Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1251

Thread: The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

  1. #1021
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    I've been watching Godless. It's pretty good if you like Westerns. Jeff Daniels plays the main villain. I don't think it's a spoiler to mention that the origin of his character is that his family is killed in the Mountain Meadows Massacre when he's a boy and then he's raised by the Mormons who killed his family. He still apparently believes because he tells people the Garden of Eden is in Missouri.
    Now that's a Western villain origin story!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  2. #1022
    Senior Member dabrockster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    8,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    I've been watching Godless. It's pretty good if you like Westerns. Jeff Daniels plays the main villain. I don't think it's a spoiler to mention that the origin of his character is that his family is killed in the Mountain Meadows Massacre when he's a boy and then he's raised by the Mormons who killed his family. He still apparently believes because he tells people the Garden of Eden is in Missouri.
    Was about to post the same thing. Interesting to see if this goes beyond the one episode or if it plays a bigger role in the story.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #1023

    Default

    Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond - Featuring a Very Special, Contractually Obligated Mention of Tony Clifton.
    https://www.avclub.com/jim-andy-s-lo...eal-1820468950

    I really liked this documentary. Well worth watching for anyone that is a fan of Andy Kaufman or was a fan of the movie Man on the Moon.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  4. #1024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond - Featuring a Very Special, Contractually Obligated Mention of Tony Clifton.
    https://www.avclub.com/jim-andy-s-lo...eal-1820468950

    I really liked this documentary. Well worth watching for anyone that is a fan of Andy Kaufman or was a fan of the movie Man on the Moon.
    This might be the first time I agree with funk in this thread. I also liked this. It probably helped that I remember liking MotM. Jim Carrey kind of comes across as a DB (so accurate i guess?)
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  5. #1025
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Started Mindhunter on the suggestion of several people I trust. Wasn't overly impressed with episode 1 but I'm going to stick with it for a few more. Would be rated a hard R if it were a movie. A shotgun suicide opens the series and the camera which is fairly close up never pulls away. I have no idea how they did that, but I kind of wish they hadn't.
    I'm about 4-5 episodes in, and I have to admit I am really enjoying it. I feel like it is building towards something interesting with the ADT guy in Kansas (I'm trying to avoid spoilers as to who that might be). I also think some of the individual performances are really good. For example, the guy who plays Ed Kemper is great. I could watch that guy get interviewed all day.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  6. #1026
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,534

    Default

    New Netflix series that debuts in February called Altered Carbon. Based on a sci-fi novel that I've never read. Rumored to be the most expensive Netflix series to date.

    Teaser trailer (somewhat NSFW)


    The trailer introduces the novel’s central McGuffin: in Morgan’s version of the future, people can digitally copy their memories and personalities into a “cortical stack” and implant them in a new body, called a sleeve. The process allows people (usually the rich and famous) to avoid death by jumping from body to body. Last week, Netflix began teasing the show with a couple of in-universe teasers for Psychasec, the company responsible for “sleeving” people.

    In Morgan’s novel, a dead soldier named Takeshi Kovacs (Suicide Squad’s Joel Kinnaman), is brought back to life centuries after his mind was imprisoned “on ice.” Earth’s wealthiest man, Laurens Bancroft (Antonio Marziale) hires him for an unusual task: someone murdered Bancroft’s previous body, and the new version wants Kovacs to track down the killer. As he takes on the case, Kovacs begins to realize that his own past might be relevant. The novel was followed by two sequels, Broken Angels and Woken Furies, which gives Netflix plenty of options for future seasons.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/4/1...tch-first-look
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  7. #1027
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    New Netflix series that debuts in February called Altered Carbon. Based on a sci-fi novel that I've never read. Rumored to be the most expensive Netflix series to date.

