The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. I just watched it b/c I was bored of working. I feel that a bunch of the FEers are in it for the money or recognition and don't really believe that crap. Eg: the guy who makes models of the flat earth. But then some, like the hammer-ball-bouncer-while-he-recites-all-50-state-names-and-periodic-table-of-elements guy comes across as dumb and insane enough to sincerely believe.

Mark Sargent, the guy who is the face of the flat earth movement, seems like a real piece of work. He wears a T-shirt that says "I am Mark Sargent" and then acts surprised when people "recognize" him on the street.
    Yeah, the Mark Sargent guy is clearly basking in his newfound celeb status and probably making a killing with his YouTube channel, etc. Ditto for the ginger youtube dingbat.

I thought it was hilarious when one of the flat-earthers said something like, "None of us are losers living in our mother's basement" yet their leader (Mark Sargent) is clearly living with his mother.

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    I wonder if anybody has ever seen him and Dehlin in the same room together? And the crazy cat youtuber lady is like the FE Joanna Brooks maybe?
    Haha.

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    Not surprising how the FEers also disbelieve/are against: evolution, age of the Earth/dinosaurs, vaccinations, and GMOs. One interesting aspect was that these people are so paranoid that they are constantly turning against each other. For example, both Sargent and crazy cat youtuber lady were accused by other FEers to be CIA plants to steer the FE community in the wrong direction.
    Ginger youtube chick was carrying on about the crazy conspiracy theories about her right after she pretty much said she believes all the major conspiracy theories out there. Then she said something about honestly analyzing the evidence. Oh boy. So much irony.

That former NASA artist seemed mentally ill.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Yeah, the Mark Sargent guy is clearly basking in his newfound celeb status and probably making a killing with his YouTube channel, etc. Ditto for the ginger youtube dingbat.

I thought it was hilarious when one of the flat-earthers said something like, "None of us are losers living in our mother's basement" yet their leader (Mark Sargent) is clearly living with his mother.
      Don't forget how Sargent got friend-zoned hard by youtube ginger cat lady! Classic.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• In Order of Disappearance. Norwegian flick about a grieving dad getting revenge on the local mafia/drug boss. Gruesome in spots, but overall I really liked it. Beautiful setting. Some dark humor.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

In Order of Disappearance. Norwegian flick about a grieving dad getting revenge on the local mafia/drug boss. Gruesome in spots, but overall I really liked it. Beautiful setting. Some dark humor.
          Sounds just like "cold pursuit" which was pretty entertaining as well

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
            Sounds just like "cold pursuit" which was pretty entertaining as well
            WTH?

Looks like Cold Pursuit is another one of those pointless remakes of a perfectly good foreign film so that americans don't have to read subtitles. Pass.

I see they did the same thing with The Intouchables (US version = The Upside) recently. That bugs me.

Comment

In Order of Disappearance. Norwegian flick about a grieving dad getting revenge on the local mafia/drug boss. Gruesome in spots, but overall I really liked it. Beautiful setting. Some dark humor.
              With the missus away (thereby removing any constraints regarding cinematic violence, of which there's a LOT), I enjoyed this last night. A bit of a Norwegian Tarantino vibe to it, with several lols at surprising moments. BTW, one can watch it with English dubbing but it was horrible; go with the subtitles, even though you can't look away from the screen or you may miss some key dialogue. It really isn't a comedy, but I'm still laughing about the final scene.
              Spoiler for a key element of the final scene:
              You knew the snowblower was going to see some action eventually...

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                Russian Doll is kind of a trip, like if Groundhog Day dropped acid. The lead (who I think is also the show's creator) was a bit annoying at times, but overall it was an interesting metaphysical, time loop, multi-dimensional series with a splash of crazy. Reminded me a bit of reading Murakami.
                Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                Reviews coming in for Russian Doll are good:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/a...ix-review.html

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...131-story.html

I'm going to be watching it for a second time this weekend. My wife didn't join me the first time around, and since she learned the show had an all female writer's room she wants to binge it.
                I really enjoyed this. Going to watch again within the next couple of months. Natasha Lyonne was one of the best parts of OITNB before it began to suck (I stopped watching after 4 seasons, i think). She is great in this.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• new f1 documentary is amazing
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

WTH?

Looks like Cold Pursuit is another one of those pointless remakes of a perfectly good foreign film so that americans don't have to read subtitles. Pass.

I see they did the same thing with The Intouchables (US version = The Upside) recently. That bugs me.
                    Cold Pursuit was done by the same director, so it ended up being a decent film as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      new f1 documentary is amazing
                      Watched the first episode tonight. Brutal first race for Haas.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm about 1/2 way through The Haunting of Hill House, starring Elliott from ET. It's well made and entertaining so far. Anybody else watched it?
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

WTH?

Idk... I was killing some time and decided to go see it having no knowledge what it was about or that it was originally a Norwegian film. I just thought it was entertaining. I mainly go to movies to be entertained but maybe that's just me.
                          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                            Idk... I was killing some time and decided to go see it having no knowledge what it was about or that it was originally a Norwegian film. I just thought it was entertaining. I mainly go to movies to be entertained but maybe that's just me.
                            That was not directed at you. Just a rant based my pet peeve of remaking foreign films.

Comment

• The Dawn Wall is excellent. Documentary about the two guys who were the first to free-climb the Dawn Wall on El Capitan back in 2015. Different kind of climb than what that crazy Honnold dude did, but still incredible and fun to watch. Really interesting personal stories and very likable guys.

Comment

• The new Stranger Things 3 Trailer is out.

And I gotta say.. It looks freaking spectacular!! And the soundtrack alone is pure awesomeness..

https://youtu.be/08SNcqFbs8k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X