The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
    I'll tell you what Netflix is not streaming - The Avengers and The Hunger Games, which Amazon Prime is.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benzinga...-hunger-games/

We've done Netflix streaming since it came out and love it. We have also used Amazon prime for several years, but haven't done much streaming with it. If Amazon keeps adding movies and series like they are, we may make the switch and save the $8 per month.
    Amazon Prime has been adding stuff like crazy lately. Love it. With my student price, I got Prime for 39 bucks for the year. Can't beat all the cool streaming (currently watching Friday Night Lights, 30 for 30 episodes and gonna start Battlestar Gallactica) and free 2 day shipping for 3 bucks a month!

Comment

• Jiro Dreams of Sushi on Netflix

Comment

• Season 2 of Sherlock just came to Netflix. If you haven't watched it yet, you should.
        Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Got an email from Netflix. It went:

Katy, Strange Sex Season 2 is now streaming on Netflix.

10 Episodes! Available in HD!

What the heck?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
            Got an email from Netflix. It went:

Katy, Strange Sex Season 2 is now streaming on Netflix.

10 Episodes! Available in HD!

What the heck?

Gonna be hard to top Season 1.
            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

• All 4 seasons of Fringe are available on Amazon Prime. Fun show.

Comment

• Borgia. Not the Showtime series with Jeremy Irons, the European version made by Tom Fontana (St. Elsewhere, Oz, Copper) starring John Doman (The Wire). I've bee sick the last two days and watched the whole first season. Really good (European sensibilities about nudity though, lots of full frontal, mostly male, be warned, including this trailer which is NSFW).

[YOUTUBE]lVXM5sJ6pvA[/YOUTUBE]
                Last edited by UtahDan; 10-06-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi last night. Really enjoyed it and found it very inspiring.

A little Seattle connects the dots here. There's a well known sushi restaurant in Belltown called Shiro's. Shiro apprenticed under Jiro in the 60s of 70s before coming to the states. And you know the guy working at Jiro's place that has to make 200 of the egg things before he gets it right and says he wanted to burst out in tears when Jiro finally called him shokunin? He came over to work as the #2 at Shiro's this summer now that Shiro is only manning the bar three nights a week as he gets older.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                    Watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi last night. Really enjoyed it and found it very inspiring.

A little Seattle connects the dots here. There's a well known sushi restaurant in Belltown called Shiro's. Shiro apprenticed under Jiro in the 60s of 70s before coming to the states. And you know the guy working at Jiro's place that has to make 200 of the egg things before he gets it right and says he wanted to burst out in tears when Jiro finally called him shokunin? He came over to work as the #2 at Shiro's this summer now that Shiro is only manning the bar three nights a week as he gets older.
                    Yes, I love the movie. I want to be a master.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      All 4 seasons of Fringe are available on Amazon Prime. Fun show.
                      Fringe is an amazing show. I talk about it too much. Genius stuff especially after Season 1.

Comment

• I watched taht when it first came out, maybe the first four episodes or so.

Maybe I need to go back and watch it again. My wife has been bugging me about it because her sister said it was good.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• I watched this show on netflix and thought it was great. I didn't realize that it has won an acadamy award till a looked up a picture to post. If you don't mind listening to a little Italiano, I highly recommend it.

Cinema Paradisio

<links deleted due to malware concerns>
                          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 12-29-2012, 02:49 PM.
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                            I watched this show on netflix and thought it was great. I didn't realize that it has won an acadamy award till a looked up a picture to post. If you don't mind listening to a little Italiano, I highly recommend it.
                            It's an outstanding movie. Among other great things about the movie, the soundtrack is superb.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi last night. Really enjoyed it and found it very inspiring.

Great documentary.
                              Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

• Watched 2 docs on the N this week.

Cleanflix, about the movie company in Utah and their battle with the Directors Guild. Also turned into an interesting story about Daniel Thompson who fancied himself the leader in the battle of clean movies. Some of you familiar with Utah news may know his story, but it was new to me and I thought it was interesting.

The People vs. George Lucas, while I once thought that Lucas' new versions of Star Wars were awful and perhaps shouldn't have been made, seeing how pathetic these fanboys whine and cry about it makes me hope that episodes 7-9 are even more cartoonish.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X