    Teaser trailer (somewhat NSFW)




    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/4/1...tch-first-look
    That looks good.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  8. #1028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    More about Last Chance U: I watched the first two episodes and they were really well done. Most of you know that I hate sports movies. They're so manipulative; it always comes down to the last few seconds, when our plucky little athletes, facing incredible odds, have somehow pulled within a single score of winning. Then the light go low, the motion goes slow, and the violins surge, and the hero slowly crosses the plane. But this docuseries is all true-- it really happened that way. And sometimes the protagonist doesnt win.

    This will be of interest to you ute fans: one of the main characters is a truly gifted running back named DJ Law. Like all of the other guys on the team, Law was accepted by a D1 program, only to fail due to grades, (they are all there due to grades or off-the-field issues, or insubordination with the coaching staff-- this is why the series is called Last Chance U). Law was supposed to play for the Utes, and in episode 1, you see him waving a Utah hat wistfully, like he knows he could have gotten to D1 had he just studied harder. (Actually, he's this guy who signed with both Utah and Ole Miss.) The camera pulls in for a closeup interview: Law admits that even with his athletic ability, he doesn't know how to study; he's so disciplined on the field and so undisciplined in the classroom. Later in the episode, we meet Law's father who is a common street thug, in and out of jail, and so young he seems more like Law's brother. Law says that in coming to JUCO, he has gotten farther in education than anyone else in his family, ever. I wonder how he even manages to get that far-- it is obvious that he was never given the tools to study and to read. This series does a great job in explaining how even the most gifted athlete on the gridiron can be crushed by the demands of collegiate life.

    There are plenty of subplots, involving the one woman in the movie, the QB controversy, the huge beefy lineman who is dumb as a box of rocks and who has learned that his size allows him to bully everyone. (Mute whenever he is onscreen, because he only knows 10 words, and 4 of them are versions of the F word). I like the player Isaiah, pretty laid back, but capable of some gutsy moves when it involves football. (There's a hilarious scene where he puts himself in the game on kickoff return, and he runs the ball back and scores a touchdown, with the coach on the sideline yelling "Who's that guy?") I like the offensive coordinator who doesn't really swear and seems to be a religious man. I like the white QB vying for the starting role-- unlike most of the other players, he is not there for bad reasons- he didn't get a shot at D1 and figures winning a championship at a JUCO will step him up to a decent program. But he has options-- he tells the camera that if he doesn't make it in football, he'll probably go to Ole Miss and play intramurals and graduate the average joe way.
    Revisiting this post and Season 2:

    Isaiah Wright is now in prison for Murder

    DJ Law flunked out of UAB

    John Franklin III left Florida State to attend EMCC, doesn't win the starting job still gets an offer to Auburn, he then leaves Auburn after not starting and is now at FAU with Lane Kiffin where he pulled a Kaelin Clay last week dropping the ball before crossing the end zone on an easy TD

    The white QB Wyatt Roberts was invited to walk-on at Mississippi State. He was going to give up football at Attend Miss State either way but when they invited him to walk-on it was a no brainer.

    Ronald Ollie the D-lineman you can't understand as you stated, attended Nicholls State. He had a huge year but then quit because he wants to attend Bama. Who doesn't want him.

    I just finished season 2: Buddy Stephens the coach is still an asshole.

    Deandre Johnson who was the best QB in JC ball ended up with one offer to FAU, he was playing JC because he was booted out of FSU for punching a woman. He was slated to start at FAu this year before he got sick and missed the majority of the season.

    Tim Bonner who was kicked out of Louisville for carrying a gun on campus is also at FAU (Lane Kiffin loves these guys) and Lane just tweeted out today a picture of Bonner holding his report card where he ended up with straight B's.

    Chauncey Rivers failed 3 drug tests at Georgia went to EMCC and is now at Miss State where he was ineligible this past season due to grades.

    Dakota Allen is the true success story, he was kicked out of Texas Tech and banned from campus for 2 years for burglary and theft. He spends a year at EMCC, and received a waiver to return to Texas tech where this past season he has 105 tackles. He is also now a straight A student.

    Kam Carter went from penn State to EMCC to now Pitt where he redshirted due to Academics.

