The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    So why did NBC hand over The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? You have to make it through the first three episodes or so and it gets good. Ellie Kemper's roommate (a big, gay black dude) is hilarious.
    I agree. The first episode or two is pretty clunky and awkward, but this show has that Tina Fey quality of non-stop references and jokes even on the downbeat (that make you miss them) like 30 Rock used to have. And Ellie Kemper is pretty awesome.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

So why did NBC hand over The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? You have to make it through the first three episodes or so and it gets good. Ellie Kemper's roommate (a big, gay black dude) is hilarious.
      Probably because it would have got shitty ratings like 30 Rock. The show is good and funny, but at best it would get them acclaim but no viewers.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        Probably because it would have got shitty ratings like 30 Rock. The show is good and funny, but at best it would get them acclaim but no viewers.
        All their shows get shitty ratings, but look at the shows they picked instead. Are any of them on the air?
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Btw, it sure appears that the dresses the girls wear in the bunker were actually made by the Colorado City clan. IIRC, they sell those dresses online.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

All their shows get shitty ratings, but look at the shows they picked instead. Are any of them on the air?
            I can't say that I've paid any attention to NBC's current shows, except for Hannibal, which those bastards are holding onto until June. NBC made the right call with the show, shuttle it over to Netflix where it can be released all at once for binge watching, you don't have to advertise it, and it can have a few seasons that way. Its a good show, but network TV it would have maybe lasted half a season on network. This is the type of show that is perfect for the Netflix/Amazon model. I wish NBC would realize that they need to push Hannibal over to a digital platform as well.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Btw, it sure appears that the dresses the girls wear in the bunker were actually made by the Colorado City clan. IIRC, they sell those dresses online.
              I wondered how hard they had to try to not say the word "Mormon" in the first episode. I'm glad they made the setting in Indiana to take some of the pressure off!
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Three episodes into The Fall and liking it. The killer is a serious creeper.
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Finished The Fall a couple weeks ago. Can't remember the last time I saw a show that disturbing on TV, but I enjoyed it. Certainly flips the script on a traditional whodunit, since you know whodunit from the outset. And I give the show props for making me feel seriously conflicted about the killer by the end.
                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Seriously. I finished it earlier this week and was surprised that I found myself rooting for him to escape multiple times. Now the milfy main lady needs to get naked.
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Gillian Anderson must be getting hotter with age. I did not remember her being this good looking and I even want back and looked at pictures of her from X-Files to compare. She's definitely hotter now.
                So I finally got around to watching Season 2 of The Fall. I enjoyed it just as much as the first season, even if I found one of the plot lines mildly annoying (and disliked that said plot line ended up playing a significant part in the main plot line).

Also, this season is a bit more satisfying in that there is much less room for conflicted feelings about the killer. Anyone else watch yet?
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• So I used to hate Parks and Recreation, but then I watched a bit of it on Netflix and discovered Jeremy Jamm. I like him. He really makes me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                    I can't say that I've paid any attention to NBC's current shows, except for Hannibal, which those bastards are holding onto until June. NBC made the right call with the show, shuttle it over to Netflix where it can be released all at once for binge watching, you don't have to advertise it, and it can have a few seasons that way. Its a good show, but network TV it would have maybe lasted half a season on network. This is the type of show that is perfect for the Netflix/Amazon model. I wish NBC would realize that they need to push Hannibal over to a digital platform as well.
                    Are you serious? The word of mouth on Kimmy has been incredible. I've had no fewer than 5 different friends and family members tell me it's great, and I've passed it on to coworkers and others. I bet it does just fine on NBC.

Comment

• I'm about 5 episodes into Daredevil. I like it so far. The protagonist isn't a male model or even a particularly handsome guy like the rest of the Marvel superheroes, so that's cool. The show is crazy dark and violent, which is also cool, but sometimes I'm looking for a bit more meaning to the violence- I mean some of it is pretty crazy. I do appreciate that it keeps a good PG-13 vibe and doesn't get too profane or explicit in the midst of the storytelling.

I haven't delved into the comics, so I don't quite know if or how he mixes in with the rest of the Marvel universe, but I will be watching the rest of the series.

*One complaint: I am bugged that he and his partner graduated cum laude from Columbia and don't seem to know HTF to run a law firm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        I'm about 5 episodes into Daredevil. I like it so far. The protagonist isn't a male model or even a particularly handsome guy like the rest of the Marvel superheroes, so that's cool. The show is crazy dark and violent, which is also cool, but sometimes I'm looking for a bit more meaning to the violence- I mean some of it is pretty crazy. I do appreciate that it keeps a good PG-13 vibe and doesn't get too profane or explicit in the midst of the storytelling.

I haven't delved into the comics, so I don't quite know if or how he mixes in with the rest of the Marvel universe, but I will be watching the rest of the series.

*One complaint: I am bugged that he and his partner graduated cum laude from Columbia and don't seem to know HTF to run a law firm.
                        I'm the 3 episodes in and I'm liking it too. My small complaint is the fact that Murdock can tell when the lawyer enters the court room based on the ticking of his watch, which makes no sense because the lawyer is wearing an automatic!
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Meh. I've watched 4 episodes of Kimmy and I thought it started well and has petered off lately. It feels like there is nary a reference to the bunker any more. She's just another naif in Gotham now.

However, I really really want to know more about the crank that went to nothing in the bunker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            Meh. I've watched 4 episodes of Kimmy and I thought it started well and has petered off lately. It feels like there is nary a reference to the bunker any more. She's just another naif in Gotham now.

However, I really really want to know more about the crank that went to nothing in the bunker.
                            Spoiler alert.
                            Just wait Katy lied! They'll tell you in the end.

Comment

• On Episode 6 on Daredevil. I couldn't place who is playing Wilson Fisk.. I knew he sounded familiar but couldn't place him, so when I looked him up and saw that it was Vincent D'Onofrio was surprising..

Been good so far...

Comment

• I can't stop watching Bloodline, a Netflix original. It started off slowly (slow pacing) but after the first episode it becomes utterly bingewatchable. The pace is still slower than you expect, but when they ratchett up the tension, I get a knot in my stomach. I recommend watching it at the start of the summer so your lazy days of summer coincide with the sunny locale in the Florida keys. The acting is terrific. There is an amazing scene with Sam Shepard and his no good son that is wonderful. The son is played by unknown Aussie actor Ben Mendelsohn and he is fabulous. Kyle Chandler stars in it-- I've always dismissed him as a pretty boy, but he moves effortlessly through the different facets of his character here. Some critics are predicting that Chandler beats out Jon Hamm for an emmy again, based on his work on Bloodline.

Bloodline_TV_Series_Poster.jpg

Its better than House of Cards, and I care about the characters more than Orange is the New Black. I really care about the characters, even the douchey ones. Oh, they say the F word a lot, but other than that it would be suitable for a mature teen.

Comment

Working...
                                X