No announcement yet.

The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched that 4-part Jeffrey Epstein doc. Yikes. I didn't know Alan Dershowitz, who participated in the documentary, is alleged to have gotten personally involved in the sexual abuse. One of the victims says 'oh yeah he raped me about 7 times that I specifically remember..." It's not a particularly scintillating or well-done documentary like The Last Dance, but gives a full view of that whole case if you're curious.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      Coming Monday is a new documentary called “Trial by Media”.

This looks really fascinating, considering our current situation.

I plan to watch this one..
      This is really interesting. We just watched the one about the bar room rape case in New Bedford, Ma. Unreal and tragic story. I can see why so many women don't report rape. Not sure it is ever worth it at an individual level.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Just watched that 4-part Jeffrey Epstein doc. Yikes. I didn't know Alan Dershowitz, who participated in the documentary, is alleged to have gotten personally involved in the sexual abuse. One of the victims says 'oh yeah he raped me about 7 times that I specifically remember..." It's not a particularly scintillating or well-done documentary like The Last Dance, but gives a full view of that whole case if you're curious.
        Just finished this. Crazy the way Epstein was able to run a molestation pyramid scheme from girls out of West Palm Beach junior high and high schools and get away with it for so long.

Also crazy that Ghislaine Maxwell isn’t in prison. I guess she is basically in permanent hiding. That lady needs to be thrown in jail as soon as she surfaces.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          Just finished this. Crazy the way Epstein was able to run a molestation pyramid scheme from girls out of West Palm Beach junior high and high schools and get away with it for so long.

Also crazy that Ghislaine Maxwell isn’t in prison. I guess she is basically in permanent hiding. That lady needs to be thrown in jail as soon as she surfaces.

I thought the series was fascinating and disturbing. Ghislaine and certainly many others need to be prosecuted. So many interesting elements, including (i) Dershowitz daring Virginia Roberts Giuffre to accuse him of having had sex with her, followed by her doing just that, and doing so pretty credibly, (ii) Epstein's obviously phenomenally voracious and perverse sexual appetite, (iii) Prince Andrew being exposed as a pedophile, (iv) the likely existence of videographic evidence of sexual assaults by dozens of perpetrators, and (v) Bill Clinton obviously lying about the extent of his association with Epstein.

BTW, in the late '80s I attended a closing dinner in a private dining area of the Carnelian Room atop the Bank of America Building in SF, hosted by Robert Maxwell (scumbag media magnate who died four years later under mysterious circumstances and was the inspiration for the Elliott Carver character in Tomorrow Never Dies) and two of his daughters, including Ghislaine. Where they were sitting is now the location of filsdepac's desk.

Comment

• I watched Space Force. Hard not to like it with such a killer cast-- John Malkovich, Steve Carrell, Ben Schwarz, Lisa Kudrow, etc. Goofy show about our goofiest branch of the military.

[exterior shot within a military base, uniformed officers scooting along to meetings as a group of cadets jog past in work out fatigues]

Cadets: I DON'T KNOW BUT I'VE BEEN TOLD..... OUTER SPACE IS MIGHTY COLD

This is a real government run site:

https://www.spaceforce.mil

The Netflix spoof series is almost too on the nose to be funny.
            Last edited by Commando; 06-01-2020, 04:18 PM.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Looks like Carol Baskin wins in the end.. she is getting the land but not taking the animals. So much for a Big Cat lover..

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/us/ca...rnd/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So I watched S1 of Ozark when it came out and I really liked it. I didn't watch S2 because several of you said it was awful. Now you are saying that S3 is great so I am working my way through S2 and what in the hell were you guys talking about? S2 is a fine season.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  So I watched S1 of Ozark when it came out and I really liked it. I didn't watch S2 because several of you said it was awful. Now you are saying that S3 is great so I am working my way through S2 and what in the hell were you guys talking about? S2 is a fine season.
                  I thought so, too.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    I watched Space Force. Hard not to like it with such a killer cast-- John Malkovich, Steve Carrell, Ben Schwarz, Lisa Kudrow, etc. Goofy show about our goofiest branch of the military.

[exterior shot within a military base, uniformed officers scooting along to meetings as a group of cadets jog past in work out fatigues]

Cadets: I DON'T KNOW BUT I'VE BEEN TOLD..... OUTER SPACE IS MIGHTY COLD

This is a real government run site:

https://www.spaceforce.mil

The Netflix spoof series is almost too on the nose to be funny.
                    John Malkovich is so good in this. Great show!

Comment

So I watched S1 of Ozark when it came out and I really liked it. I didn't watch S2 because several of you said it was awful. Now you are saying that S3 is great so I am working my way through S2 and what in the hell were you guys talking about? S2 is a fine season.
                      I don't think it was 'awful,' I just wasn't necessarily jonesing for more after it was done.

Comment

If you thought S2 was good, S3 is going to blow your mind!

FWIW.. I enjoyed S2, just did not like sudden turn of a character. Seemed unbelievable to me..

Comment

• The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          This is really interesting. We just watched the one about the bar room rape case in New Bedford, Ma. Unreal and tragic story. I can see why so many women don't report rape. Not sure it is ever worth it at an individual level.
                          I just finished the one titled “The Subway Vigilante”. It is the story of Bernie Goetz who shot 4 black youth and was acquitted of all charges except gun possession. His confession was crazy bad but the argument was if he was in fear of his life and a racist.

I look at that situation and it is crazy to think what the response would be in our current climate.

What was equally interesting to watch was the support of the “Guardian Angels” who were fighting the crimes of NY. Many African Americans were part of that organization and can be seen protecting Bernie Goetz.

I wonder how those individuals think about the current problems we see for African Americans.

I also wonder if we will ever get to a point of healing. It seems something happens that causes an explosion and then it simmers down until the next Killing of a African American . Then it explodes into more protests with an increase in looting and other actions.

Will Law Enforcement ever be able to be looked upon differently in our country. Has there ever been a more diverse/divide than now (Sadly, I have found myself saying this over the last decade and I keep getting proven wrong..)?

Last edited by dabrockster; 06-05-2020, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• The wife and I just finished S1 of Broadchurch. I think they got carried away with the feints, but still a fine british whodunit. Good characters and good acting. Olivia Colman is great, as always.

Comment

The wife and I just finished S1 of Broadchurch. I think they got carried away with the feints, but still a fine british whodunit. Good characters and good acting. Olivia Colman is great, as always.
                              "MILLAH!"

We finished all the seasons a few months ago. Still more feints, but very entertaining.

Have you watched Hinterland? That was good as well. Who knew there were so many sickos in Wales.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• If you liked Broadchurch (which is good), check out Happy Valley (also streaming on Netflix). It's even better, in my opinion (although it's been a few years since I've seen either). Top of the Lake is also a good one in that genre (produced by Jane Campion, starring Elisabeth Moss, filmed in New Zealand). It streams on Hulu I believe. The cinematography on Season 1 of Top of The Lake is some of the best I've ever seen on television.

Comment

Working...
                                X