Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1277

Thread: The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Ha. This season had plenty of Gremlins nods, winks, and elbow nudges, didn't it?
    No idea. Gremlins was such a horrible movie that I did my best to forget it and everything about it
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    No idea. Gremlins was such a horrible movie that I did my best to forget it and everything about it
    So no recollection of a storyline in which a teenager naively takes in an extremely exotic pet that turns into a monster and terrorizes the entire community?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

So no recollection of a storyline in which a teenager naively takes in an extremely exotic pet that turns into a monster and terrorizes the entire community?
    Only barely.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I can somewhat let it pass if you have a problem with Gremlins. However, if you make any negative comments about Gremlins 2, I think we are going to have to fight.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I can somewhat let it pass if you have a problem with Gremlins. However, if you make any negative comments about Gremlins 2, I think we are going to have to fight.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

With all the Gremlins talk, this deserves to be posted here.

Last edited by Donuthole; 11-06-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    With all the Gremlins talk, this deserves to be posted here.
    Is it available to stream on Netflix? Because if it doesn't, it does not "deserve" to be posted here.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I've got no interest in ST2, and I'm not sure why. I enjoyed most of the first season just fine.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

All I remember: water made them reproduce.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Is it available to stream on Netflix? Because if it doesn't, it does not "deserve" to be posted here.
    It is! I watched it the other night and remembered this precious gem of a downer.

Ha. This season had plenty of Gremlins nods, winks, and elbow nudges, didn't it?
    Curious if others think the scene with the P.I. giving vodka to John Cougar Mellencamp and his not-girlfriend and then encouraging them to stay the night was a sort of hat-tip to Rocky Horror? That scene was very sexually creepy, a grown ass man plying teens with alcohol, even pushing more on them when they decline and then throwing double entendres at them at the breakfast table the next morning. I'm surprised it made the cut.
    Last edited by SteelBlue; 11-06-2017 at 03:43 PM.

It is! I watched it the other night and remembered this precious gem of a downer.
    It is not nearly as much of a downer as why she hates President's Day.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Is that even a real thing?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Is anyone else going to check this out? Premiere is tonight

http://poptv.com/schitts_creek

A comedy starring eugene levy, called "Schitt's Creek." you gotta at least check it out, right?

I've been watching Schitt's Creek on Netflix lately. I think it's really funny, especially seasons 2 and 3.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    I agree that season 2 of ST was just as good as season 1. I watched it with my wife over last weekend.

Funny about SB's daughter. My daughter (who is 11) has heard a lot about the show from school and wants to watch it. My wife thinks we should let her. I think it is a horrible idea and will result in her sleeping on the floor of our bedroom until she's 15. This daughter thinks she likes scary shows but it's a pretty big step up from R.L. Stine's Goosebumps to Stranger Things.
    I watched 2 episodes of ST1 with my 12 year old son and he slept with the lights on. My wife then scolded me for introducing it to him..

Although he is now asking to watch again. I have yet to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Just saw Field Of Dreams is on Netflix.

Super stoked!!!!

Last edited by dabrockster; 11-09-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Episode 7 of Stranger Things 2 was a disaster. What a strange digression.
    Last edited by SteelBlue; 11-07-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Just saw Field Of Dreams is no Netflix.

Super stoked!!!!

Already watched it.

"Hey, Dad? Wanna have a catch?"

Started Mindhunter on the suggestion of several people I trust. Wasn't overly impressed with episode 1 but I'm going to stick with it for a few more. Would be rated a hard R if it were a movie. A shotgun suicide opens the series and the camera which is fairly close up never pulls away. I have no idea how they did that, but I kind of wish they hadn't.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Just saw Field Of Dreams is no Netflix.

Super stoked!!!!

Tried watching, got really bored. “If you build it...” is a top 10 all time movie catch phrase tho.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Tried watching, got really bored.
    Going to be a long retirement!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Going to be a long retirement!
    Yeah, better win those bids! FTR I said watch not finish.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Already watched it.

"Hey, Dad? Wanna have a catch?"
    Gets me every time..

Finished yesterday.

I watched the season of Mystery Science Theater 3K over the last few weeks. If you liked this show back during its original run, you'll probably like it now. According to my wife, this is the show with the highest RT rating on Netflix right now.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Started Mindhunter on the suggestion of several people I trust. Wasn't overly impressed with episode 1 but I'm going to stick with it for a few more. Would be rated a hard R if it were a movie. A shotgun suicide opens the series and the camera which is fairly close up never pulls away. I have no idea how they did that, but I kind of wish they hadn't.
    IF you continued I would like to know what you thought about it. I binged it last week. I thought it was OK but a little flat and contrived in the same way the original Dragnet TV series used to be. But with a lot more violence.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    I watched the season of Mystery Science Theater 3K over the last few weeks. If you liked this show back during its original run, you'll probably like it now. According to my wife, this is the show with the highest RT rating on Netflix right now.
    This new Netflix season is fantastic. I think I raved about it before...

IF you continued I would like to know what you thought about it. I binged it last week. I thought it was OK but a little flat and contrived in the same way the original Dragnet TV series used to be. But with a lot more violence.
    I haven't continued with it but still plan to, so I'll let you know. I felt like the dialog in episode one, especially between the protagonist and his bar pick up, was unnatural and at times cheesy. But, that might just be me getting old.

The Punisher...

Fantastic! Loving every episode.

Jon Bernthal nails it!!

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

The Punisher...

Fantastic! Loving every episode.
    I may have to watch that. I was a bit annoyed that Netflix seemed to shove it in my face at every opportunity for about a week.

I've been watching Godless. It's pretty good if you like Westerns. Jeff Daniels plays the main villain. I don't think it's a spoiler to mention that the origin of his character is that his family is killed in the Mountain Meadows Massacre when he's a boy and then he's raised by the Mormons who killed his family. He still apparently believes because he tells people the Garden of Eden is in Missouri.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”