• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Dude. Come on. Spoilers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Dude. Come on. Spoilers!
      Spoiler for Stuff the Dude may not want to know about before watching the program:
      They also show a reconstruction of what the girl may have looked like.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Spoiler for Stuff the Dude may not want to know about before watching the program:
        They also show a reconstruction of what the girl may have looked like.
        YES! That's all I actually care about on those types of shows. Then put them in modern clothes.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Finished Stranger Things 3 (great show for airports and plane rides). Reading back through this thread:

1) I recall some kids with that horrible haircut. I would have chosen to have Mike sporting the straight-down the middle feathered look. That was what the socially awkward who wanted to look cool sported. By 85ish is when mullets started to become the thing -- at least in my redneck town; so it likely was happening 2 years earlier on coasts.
          2) Never owned a bike lock until my mission.
          3) For me the weirdest part was kids being told to put on their seatbelts. NO ONE buckled up in the early 80s. When I took my DL in 85, the DMV guy (wisely) asked where the seatbelt was in my car. We had to dig out the lap belt from the crease in the seats. I didn't' start using one until it was required on my mission 88-90
          4) Notices in the credits that Robin's name is Maya Hawke. Looked it up. sure enough Ethan is her dad. I can see the resemblance. Was shocked to see mom is Uma Thurman. I don't think she looks like The Bride at all

Comment

• Finally decided to check out Schitt’s Creek. What an amazing show! One of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
              Finally decided to check out Schitt’s Creek. What an amazing show! One of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while.
              Love it.

Comment

• Mindhunter Season 2 is out. It is awesome!

Comment

Mindhunter Season 2 is out. It is awesome!
                  Is it better than season 1? That one was interesting but seemed really flat in that it was missing direction, or a purpose.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Is it better than season 1? That one was interesting but seemed really flat in that it was missing direction, or a purpose.
                    I enjoyed the first season quite a bit, but I think the second season is better. There is definitely more of a plot with a direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      You sure you just weren't asleep during the middle part of the season?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Mindhunter Season 2 is out. It is awesome!
                        I concur - the best thing on TV right now - if Netflix is even considered TV.

I get confused anymore.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Written and directed by Vince Gilligan. IMDB only lists Aaron Paul in the cast so far.

Last edited by chrisrenrut; 08-24-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

Written and directed by Vince Gilligan. IMDB only lists Aaron Paul in the cast so far.

Wow, less than two months. I heard it was under works but I had no idea it was that far along.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• American Factory is a very highly rated documentary about a Chinese billionaire's transformation of a shuttered GM plant in Dayton, Ohio (!), into an automotive glass factory. It begins by showing the effects of the earlier shuttering on Dayton, then the optimism generated by the announcement of the new plant, and finally the mixed results once the plant started operating. I thought it provided a very balanced view of the events, but the doc has been attacked from the right as being an Obama propaganda piece and an unfair attack on Trump's trade policies, but I didn't see it that way at all. It's more observational than opinionated, and shows the considerable differences between American and Chinese work cultures.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                American Factory is a very highly rated documentary about a Chinese billionaire's transformation of a shuttered GM plant in Dayton, Ohio (!), into an automotive glass factory. It begins by showing the effects of the earlier shuttering on Dayton, then the optimism generated by the announcement of the new plant, and finally the mixed results once the plant started operating. I thought it provided a very balanced view of the events, but the doc has been attacked from the right as being an Obama propaganda piece and an unfair attack on Trump's trade policies, but I didn't see it that way at all. It's more observational than opinionated, and shows the considerable differences between American and Chinese work cultures.
                                I mostly agree with your take. The most interesting part to me was when the US team went to see how they do things at the Chinese facility.

While it did seem pretty even-handed, I got the sense that the director was pro-union (nttawwt).
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X