    Vijay Miller who was slated to become the starting QB this year was drafted in the 3rd round of the MLB draft by the padres and left school to pursue baseball


    Fun show to watch, they renewed it for a season 3 but they are headed to Independence community college in Kansas next season. Which is to bad because EMCC just won the junior college national championship last Saturday.
    *Banned*

  9. #1029
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Revisiting this post and Season 2:

    Isaiah Wright is now in prison for Murder

    DJ Law flunked out of UAB

    John Franklin III left Florida State to attend EMCC, doesn't win the starting job still gets an offer to Auburn, he then leaves Auburn after not starting and is now at FAU with Lane Kiffin where he pulled a Kaelin Clay last week dropping the ball before crossing the end zone on an easy TD

    The white QB Wyatt Roberts was invited to walk-on at Mississippi State. He was going to give up football at Attend Miss State either way but when they invited him to walk-on it was a no brainer.

    Ronald Ollie the D-lineman you can't understand as you stated, attended Nicholls State. He had a huge year but then quit because he wants to attend Bama. Who doesn't want him.

    I just finished season 2: Buddy Stephens the coach is still an asshole.

    Deandre Johnson who was the best QB in JC ball ended up with one offer to FAU, he was playing JC because he was booted out of FSU for punching a woman. He was slated to start at FAu this year before he got sick and missed the majority of the season.

    Tim Bonner who was kicked out of Louisville for carrying a gun on campus is also at FAU (Lane Kiffin loves these guys) and Lane just tweeted out today a picture of Bonner holding his report card where he ended up with straight B's.

    Chauncey Rivers failed 3 drug tests at Georgia went to EMCC and is now at Miss State where he was ineligible this past season due to grades.

    Dakota Allen is the true success story, he was kicked out of Texas Tech and banned from campus for 2 years for burglary and theft. He spends a year at EMCC, and received a waiver to return to Texas tech where this past season he has 105 tackles. He is also now a straight A student.

    Kam Carter went from penn State to EMCC to now Pitt where he redshirted due to Academics.

    Vijay Miller who was slated to become the starting QB this year was drafted in the 3rd round of the MLB draft by the padres and left school to pursue baseball


    Fun show to watch, they renewed it for a season 3 but they are headed to Independence community college in Kansas next season. Which is to bad because EMCC just won the junior college national championship last Saturday.
    We saw the sign for Scooba while driving from Memphis to Starksville. After seeing all these small MS towns, getting someone from out of state to play there is almost as big of accomplishment of getting a commit to Pullman WA, or Ames Iowa.

    I enjoyed Last Chance. The two players who I was rooting for the succeed post psychopath Buddy, were Dakota and Deandre. However, it did appear at time that Deandre was very aware of the cameras presence and used the opportunity as an audition. Hard to tell if he is a good guy who made a bad mistake, or a bad dude who knows how to act in public.

    The real winner of the show was Brittany Wagnar. She seemed smart, likable, and genuinely concerned about the kids more than just for football (basically the exact opposite of Buddy). Hopefully, her new career is working out well.

  10. #1030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    We saw the sign for Scooba while driving from Memphis to Starksville. After seeing all these small MS towns, getting someone from out of state to play there is almost as big of accomplishment of getting a commit to Pullman WA, or Ames Iowa.

    I enjoyed Last Chance. The two players who I was rooting for the succeed post psychopath Buddy, were Dakota and Deandre. However, it did appear at time that Deandre was very aware of the cameras presence and used the opportunity as an audition. Hard to tell if he is a good guy who made a bad mistake, or a bad dude who knows how to act in public.

    The real winner of the show was Brittany Wagnar. She seemed smart, likable, and genuinely concerned about the kids more than just for football (basically the exact opposite of Buddy). Hopefully, her new career is working out well.
    I read that Wagner is consulting with about 30-40 school districts and commands between 10-15k per speaking engagement. So she is probably doing much better than her time at EMCC.

    DeAndre did seem to be putting on a show for the camera. But he has stayed out of trouble since, so we will see.

