Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 1,321 to 1,345 of 1345

Thread: The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Started watching Ozark, its Breaking Bad with Jason Bateman. Not impressed so far.
    You say that like's it a bad thing.

FTR I agree with DH, except for me it was about halfway through season 2 that the show became repetitive.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    I enjoyed Season 2. Totally flipped me for a loop at the end. Or I suspected it but was hoping it wouldn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are you referring to?
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Would post but cannot use spoilers in Tapatalk

All of you will enjoy this...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Adam Sandler's new special is pretty enjoyable if you like his stand up. And surprisingly clean by Adam Sandler's standards.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Also, Joe Rogan's new standup special is fantastic. His best, I think. Not clean at all, though.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    You say that like's it a bad thing.

FTR I agree with DH, except for me it was about halfway through season 2 that the show became repetitive.
    Season 2 was nowhere near as dynamic as season 1. Not as dark, either. I didn't like it as much, but I will watch season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    All of you will enjoy this...

I liked it. Too bad the Today guy had to be there.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Default The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I liked it. Too bad the Today guy had to be there.
    When He tried to say any quotes with cussing. He ruined it.. SMH..
    Dude trying to be one of the cool guys and ends up looking like a dork..

Last edited by dabrockster; 10-30-2018 at 06:13 PM.

“House of Cards” should have died a couple of seasons ago. The wife wants to finish it out but it’s gone beyond stupid.

HoC: On episode 4. Trying to decide if I should keep watching.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Perhaps this is premature, since it won't start streaming until until next Friday, but I'm looking forward to the Coen Brothers' The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.
    It's their first use of digital, and it looks great. Excellent cast as well.

That does look good. Some of those scenes had really cool lighting.

I trudged through HoC.. Wished I hadnít..

Claire stopping to turn and talk to the camera as if she is Frances was stupid. Just like every one of these episodes..

I loved season 1 of Ozark. I agree with the sentiment here on season 2. I'm struggling finishing it and probably won't keep watching after this if there's more. So disappointing. I'm trying to think of where it went wrong for me. I think maybe they tried to go too far or too ambitious with the plot. It's definitely a Breaking Bad knock off. I think maybe it's because Breaking Bad was more subtle and more realistic with how things were unraveling. You can have maybe a handful of Herculean tasks to overcome in a season, with each one pushing you further and further into "breaking bad" territory, but you can't do a handful per episode.

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    I loved season 1 of Ozark. I agree with the sentiment here on season 2. I'm struggling finishing it and probably won't keep watching after this if there's more. So disappointing. I'm trying to think of where it went wrong for me. I think maybe they tried to go too far or too ambitious with the plot. It's definitely a Breaking Bad knock off. I think maybe it's because Breaking Bad was more subtle and more realistic with how things were unraveling. You can have maybe a handful of Herculean tasks to overcome in a season, with each one pushing you further and further into "breaking bad" territory, but you can't do a handful per episode.
    Yeah, I'm trying to finish it up and am really struggling. I think you're spot on about what went wrong, they simply take on too much. In addition they emphasized some of the weaker aspects of the first season.The rogue FBI agent was probably the weakest element of season 1 and for some reason they doubled down on him in season 2. Mrs. Snell was a caricature of a human being in Season 1; they doubled down on her in season 2. The whiny daughter was the least tolerable member of the family in season 1 and we get a double dose of her in season 2. Overall really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    I trudged through HoC.. Wished I hadn’t..

Claire stopping to turn and talk to the camera as if she is Frances was stupid. Just like every one of these episodes..

We finished up last night and it was terrible, almost laughable how bad it was.

we watched new spooky ghost show. was pretty good.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

I used to have this weird OCD 'have to finish the series if I started it' thing going on. Lost cured me of that. I thought the payoff would be worth it despite wanting to check out of the series. That ending pissed me off so bad I said never again. I should have listened to my inner critic saying this is dumb and a waste of my time. So in a way I'm grateful. I've since bailed on Walking Dead, House of Cards, Ozark, Westworld and Better Call Saul. They're just not worth my time.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I used to have this weird OCD 'have to finish the series if I started it' thing going on. Lost cured me of that. I thought the payoff would be worth it despite wanting to check out of the series. That ending pissed me off so bad I said never again. I should have listened to my inner critic saying this is dumb and a waste of my time. So in a way I'm grateful. I've since bailed on Walking Dead, House of Cards, Ozark, Westworld and Better Call Saul. They're just not worth my time.
    Have you seen The Man in the High Castle?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I almost bailed midway through the second season but powered through. Haven't checked out the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I have not.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

That Buster Scruggs thing looks great. I was contemplating pulling the plug on Netflix last month but the kids talked me out of it. Giving Netflix til the end of the year to change my mind.

Man in the High Castle sucks. Made it through about 5 or 6 eps.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    That Buster Scruggs thing looks great. I was contemplating pulling the plug on Netflix last month but the kids talked me out of it. Giving Netflix til the end of the year to change my mind.

Man in the High Castle sucks. Made it through about 5 or 6 eps.
    Yeah, I made it 3-4 episodes and pulled the plug.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster