No announcement yet.

The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really liked Ripley. An article came across my Google feed on my phone where people disliked the show because it was in black and white. I strongly disagree, this show looks amazing and the cinematography is Oscar worthy. Black and white shows light contrasts in ways that color can't, and this is something that works great with film noir.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      I really liked Ripley. An article came across my Google feed on my phone where people disliked the show because it was in black and white. I strongly disagree, this show looks amazing and the cinematography is Oscar worthy. Black and white shows light contrasts in ways that color can't, and this is something that works great with film noir.
      I like the black and white as well. I'm only on the second episode, and I'm liking it. It took me a while to stop trying to compare Andrew Scott to Matt Damon, but Scott's interpretation of Tom Ripley is so different than Matt Damon's that I finally got over it. I look forward to watching the rest of the season.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        I really liked Ripley. An article came across my Google feed on my phone where people disliked the show because it was in black and white. I strongly disagree, this show looks amazing and the cinematography is Oscar worthy. Black and white shows light contrasts in ways that color can't, and this is something that works great with film noir.
        I'm two episodes in but already consider it one of the most beautifully shot pieces of film/television I've seen in years.

Comment

• I'm watching that tv series by Vince Staples. It's pretty good. It's supposed to be a comedy series but it's definitely not 'ha ha' funny. Vince Staples continues to be an interesting dude.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

I'm two episodes in but already consider it one of the most beautifully shot pieces of film/television I've seen in years.
            I finished it over the weekend. Absolutely loved it. I've never had such an urge to visit Italy, but only if it's in the 50's and in black and white.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• The Gentlemen was great.

Has anyone watched 3 Body Problem? The opening scene was incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                No. I am kind of interested. I read that it is based on a best-selling book in China, but Chinese folks are upset with the Netflix version for some reason.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

No. I am kind of interested. I read that it is based on a best-selling book in China, but Chinese folks are upset with the Netflix version for some reason.
                  Some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

LOL I watched the first episode, which begins with a public execution by an anti-government protestor. It was a bit much, so I'm not super interested in continuing the show (I much prefer the cartoon violence of Fallout on Prime). I'm glad those Commies don't like it.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      The Gentlemen was great.

I watched it.

I’ve read 2 of the 3 books, not a lot of appetite to finish the third book and was hoping the series would just finish it for me so I don’t have to read the source material.

I thought it was good.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post

I watched it.

I’ve read 2 of the 3 books, not a lot of appetite to finish the third book and was hoping the series would just finish it for me so I don’t have to read the source material.

I thought it was good.
                        I got 1/2 way through the 2nd book and got so bored. Rarely do I not finish a book, but man, he lost his way.

Comment

Working...
                        X