    I agree on Dakota, he was the one guy I was rooting for the most.
    *Banned*

  11. #1031
    Senior Member dabrockster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    8,465

    Default The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

    I have been watching MindHunter.

    This is a very intriguing show about the FBI and the concept of Behavior Science into criminals. It takes place in the 1970’s and is all around the study of what we know as Serial Killers. They go around interviewing what they first call “Sequence Killers” to help identify the MO and behaviors.

    Really very interesting show and if you like facts wrapped up in fiction you will enjoy this too. Specially if you like such things criminal behavior..

    The interviews mesmerizing. How they nail these guys is unreal..

    I highly recommend it!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 12-12-2017 at 02:19 PM.

  12. #1032
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    I have been watching MindHunter.

    This is a very intriguing show about the FBI and the concept of Behavior Science into criminals. It takes place in the 1970’s and is all around the study of what we know as Serial Killers. They go around interviewing what they first call “Sequence Killers” to help identify the MO and behaviors.

    Really very interesting show and if you like facts wrapped up in fiction you will enjoy this too. Specially if you like such things criminal behavior..

    The interviews mesmerizing. How they nail these guys is unreal..

    I highly recommend it!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just started this week.

  13. #1033
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Just started this week.
    I'm 6 episodes in. I think its really good. Not great, but very entertaining. I wish I were watching an episode right now.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  14. #1034
    Senior Member dabrockster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    8,465

    Default The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

    Last episode finished of Mindhunters

    Holy $hit. That ending was intense..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 12-13-2017 at 05:25 PM.

  15. #1035
    UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default Netflix series based on Marvel Comics

    I've enjoyed movies and series based on the Marvel comics, so after finishing all of the episodes of The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I started looking over the Netflix menu for other series. Iron Fist was interesting, but I sort of lost interest after about half a dozen episodes, planning to eventually finish it. Then I started on Daredevil for about another half dozen episodes. Moving on to Defenders I realized that it ties a bunch of other series together: Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. So I had to go back and start watching those last two and now I think I'm hooked on all five. Here is a quick summary of what each of them are about, in case you think you might be interested in them.

    Iron Fist - Danny Rand, the son of a billionaire founder of a drug company survives a plane crash (that kills his parents) somewhere up in the Himalayas resembling Shangri La, trains in martial arts for ten years, then comes back to New York. The big villian is an evil ancient organization and he is the chosen one to stop them. However, the people running his father's company are also villians that he must fight. His super power, other than amazing martial arts skills, is that when things really get tough his hand starts glowing and he does serious damage to anything that he hits.

    Daredevil - A kid gets blinded in some sort of car crash that kills his parents. The crash has something to do with toxic or radioactive chemicals that give him enhanced abilities so that even though he can't see, it's like he has more than sight and can use his martial arts skills to fight evil in the Hell's Kitchen area (Irish neighborhood). I'm not sure I've identified a specific villian that he fights. The series starts just after he graduates from law school and starts a law practice with his best friend Foggy Nelson. Somewhere around the fourth or fifth episode it is explaines how he developed his skills.

    Luke Cage - A guy gets out of prison, having super strength and bullet proof skin. He goes around Harlem trying to get rid of bad guys. The villian is a local gangster and his politician cousin. The fourth episode explains where his powers come from.

    Jessica Jones - A New York private investigator who is almost as strong as Luke Cage, likes to drink cheap whiskey, and curses a lot. The villian is some British guy who is very good at mind control. I still don't know how she got her powers. This is the series that I've enjoyed the most for some reason. She knows Luke Cage and this series seems to come after the whole Luke Cage series.

    Defenders - The whole gang gets together, but it takes about four episodes of them fighting evil as well as each other before they finally come together to help fight the people that Iron Fist has been fighting all along.

  16. #1036
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    I've enjoyed movies and series based on the Marvel comics, so after finishing all of the episodes of The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I started looking over the Netflix menu for other series. Iron Fist was interesting, but I sort of lost interest after about half a dozen episodes, planning to eventually finish it. Then I started on Daredevil for about another half dozen episodes. Moving on to Defenders I realized that it ties a bunch of other series together: Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. So I had to go back and start watching those last two and now I think I'm hooked on all five. Here is a quick summary of what each of them are about, in case you think you might be interested in them.

