The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Oedipus Rex? Hated it! Strange comment though.
    It was a (lame) joke about Joan being the mother figure of the show. Except interestingly for don. Peggy morphed from protege, to friend, to at the end his motherly confidant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      I don't count Joan as among the 15 most attractive women in the series,.
      does ur wife know ur gay
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        Trudy is my clear #1. Sylvia Rosen is my definite #2.

After seeing Hot Tub Time Machine, Megan is the runaway winner in the boob category. We're talking Secretariat at the Belmont number of lengths here.
        sylvia rosen?!?
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          But I suppose i'm in the minority here, because I don't count Joan as among the 15 most attractive women in the series,
          Wtf? You can't be serious here?

Comment

• Define "most attractive."

If it means what I think it means - the Joan option is a great option - if not the best option.

Although I kind of thought the school teacher had a certain charm I found inspiring.

Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-27-2019, 03:28 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Off the top of my head:

1) Beth- girl Pete has an affair with
              2) Sally's Teacher- Don has affair with
              3) Betty- the non-depressed, non food addicted one
              4) Girl who has an gets with Harry Crane on his couch as the New Years (?) party
              5) Real Estate Agent in CA, Pete hooks up with
              6) Girl Don hooks up with in Beverly Hills
              7) Trudy
              8) Jane - Roger's secretary wife
              9) Helen Bishop
              10) Meredith- her vapid smile combined with her trying to "comfort" Don made her one my favorite small characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                sylvia rosen?!?
                Nobody likes Linda Cardellini?

I also forgot about the girl from Rectify, she would also be a solid #2.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  Nobody likes Linda Cardellini?

I also forgot about the girl from Rectify, she would also be a solid #2.
                  Never watched mad men, but Linda Cardellini is a favorite of mine across all genres (except Scooby Doo).
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                    Wtf? You can't be serious here?
                    She's about 100 pounds and one whole foot too big for DH.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Anyone watch Maniac with Jonah Hill and Emma Stone? A bit of a slow start, but I really liked the ending. Made by Cary Fukunaga, who is brilliant. Definitely weird, but worth a watch in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                        Anyone watch Maniac with Jonah Hill and Emma Stone? A bit of a slow start, but I really liked the ending. Made by Cary Fukunaga, who is brilliant. Definitely weird, but worth a watch in my opinion.
                        It was definitely weird but I liked it. Very imaginative. I too liked the way it ended. Kind of hopeful.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Watched Highway Men and enjoyed it. Not sure if it was this thread or somewhere else that panned it. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. I liked how little time was spent on Bonnie and Clyde, and it emphasized how brutal they were. Most movies/articles glamorize B&C like 1930s Robin Hoods.

Might have to go back and pick up Maniac. I checked out after an episode and a half.

Comment

• Always be My Maybe-- Funny little romcom -- surprisingly funny, I'd say. Starring that cute asian girl who was pregnant for her comedy special- can't remember her name...
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Always be My Maybe-- Funny little romcom -- surprisingly funny, I'd say. Starring that cute asian girl who was pregnant for her comedy special- can't remember her name...
                              Ali Wong. Pregnant for BOTH of her comedy specials.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                Watched Highway Men and enjoyed it. Not sure if it was this thread or somewhere else that panned it. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. I liked how little time was spent on Bonnie and Clyde, and it emphasized how brutal they were. Most movies/articles glamorize B&C like 1930s Robin Hoods.

I liked it too and for the same reasons. Glad to see B&C portrayed in popular culture as the monsters they were.

Comment

Working...
                                X