No announcement yet.

The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I had taken a video of my youngest kids reactions on Sunday after church when I told them that season 3 of Fuller House was out. We binged 4-5 episodes. I'm not gonna lie, I liked Full House as a kid and like Fuller House as an adult. It is stupid and corny, but it is a fun watch that almost all of my family loves.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Armenag View Post
      Maybe the best original Netflix show I've seen. Very well put together.
      This was pretty dang great and the premise held up surprisingly well throughout the 6(ish?) episodes. It's especially hilarious if you, like me, listened to the Serial series. Same tone, music, narrative style.

Dylan (or the guy who plays him) is a masterpiece. My favorite is when he is introduced to Ms. Shapiro's repairs invoice from the mechanic that shows the tire was punctured, not slashed and he does his little mock victory blunt/stride into class for his friends. It's the little touches like his friends' reactions that floor me.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I just finished the last episode of The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I sort of became obsessed with it toward the end. I know that it originally was shown on ABC, but I never watch network TV. Nice that it was available on Netflix, and that I could watch the episodes in order anytime I wanted.

Now I guess I'll have to go back to watching House of Cards or something.

Comment

• I'm a season and a half into Longmire, and I like it, but I'm not exactly sure why. My therapist thinks its because the main character is basically a Ranier beer-drinking, rural sheriff version of Mitt Romney.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• See One of Us, a Netflix original focusing upon the insular NYC Hasidic community, using the lives of three individuals who seek to escape the community. It is very somber, but poignant. For LDS, it might even reveal what it feels like for some members to break from the community.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Netflix pulls the plug on House of Cards after Spacey allegations surface.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Netflix pulls the plug on House of Cards after Spacey allegations surface.
                They are also reassuring the production staff that Spacey is not on the set (season 6 production is going right now). Yowza.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  I'm a season and a half into Longmire, and I like it, but I'm not exactly sure why. My therapist thinks its because the main character is basically a Ranier beer-drinking, rural sheriff version of Mitt Romney.
                  I like Longmire too. It's been a fun show to watch - there are some interesting twists and turns ahead for you.

Unfortunately I don't have a therapist to tell me why.

Comment

• Finally diving into Stranger Things 2. Not as good as the original for me so far but still fun. Seems to be scarier for the kids this time around. My youngest (11) watched season 1 without any problems. Tapped out of season two with 4 episodes to go scared out of her mind and texted us from her room asking us to pray for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      Finally diving into Stranger Things 2. Not as good as the original for me so far but still fun. Seems to be scarier for the kids this time around. My youngest (11) watched season 1 without any problems. Tapped out of season two with 4 episodes to go scared out of her mind and texted us from her room asking us to pray for her.
                      ? I don't remember it being that scary.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        ? I don't remember it being that scary.
                        I didn't get it either, but I'm assuming it has something to do with her being 11. She seems to have difficulty seeing Will suffering.

Comment

• Finished ST2. Its awesome. For me it was definitely on par with ST1. It was a little more violent and scary than the first season. Demodogs are more scary than anything in ST1.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• They're going to keep Steve around even though he's graduating this year -- I imagine the next season will take place around Christmas time and he'll be back during the break from college. Although it came out in 1984, Gremlins is a movie that takes place around Christmas and I imagine there could be some references. Other than Gremlins, I wonder if they'll figure out a way to pay homage to Back to the Future, perhaps the greatest 80s movie of all.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I agree that season 2 of ST was just as good as season 1. I watched it with my wife over last weekend.

Funny about SB's daughter. My daughter (who is 11) has heard a lot about the show from school and wants to watch it. My wife thinks we should let her. I think it is a horrible idea and will result in her sleeping on the floor of our bedroom until she's 15. This daughter thinks she likes scary shows but it's a pretty big step up from R.L. Stine's Goosebumps to Stranger Things.
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                They're going to keep Steve around even though he's graduating this year -- I imagine the next season will take place around Christmas time and he'll be back during the break from college. Although it came out in 1984, Gremlins is a movie that takes place around Christmas and I imagine there could be some references. Other than Gremlins, I wonder if they'll figure out a way to pay homage to Back to the Future, perhaps the greatest 80s movie of all.
                                Ha. This season had plenty of Gremlins nods, winks, and elbow nudges, didn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X