    Iron Fist - Danny Rand, the son of a billionaire founder of a drug company survives a plane crash (that kills his parents) somewhere up in the Himalayas resembling Shangri La, trains in martial arts for ten years, then comes back to New York. The big villian is an evil ancient organization and he is the chosen one to stop them. However, the people running his father's company are also villians that he must fight. His super power, other than amazing martial arts skills, is that when things really get tough his hand starts glowing and he does serious damage to anything that he hits.

    Daredevil - A kid gets blinded in some sort of car crash that kills his parents. The crash has something to do with toxic or radioactive chemicals that give him enhanced abilities so that even though he can't see, it's like he has more than sight and can use his martial arts skills to fight evil in the Hell's Kitchen area (Irish neighborhood). I'm not sure I've identified a specific villian that he fights. The series starts just after he graduates from law school and starts a law practice with his best friend Foggy Nelson. Somewhere around the fourth or fifth episode it is explaines how he developed his skills.

    Luke Cage - A guy gets out of prison, having super strength and bullet proof skin. He goes around Harlem trying to get rid of bad guys. The villian is a local gangster and his politician cousin. The fourth episode explains where his powers come from.

    Jessica Jones - A New York private investigator who is almost as strong as Luke Cage, likes to drink cheap whiskey, and curses a lot. The villian is some British guy who is very good at mind control. I still don't know how she got her powers. This is the series that I've enjoyed the most for some reason. She knows Luke Cage and this series seems to come after the whole Luke Cage series.

    Defenders - The whole gang gets together, but it takes about four episodes of them fighting evil as well as each other before they finally come together to help fight the people that Iron Fist has been fighting all along.
    If you haven't discovered Daredevil's villain yet, you haven't watched much of the first season. Plus, he's a classic bad guy in that universe.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  17. #1037
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    I've enjoyed movies and series based on the Marvel comics, so after finishing all of the episodes of The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I started looking over the Netflix menu for other series. Iron Fist was interesting, but I sort of lost interest after about half a dozen episodes, planning to eventually finish it. Then I started on Daredevil for about another half dozen episodes. Moving on to Defenders I realized that it ties a bunch of other series together: Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. So I had to go back and start watching those last two and now I think I'm hooked on all five. Here is a quick summary of what each of them are about, in case you think you might be interested in them.

    Iron Fist - Danny Rand, the son of a billionaire founder of a drug company survives a plane crash (that kills his parents) somewhere up in the Himalayas resembling Shangri La, trains in martial arts for ten years, then comes back to New York. The big villian is an evil ancient organization and he is the chosen one to stop them. However, the people running his father's company are also villians that he must fight. His super power, other than amazing martial arts skills, is that when things really get tough his hand starts glowing and he does serious damage to anything that he hits.

    Daredevil - A kid gets blinded in some sort of car crash that kills his parents. The crash has something to do with toxic or radioactive chemicals that give him enhanced abilities so that even though he can't see, it's like he has more than sight and can use his martial arts skills to fight evil in the Hell's Kitchen area (Irish neighborhood). I'm not sure I've identified a specific villian that he fights. The series starts just after he graduates from law school and starts a law practice with his best friend Foggy Nelson. Somewhere around the fourth or fifth episode it is explaines how he developed his skills.

    Luke Cage - A guy gets out of prison, having super strength and bullet proof skin. He goes around Harlem trying to get rid of bad guys. The villian is a local gangster and his politician cousin. The fourth episode explains where his powers come from.

    Jessica Jones - A New York private investigator who is almost as strong as Luke Cage, likes to drink cheap whiskey, and curses a lot. The villian is some British guy who is very good at mind control. I still don't know how she got her powers. This is the series that I've enjoyed the most for some reason. She knows Luke Cage and this series seems to come after the whole Luke Cage series.

