Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1187

Thread: The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Probably anyone who watched both shows. Or even saw a commercial for JJ.
    When she appeared in BB, I immediately remembered her as the friend in that Isla Fisher movie about the green scarf. The movie was not particularly memorable, but she was.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale is worth watching.
    I am so glad that The Soup is back. Was my guilty pleasure, still is.

I am looking forward to washing dishes on Sunday evenings while everyone goes to bed so I can listen to this as I clean up. The credit songs are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Santa Clarita Diet is pretty awesome. Love Timothy Olyphant as a pot-smoking Californian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Started watching it, and it's hilarious.
    Wish I'd seen these posts last year. The wife and I binged Season 1 last week and started Season 2 last night. So funny.

Joel McHale is awesome, although The Soup was slightly better.

Watched “Take Your Pills” last night. I would not recommend it. I think it’s supposed to be anti-Adderall/Ritalin, but the only thing it made me want to do is start taking it. Some interesting history on amphetamines, but totally disorganized, repetitive, and unfocused. I think the director should have taken some Adderall before making it.

Have we talked about “The End of the F**ing World” yet? Finished that one months ago, and I still think about it every once in a while. An excellent series that is a breeze to get through.
    Last edited by UVACoug; 04-03-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Jim and Andy. Documentary about the making of the Andy Kaufman movie starring Jim Carrey. Both are incredibly fascinating guys. I really enjoyed it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Jim and Andy. Documentary about the making of the Andy Kaufman movie starring Jim Carrey. Both are incredibly fascinating guys. I really enjoyed it.
    I also really enjoyed it.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

It can’t be nearly as good as the ultimate movie about the making a movie.

https://youtu.be/zMFZOu8rDUQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Better Call Saul Season 3 is now available on Netflix!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-Historic Man

Steel Rain, an action thriller, in Korean with subtitles, is a smartly scripted action thriller, starring two apparently well-known South Korean actors, one posing as North Korean officer secretly tasked with killing one faction within the DPK power structure and a wonky South Korean expert on North Korean. The rapport between the two makes the film work, but in between are some designed special effects, and an internal Korean perspective on the conflict and division of the peninsula. Well worth the two hours plus. Moving, insightful yet fun to watch.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

You all need to go watch Wild, Wild Country on Netflix ASAP. 6-hr documentary on Bagwan Shree Ragneesh and his new age religion that located to rural Oregon in the early 80's. It is mesmerizing. Reviews are all very good, and deservedly so.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ers/452238002/
    Just finished it. One of the most fascinating things I’ve ever seen. Amazing story and even better filmmaking. Is it weird that I have crush on Ma Anand Sheela now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Steel Rain, an action thriller, in Korean with subtitles, is a smartly scripted action thriller, starring two apparently well-known South Korean actors, one posing as North Korean officer secretly tasked with killing one faction within the DPK power structure and a wonky South Korean expert on North Korean. The rapport between the two makes the film work, but in between are some designed special effects, and an internal Korean perspective on the conflict and division of the peninsula. Well worth the two hours plus. Moving, insightful yet fun to watch.
    the long awaited sequel to chocolate rain
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

I'll be the wet blanket here. I finished Wild, Wild Country last night. The subject was truly fascinating, but I just didn't think the storytelling, interviewing, editing etc. was all that great. As I said to someone a few days ago, I feel like it took an fascinating social phenomenon and made it into something boring. Which is pretty much the opposite of what I want from a documentary.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 04-06-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Just finished it. One of the most fascinating things I’ve ever seen. Amazing story and even better filmmaking. Is it weird that I have crush on Ma Anand Sheela now?
    Super weird!

She creeped us out.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Super weird!

She creeped us out.
    Haha. I was creeped out by Baghwan, but I though she was incredibly charismatic. Almost certainly a psychopath, but I can see why she had some devotees.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    I'll be the wet blanket here. I finished Wild, Wild Country last night. The subject was truly fascinating, but I just didn't think the storytelling, interviewing, editing etc. was all that great. As I said to someone a few days ago, I feel like it took an fascinating social phenomenon and made it into something boring. Which is pretty much the opposite of what I want from a documentary.
    I thought it was captivating, but there were some flaws. I was trying to figure out why the hell anyone would be so infatuated with Baghwan, and what his “teachings” really were. They could have done a better job explaining that, but I think it may have distracted from the real story they were trying to tell.

I think the comparison to early Mormonism is one that is pretty interesting to consider. Certainly not the same thing, but a lot of interesting parallels.

Here’s an article that gives more detail about the Rajneeshees.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1476...an-imagination

Sounds like it was a lot worse than the Netflix doc made it seem.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Here’s an article that gives more detail about the Rajneeshees.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1476...an-imagination

Sounds like it was a lot worse than the Netflix doc made it seem.
    Crazy.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Pre-Historic Man

Chosen, analogous to the Box, where individuals receive a photo in a box with a gun, instructions to kill the person in the photo in 24 hours, or have their loved ones killed. Moreover, other persons will be hunting the chosen killer. The first episode takes place in Sydney, Australia, principally in Mandarin with broken English now and then. The acting is persuasive, the action intense and an interesting series to say the least.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

UofU/BYU mixed marriage Scott R Nelson's Avatar

There is a new documentary out called Road narrated by Liam Neeson about Joey Dunlop and family who race motorcycles at the Isle of Man. If you like action - real action - these guys are crazy fast. And they had some serious sacrifices to reach the top of the sport.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    That is hilarious.

NDGT is really annoying.

black science man's lack of social awareness is not his fault. we expected him to be carl sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    black science man's lack of social awareness is not his fault. we expected him to be carl sagan.
    No such thing as white man scientist privilege, bro.

I do hate that movie though. It’s horrid.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    I do hate that movie though. It’s horrid.
    he’s the worst and i want to kick the shit out of him every time he talks or tweets

Lost in Space might be the first non-Pixar show that my entire family has enjoyed watching together. My kids (11, 13, 16) are all hooked and keep asking “please, can we watch one more tonight?” We’re on 6 of 10 already and it just came out Friday. Not perfect, but very good.

he’s the worst and i want to kick the shit out of him every time he talks or tweets
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 04-15-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Lost in Space might be the first non-Pixar show that my entire family has enjoyed watching together. My kids (11, 13, 16) are all hooked and keep asking “please, can we watch one more tonight?” We’re on 6 of 10 already and it just came out Friday. Not perfect, but very good.
    On episode 3 and just started last night.... That little Will Robinson kid is a good actor.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Interesting. Why do you suppose the IMDB numbers are so low?