• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    I had no idea. That’s pretty cool.
    Fascinating, and not noticed.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Definitely checking out Lost in Space. (I never saw any iteration of the show before if you don't count the Muppet Show's 'Pigs in Space.')
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I have really enjoyed Lost In Space. On episode 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Being the slave to CS trends and pop culture that I am, I took the plunge and watched the first two episodes of LoS last night, and I’m in, at least for now. I watched the original series (I was 13 when it first aired) and the revival version is better. The characters have more depth (although June Lockhart and Marta Kristen were hotter, a piggish observation that demonstrates depth isn’t all that important to me). Netflix obviously spent a bundle on this. I was borderline during the first episode until the reveal about the state of the Robinsons’ marriage. That and the interesting relationships between the parents and kids may hold my interest. There may be a theme developing about how parents, unfamiliar with new machines or tech (the robot), deal with kids who are more advanced than their elders, a tension I can relate to.

The robot is also more interesting than the goofy (if entertaining) original with its arms always flapping around whenever danger was near. When the new robot finally uttered the inevitable, “Danger Will Robinson,” I was very pleased.

And Parker Posey is well-suited to play the devious Dr. Smith. She’s a fine actress, but has annoyed me considerably in nearly every role she’s played (e.g., Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, etc.).

Mrs. PAC hung it up after the first episode, retiring to her end of the house, preferring to join Team Lebowski in observing, “It’s okay, but not worth my time.”

Comment

• I had a slow weekend - and ended up watching the whole damn series in 4 days. Watching it so compactly over a short period of time kept my ambers burning and I found I was anticipating the trajectory of the story... Sure somethings were forced... but overall I really felt it was done well. That kid who played Will Robinson... I bet he was a pleasant surprise to the production crew. I found the solution of escape from the tar pit rather ingenious. Didn't see that coming. Parker Posey looks kind of like the old Dr. Smith... and that helped out a lot.

Overall - it had a good beat, was easy to dance to, I'd give a 3.76.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              That kid who played Will Robinson... I bet he was a pleasant surprise to the production crew.
              He reminded me of the way I felt about Haley Joel Osment when I saw The Sixth Sense. I was like “that kid is gonna be a star!” Of course I can’t name anything he’s been in since. But yeah, this kid seems like he’ll have plenty of work waiting for him after this.

Comment

He reminded me of the way I felt about Haley Joel Osment when I saw The Sixth Sense. I was like “that kid is gonna be a star!” Of course I can’t name anything he’s been in since. But yeah, this kid seems like he’ll have plenty of work waiting for him after this.
                The Entourage Movie. Hello....

Lol.

Comment

• last season of silicon valley?
                  Last edited by Flystripper; 04-19-2018, 03:40 PM.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Have you tried Chosen, Chinese in Australia version of the Box? I believe you would enjoy it. It's not for kids in that violence is the name of the game, sorta.
                    Last edited by Topper; 04-19-2018, 09:12 PM.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Being the slave to CS trends and pop culture that I am, I took the plunge and watched the first two episodes of LoS last night, and I’m in, at least for now. I watched the original series (I was 13 when it first aired) and the revival version is better. The characters have more depth (although June Lockhart and Marta Kristen were hotter, a piggish observation that demonstrates depth isn’t all that important to me). Netflix obviously spent a bundle on this. I was borderline during the first episode until the reveal about the state of the Robinsons’ marriage. That and the interesting relationships between the parents and kids may hold my interest. There may be a theme developing about how parents, unfamiliar with new machines or tech (the robot), deal with kids who are more advanced than their elders, a tension I can relate to.

The robot is also more interesting than the goofy (if entertaining) original with its arms always flapping around whenever danger was near. When the new robot finally uttered the inevitable, “Danger Will Robinson,” I was very pleased.

And Parker Posey is well-suited to play the devious Dr. Smith. She’s a fine actress, but has annoyed me considerably in nearly every role she’s played (e.g., Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, etc.).

Mrs. PAC hung it up after the first episode, retiring to her end of the house, preferring to join Team Lebowski in observing, “It’s okay, but not worth my time.”
                      As you watch, I believe you will enjoy the development of the Don West character too.

Comment

• Just watched episode 1 of Lost in Space with my kids. The first half was pretty boring, but it got better and we enjoyed it. My 9 year old loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          What particularly about Iron Fist was a dumpster fire, in your estimation?
                          I just now saw this....

The show didn't flow as well as the other Marvel shows, in my opinion. The main character doesn't seem like a very good actor. Just something about him that grates on me is all.

Comment

• Parker Posey gives me the heebs in every scene she is in. But I'm digging the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              I just now saw this....

The show didn't flow as well as the other Marvel shows, in my opinion. The main character doesn't seem like a very good actor. Just something about him that grates on me is all.
                              Yes, Iron Fist is the only one of the Marvel serieses [sic] that I was unable to finish. Just couldn't make myself watch the rest of those episodes.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                                I just now saw this....

He was the weakest part of the cast, with many of the supporting cast members being much better actors. Also I agree with your comments about the overall flow and story telling.

Comment

Working...
                                X