    Defenders - The whole gang gets together, but it takes about four episodes of them fighting evil as well as each other before they finally come together to help fight the people that Iron Fist has been fighting all along.
    Dude you're watching these all out of order.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  18. #1038
    UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    If you haven't discovered Daredevil's villain yet, you haven't watched much of the first season. Plus, he's a classic bad guy in that universe.
    After watching approximately 15 episodes of all the others since the last Daredevil episode, I might have just forgotten. And I know the order has been screwed up. But I had no way to know at the beginning what the proper order was. Other than Luke Cage, then Jessica Jones, then Defenders, I still don't know the right order for the other two.

  19. #1039
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    After watching approximately 15 episodes of all the others since the last Daredevil episode, I might have just forgotten. And I know the order has been screwed up. But I had no way to know at the beginning what the proper order was. Other than Luke Cage, then Jessica Jones, then Defenders, I still don't know the right order for the other two.
    Here, I googled it for you.


    https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...s-release-date
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  20. #1040
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    After watching approximately 15 episodes of all the others since the last Daredevil episode, I might have just forgotten. And I know the order has been screwed up. But I had no way to know at the beginning what the proper order was. Other than Luke Cage, then Jessica Jones, then Defenders, I still don't know the right order for the other two.
    Well, if Netflix/Marvel intended you to watch them in the the order they released them, then it would go Daredevil, then Jessica Jones, then Luke Cage. Might be something in between JJ and Cage. But JJ definitely came out before Luke Cage did.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  21. #1041

    Default

    I don't imagine that the Netflix-Disney relationship will last any longer than it has to. With the Disney-Fox merger, Disney acquired another 30% of Hulu -- now it owns 60% of it.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

  22. #1042
    UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    After watching approximately 15 episodes of all the others since the last Daredevil episode, I might have just forgotten.
    Oh yeah. Just five minutes of the next Daredevil episode and now I remember the villain, the bald Wilson Fisk, head of Union Allied Construction.

    Apparently if you don't want any clues given away, you have to watch the shows by season in the order they were released. I won't be doing it that way, though, because sometimes I feel like watching a certain character.

    Anyway, hopefully some of you who haven't already watched all of the Marvel stuff on Netflix might now feel like getting started on it, if that's the sort of thing that you like.

  23. #1043
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,534

    Default

    Netflix going up to $13.99/mo in January. Still worth it, but I'm beginning to pine for the days when it was $7.99/mo. and included DVDs by mail.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  24. #1044

    Default

    I had no idea until this morning that more Black Mirror episodes were going to be released tomorrow. That show is up there with Narcos and Stranger Things.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

  25. #1045
    UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    ...Here is a quick summary of what each of them are about, in case you think you might be interested in them.

    Iron Fist -

    Daredevil -

    Luke Cage -

    Jessica Jones -

    Defenders -
    Looks like I missed The Punisher. He shows up in the second season of Daredevil. One more series on my watch list now. I think I'm covered for the next few months.

  26. #1046
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    Looks like I missed The Punisher. He shows up in the second season of Daredevil. One more series on my watch list now. I think I'm covered for the next few months.
    The punisher is the latest one to come out. Might not even have been out when you wrote that list.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  27. #1047

    Default

    Dark, a German show, was really good. The fact I understood much or most of it without subtitles may have made it better for me than it would be for many viewers that don't understand German.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

  28. #1048
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Dark, a German show, was really good. The fact I understood much or most of it without subtitles may have made it better for me than it would be for many viewers that don't understand German.
    I haven't finished it yet, but I like the start of it.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  29. #1049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Dark, a German show, was really good. The fact I understood much or most of it without subtitles may have made it better for me than it would be for many viewers that don't understand German.
    I don't understand German but I liked it.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

  30. #1050
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,252

    Default

    Probably already been mentioned, but WWII in Color is a pretty engrossing series. Really helping supplement my knowledge of the conflict - especially on the Eastern Front and the Pacific Theater.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •