The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
    I've enjoyed movies and series based on the Marvel comics, so after finishing all of the episodes of The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I started looking over the Netflix menu for other series. Iron Fist was interesting, but I sort of lost interest after about half a dozen episodes, planning to eventually finish it. Then I started on Daredevil for about another half dozen episodes. Moving on to Defenders I realized that it ties a bunch of other series together: Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. So I had to go back and start watching those last two and now I think I'm hooked on all five. Here is a quick summary of what each of them are about, in case you think you might be interested in them.

Iron Fist - Danny Rand, the son of a billionaire founder of a drug company survives a plane crash (that kills his parents) somewhere up in the Himalayas resembling Shangri La, trains in martial arts for ten years, then comes back to New York. The big villian is an evil ancient organization and he is the chosen one to stop them. However, the people running his father's company are also villians that he must fight. His super power, other than amazing martial arts skills, is that when things really get tough his hand starts glowing and he does serious damage to anything that he hits.

Daredevil - A kid gets blinded in some sort of car crash that kills his parents. The crash has something to do with toxic or radioactive chemicals that give him enhanced abilities so that even though he can't see, it's like he has more than sight and can use his martial arts skills to fight evil in the Hell's Kitchen area (Irish neighborhood). I'm not sure I've identified a specific villian that he fights. The series starts just after he graduates from law school and starts a law practice with his best friend Foggy Nelson. Somewhere around the fourth or fifth episode it is explaines how he developed his skills.

Luke Cage - A guy gets out of prison, having super strength and bullet proof skin. He goes around Harlem trying to get rid of bad guys. The villian is a local gangster and his politician cousin. The fourth episode explains where his powers come from.

Jessica Jones - A New York private investigator who is almost as strong as Luke Cage, likes to drink cheap whiskey, and curses a lot. The villian is some British guy who is very good at mind control. I still don't know how she got her powers. This is the series that I've enjoyed the most for some reason. She knows Luke Cage and this series seems to come after the whole Luke Cage series.

Defenders - The whole gang gets together, but it takes about four episodes of them fighting evil as well as each other before they finally come together to help fight the people that Iron Fist has been fighting all along.
    If you haven't discovered Daredevil's villain yet, you haven't watched much of the first season. Plus, he's a classic bad guy in that universe.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I've enjoyed movies and series based on the Marvel comics, so after finishing all of the episodes of The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I started looking over the Netflix menu for other series. Iron Fist was interesting, but I sort of lost interest after about half a dozen episodes, planning to eventually finish it. Then I started on Daredevil for about another half dozen episodes. Moving on to Defenders I realized that it ties a bunch of other series together: Iron Fist, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones. So I had to go back and start watching those last two and now I think I'm hooked on all five. Here is a quick summary of what each of them are about, in case you think you might be interested in them.

Iron Fist - Danny Rand, the son of a billionaire founder of a drug company survives a plane crash (that kills his parents) somewhere up in the Himalayas resembling Shangri La, trains in martial arts for ten years, then comes back to New York. The big villian is an evil ancient organization and he is the chosen one to stop them. However, the people running his father's company are also villians that he must fight. His super power, other than amazing martial arts skills, is that when things really get tough his hand starts glowing and he does serious damage to anything that he hits.

Daredevil - A kid gets blinded in some sort of car crash that kills his parents. The crash has something to do with toxic or radioactive chemicals that give him enhanced abilities so that even though he can't see, it's like he has more than sight and can use his martial arts skills to fight evil in the Hell's Kitchen area (Irish neighborhood). I'm not sure I've identified a specific villian that he fights. The series starts just after he graduates from law school and starts a law practice with his best friend Foggy Nelson. Somewhere around the fourth or fifth episode it is explaines how he developed his skills.

Luke Cage - A guy gets out of prison, having super strength and bullet proof skin. He goes around Harlem trying to get rid of bad guys. The villian is a local gangster and his politician cousin. The fourth episode explains where his powers come from.

Jessica Jones - A New York private investigator who is almost as strong as Luke Cage, likes to drink cheap whiskey, and curses a lot. The villian is some British guy who is very good at mind control. I still don't know how she got her powers. This is the series that I've enjoyed the most for some reason. She knows Luke Cage and this series seems to come after the whole Luke Cage series.

Defenders - The whole gang gets together, but it takes about four episodes of them fighting evil as well as each other before they finally come together to help fight the people that Iron Fist has been fighting all along.
      Dude you're watching these all out of order.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        If you haven't discovered Daredevil's villain yet, you haven't watched much of the first season. Plus, he's a classic bad guy in that universe.
        After watching approximately 15 episodes of all the others since the last Daredevil episode, I might have just forgotten. And I know the order has been screwed up. But I had no way to know at the beginning what the proper order was. Other than Luke Cage, then Jessica Jones, then Defenders, I still don't know the right order for the other two.

Comment

After watching approximately 15 episodes of all the others since the last Daredevil episode, I might have just forgotten. And I know the order has been screwed up. But I had no way to know at the beginning what the proper order was. Other than Luke Cage, then Jessica Jones, then Defenders, I still don't know the right order for the other two.
          Here, I googled it for you.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...s-release-date
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Well, if Netflix/Marvel intended you to watch them in the the order they released them, then it would go Daredevil, then Jessica Jones, then Luke Cage. Might be something in between JJ and Cage. But JJ definitely came out before Luke Cage did.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I don't imagine that the Netflix-Disney relationship will last any longer than it has to. With the Disney-Fox merger, Disney acquired another 30% of Hulu -- now it owns 60% of it.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

After watching approximately 15 episodes of all the others since the last Daredevil episode, I might have just forgotten.
                Oh yeah. Just five minutes of the next Daredevil episode and now I remember the villain, the bald Wilson Fisk, head of Union Allied Construction.

Apparently if you don't want any clues given away, you have to watch the shows by season in the order they were released. I won't be doing it that way, though, because sometimes I feel like watching a certain character.

Anyway, hopefully some of you who haven't already watched all of the Marvel stuff on Netflix might now feel like getting started on it, if that's the sort of thing that you like.

Comment

• Netflix going up to $13.99/mo in January. Still worth it, but I'm beginning to pine for the days when it was $7.99/mo. and included DVDs by mail.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I had no idea until this morning that more Black Mirror episodes were going to be released tomorrow. That show is up there with Narcos and Stranger Things.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

...Here is a quick summary of what each of them are about, in case you think you might be interested in them.

Iron Fist -

Daredevil -

Luke Cage -

Jessica Jones -

Defenders -
                      Looks like I missed The Punisher. He shows up in the second season of Daredevil. One more series on my watch list now. I think I'm covered for the next few months.

Comment

Looks like I missed The Punisher. He shows up in the second season of Daredevil. One more series on my watch list now. I think I'm covered for the next few months.
                        The punisher is the latest one to come out. Might not even have been out when you wrote that list.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Dark, a German show, was really good. The fact I understood much or most of it without subtitles may have made it better for me than it would be for many viewers that don't understand German.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            Dark, a German show, was really good. The fact I understood much or most of it without subtitles may have made it better for me than it would be for many viewers that don't understand German.
                            I haven't finished it yet, but I like the start of it.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Dark, a German show, was really good. The fact I understood much or most of it without subtitles may have made it better for me than it would be for many viewers that don't understand German.
                              I don't understand German but I liked it.
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Probably already been mentioned, but WWII in Color is a pretty engrossing series. Really helping supplement my knowledge of the conflict - especially on the Eastern Front and the Pacific Theater.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X