The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Not sure what the standard is here, but I'd say "probably." There's a little rough language, and one brief sex scene, but Mrs. PAC wasn't bothered. The series is produced by Christian TV moguls Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
    Great question. She loathes the "F" word, so it's appearance more than once really grates on her. She'll tolerate a steamy scene if the story is compelling enough, or in a context I guess that she enjoys (oh how many times I noted her inconsistency while we watched Poldark, of which she is a big fan).

I'll go with "probably" and see how it goes.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      I know it's obvs the wrong thread, but was that kid in the spelling bee a few years back? I swear I remember a Green River motel kid being in the bee....
      Yes, he made it to the finals in DC

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        That is the Stephen King adaption. It will probably suck even though the book was pretty good.
        I watched first three episodes. Started out very promising, on par with the best of True Detective. After three episodes, I'm starting to lose interest and might not finish because...
        Spoiler for spoiler:
        1. supernatural elements. it started out with a really interesting premise with the jason bateman character seemingly taunting police while having an alibi set up. would have been more interesting if there was naturalistic explanation. supernatural for me is just meh, usually. 2. Jason Bateman's killed off in the second episode

Comment

• Medical Police is ridiculously stupid and hilarious. Definitely recommend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            I really enjoyed The Spy with Sacha Baron Cohen. I've never seen him a dramatic role before, i thought he was excellent. The story of Eli Cohen (no relation) is fascinating. After the series was over I read several articles about Eli, I had no idea he is still considered an Israeli hero. For anyone who hasn't seen it, I would recommend checking it out. it is well worth the watch
            Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
            ha, I watched the whole thing and loved the series, but it didn't even dawn on me that the lead actor was Sacha Baron Cohen. He did a magnificent job.
            Started this. Nice slow burn. I'm halfway through (3 episodes of 6). Sacha Baron Cohen is excellent.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              That movie was a slow burn. Martin could have used an editor or two. I enjoyed it quite a bit but it was 60 minutes too long. Also, the denouement was pretty weak.
              AGree fully. I really liked the film but also felt it really needed to be edited.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Locke & Key is a lot of fun. Have enjoyed watching with my teenagers. Based on a graphic novel and reminds me of both Umbrella Academy and Good Omens. I think Steven King's son, Joe Hill, is one of the writers of both the graphic novels and some episodes of the show.

Comment

• So this new Dracula series is a lot of fun. There are three parts to it-- the first was SO SO good, the second was pretty interesting and fun, and the third was kind of a dud tbh.

That actor they got to play Dracula is about pitch perfect, and so is the nun Agatha. Check out at least the first one -- it's a lot of fun.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                    Locke & Key is a lot of fun. Have enjoyed watching with my teenagers. Based on a graphic novel and reminds me of both Umbrella Academy and Good Omens. I think Steven King's son, Joe Hill, is one of the writers of both the graphic novels and some episodes of the show.
                    I enjoyed the graphic novels. They were fun.

Comment

• Don't F*** with Cats

True crime documentary. 3 episodes and I've only watched the first 2. I knew nothing about the story. It is intriguing and incredibly messed up

Comment

Don't F*** with Cats

True crime documentary. 3 episodes and I've only watched the first 2. I knew nothing about the story. It is intriguing and incredibly messed up
                        Most definitely. Crazy story.
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Don't F*** with Cats

Oh man. It just gets crazier and crazier.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Don't F*** with Cats

I had no intention of watching this, but it started playing after I turned on Netflix but was distracted buy my kid. It's bonkers.

Comment

• Finished the last episode... Man... F'd up stuff.

Comment

• I just got notification from Netflix that Narcos is ready to go again....

I'll have to check out the cats thingie...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X