funny as Justified. Pretty violent, if that turns you off. The acting was pretty terrific, especially from the lead character who is a middle-aged female police detective.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
          Recently binged watched the first season of Happy Valley on Netflix. Highly, highly recommend it. It is a British crime drama from the BBC. If I had to describe it, I would say it is like the UK version of Justified, although it is darker and not nearly as funny as Justified. Pretty violent, if that turns you off. The acting was pretty terrific, especially from the lead character who is a middle-aged female police detective.
          The second season is also very good. They are apparently bringing it back for a third season next year and I look forward to that, as well.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Does anybody know when Luther will be released, the most recent season?
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Best thing I've watched in a long time was Valley Uprising. It's about the evolution of the climbing scene in Yosemite from the 50s through present day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                Best thing I've watched in a long time was Valley Uprising. It's about the evolution of the climbing scene in Yosemite from the 50s through present day.
                That show made my stomach turn, watching that free climbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  Best thing I've watched in a long time was Valley Uprising. It's about the evolution of the climbing scene in Yosemite from the 50s through present day.
                  Thanks, I will check that out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                    Thanks, I will check that out.

be prepared to wish you were young again.

Comment

• I wonder how much of the Disney catalog will be included?

From September onwards, Netflix will become the exclusive US pay TV home of the latest films from Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar.
                      https://media.netflix.com/en/company...-on-netflix-us

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                        I wonder how much of the Disney catalog will be included?

https://media.netflix.com/en/company...-on-netflix-us
                        You didn't mention the best part of that article. New Christopher Guest movie.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Watching the new David Spade Adam Sandler movie, The Do-Over, on Netflix. Pretty funny so far with a cameo by the dude from American Ride that is uh... not BYUtv approved but pretty hilarious. I remember somebody cited him as among the most annoying Mormons... I'm not so sure dude is lds.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            Watching the new David Spade Adam Sandler movie, The Do-Over, on Netflix. Pretty funny so far with a cameo by the dude from American Ride that is uh... not BYUtv approved but pretty hilarious. I remember somebody cited him as among the most annoying Mormons... I'm not so sure dude is lds.
                            Well not sure how Mormon he is but he's definitely a compulsive liar and fraud. Really can't believe BYU still lets his show air.

http://saltlakemagazine.com/blog/201...-in-the-story/

Comment

• I'm late to this, but the IT Crowd is terrific. For the few who haven't watched it, you should watch from the beginning which is still kind of funny, but the show really hits its stride in the second season. In particular the episodes where they go to a musical and Moss is on Countdown (British game show) are hilarious.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                I'm late to this, but the IT Crowd is terrific. For the few who haven't watched it, you should watch from the beginning which is still kind of funny, but the show really hits its stride in the second season. In particular the episodes where they go to a musical and Moss is on Countdown (British game show) are hilarious.
                                Given your statements about Wet Hot American Summer, I don't trust your taste on any comedy and will not watch based on your recommendation.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X