Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    So I just finished season 3– pretty fun.

Spoiler for “musings”:
    Hey I think there is a chance the brother is alive. At the time he was ‘killed’ the lawyer lady (sorry I’m terrible w names) was already suspect for her shenanigans trying to set up Jason Bateman, and that hitman was one of Navarro’s guys, right? I mean the body was already wrapped and sealed when delivered and they didn’t bother to check. And the actual killing wasn’t shown at all.
    Interesting take. But

Spoiler for “Nah”:
    Nah. He dead.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 05-21-2020, 11:17 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      So I just finished season 3– pretty fun.

Spoiler for “musings”:
      Hey I think there is a chance the brother is alive. At the time he was ‘killed’ the lawyer lady (sorry I’m terrible w names) was already suspect for her shenanigans trying to set up Jason Bateman, and that hitman was one of Navarro’s guys, right? I mean the body was already wrapped and sealed when delivered and they didn’t bother to check. And the actual killing wasn’t shown at all.
      i kind of thought the same thing, but i think ruth's reaction confirmed the outcome
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        i kind of thought the same thing, but i think ruth's reaction confirmed the outcome
        Spoiler for hmm:
        I don't think killing him was a narratively easy decision and it really moved the story and characters forward, which is the best evidence that he's dead, but conversely there are plenty of reasons to believe he was spared, such as lawyer lady's death already in the works, and Navarro having already had given assurances-however diluted- to the Batemans, Navarro already knowing about Ben's 'death' when he talked to Mrs. Bateman, the body being summarily cremated so as to erase the narrative possibility of the 'autopsy' (to confirm his identity), the rift between Ruth and the Batemans that causes Ruth to fall in with the 'bad guys' (knock it off, whoever is about to point out that they are all bad guys) that can be resolved with Ben's reemergence. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in Mexico on lockdown as the loose cannon he is, but also a valuable piece to ensure the Bateman's loyalty, etc etc etc. He was annoying and I thought he might die, but his death's effect on the Batemans and the implications it has on them is pretty devastating to the viewer's relationship with the protagonists. I think he's back next season, if not only to experience a new 'clean' death or shed light on something that 'really' happened at the diner that exculpates the Batemans.
        Last edited by Commando; 05-22-2020, 10:40 AM.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          After Life Season 2 was good.
          really liked this, although it is not particularly light
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I watched Uncut Gems last night. Adam Sandler was pretty great as an actor in it, but OMG talk about unnerving. And they captured the on-edge feeling of watching a basketball game that you have a stake in to a tee.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I also watched Lovebirds. Didn't really watch the preview, so my goodness did that ever take a left turn. Not a bad little flick.

Comment

• I guess I'm on a roll here, so I also watched The Wrong Missy. This is a raunchy comedy starring David Spade in the same vein as Grandma's Boy or Something About Mary. Kind of a boring, labored premise, but I thought it was hilarious and the female lead is so good. Worth a watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I guess I'm on a roll here, so I also watched The Wrong Missy. This is a raunchy comedy starring David Spade in the same vein as Grandma's Boy or Something About Mary. Kind of a boring, labored premise, but I thought it was hilarious and the female lead is so good. Worth a watch.
                  Got about 20 minutes in and couldn't take it anymore. Absolutely horrible movie.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Got about 20 minutes in and couldn't take it anymore. Absolutely horrible movie.
                    Haha the person I was watching with had the same reaction. I guess you have to get past the hump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                      There is very little that interests me on Netflix, but I decided to watch a few Star Trek TNG episodes. To begin with, I'll be watching all of the episodes with Q in them. And now that I'm through the third one in that group I realize that I then need to watch all of the Borg episodes.

Any other particular categories worth watching in STTNG?
                      Absolutely.

The Troi and her mother episodes are pure comedy.

The Geordi and Barkley episodes are great. Hollow Deck is maybe the funniest TNG episode.

The Worf and son episodes are good.

The Lower Decks is a personal favorite.
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                        There is very little that interests me on Netflix, but I decided to watch a few Star Trek TNG episodes. To begin with, I'll be watching all of the episodes with Q in them. And now that I'm through the third one in that group I realize that I then need to watch all of the Borg episodes.

Any other particular categories worth watching in STTNG?
                        Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                        Absolutely.

The Troi and her mother episodes are pure comedy.

The Geordi and Barkley episodes are great. Hollow Deck is maybe the funniest TNG episode.

The Worf and son episodes are good.

The Lower Decks is a personal favorite.
                        Geez. And I thought I was a nerd.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Uncut Gems was 2 hours of pure anxiety. Definitely a memorable film. I watched the first half of The Two Popes last night and thought it was excellent. Looking forward to finishing it up this weekend.

Comment

Uncut Gems was 2 hours of pure anxiety. Definitely a memorable film. I watched the first half of The Two Popes last night and thought it was excellent. Looking forward to finishing it up this weekend.
                            The wife and I really enjoyed the Two Popes. Good character/dialogue movie with two very good actors.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              The wife and I really enjoyed the Two Popes. Good character/dialogue movie with two very good actors.
                              Yes, and easily savored in multiple viewings. It took me a minute to get used to The High Sparrow being a progressive Cardinal but I got there. Question for Spanish speakers: how proficient is Jonathan Pryce's Spanish? Gus Fring taught me that I have no idea whose Spanish is good or bad but Pryce's sounded legit to my ear.

Comment

Yes, and easily savored in multiple viewings. It took me a minute to get used to The High Sparrow being a progressive Cardinal but I got there. Question for Spanish speakers: how proficient is Jonathan Pryce's Spanish? Gus Fring taught me that I have no idea whose Spanish is good or bad but Pryce's sounded legit to my ear.

Pryce's Spanish is much better than Ginacarlo Esposito's, IMO.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X