The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Probably anyone who watched both shows. Or even saw a commercial for JJ.
    When she appeared in BB, I immediately remembered her as the friend in that Isla Fisher movie about the green scarf. The movie was not particularly memorable, but she was.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale is worth watching.
      I am so glad that The Soup is back. Was my guilty pleasure, still is.

I am looking forward to washing dishes on Sunday evenings while everyone goes to bed so I can listen to this as I clean up. The credit songs are awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Santa Clarita Diet is pretty awesome. Love Timothy Olyphant as a pot-smoking Californian.
        Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        Thanks for the recommendation. Started watching it, and it's hilarious.
        Wish I'd seen these posts last year. The wife and I binged Season 1 last week and started Season 2 last night. So funny.

Comment

• Joel McHale is awesome, although The Soup was slightly better.

Watched “Take Your Pills” last night. I would not recommend it. I think it’s supposed to be anti-Adderall/Ritalin, but the only thing it made me want to do is start taking it. Some interesting history on amphetamines, but totally disorganized, repetitive, and unfocused. I think the director should have taken some Adderall before making it.

Have we talked about “The End of the F**ing World” yet? Finished that one months ago, and I still think about it every once in a while. An excellent series that is a breeze to get through.
          Last edited by UVACoug; 04-03-2018, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Jim and Andy. Documentary about the making of the Andy Kaufman movie starring Jim Carrey. Both are incredibly fascinating guys. I really enjoyed it.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Jim and Andy. Documentary about the making of the Andy Kaufman movie starring Jim Carrey. Both are incredibly fascinating guys. I really enjoyed it.
              I also really enjoyed it.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Jim and Andy. Documentary about the making of the Andy Kaufman movie starring Jim Carrey. Both are incredibly fascinating guys. I really enjoyed it.
                It can’t be nearly as good as the ultimate movie about the making a movie.

https://youtu.be/zMFZOu8rDUQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Better Call Saul Season 3 is now available on Netflix!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Steel Rain, an action thriller, in Korean with subtitles, is a smartly scripted action thriller, starring two apparently well-known South Korean actors, one posing as North Korean officer secretly tasked with killing one faction within the DPK power structure and a wonky South Korean expert on North Korean. The rapport between the two makes the film work, but in between are some designed special effects, and an internal Korean perspective on the conflict and division of the peninsula. Well worth the two hours plus. Moving, insightful yet fun to watch.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

You all need to go watch Wild, Wild Country on Netflix ASAP. 6-hr documentary on Bagwan Shree Ragneesh and his new age religion that located to rural Oregon in the early 80's. It is mesmerizing. Reviews are all very good, and deservedly so.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ers/452238002/
                      Just finished it. One of the most fascinating things I’ve ever seen. Amazing story and even better filmmaking. Is it weird that I have crush on Ma Anand Sheela now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        Steel Rain, an action thriller, in Korean with subtitles, is a smartly scripted action thriller, starring two apparently well-known South Korean actors, one posing as North Korean officer secretly tasked with killing one faction within the DPK power structure and a wonky South Korean expert on North Korean. The rapport between the two makes the film work, but in between are some designed special effects, and an internal Korean perspective on the conflict and division of the peninsula. Well worth the two hours plus. Moving, insightful yet fun to watch.
                        the long awaited sequel to chocolate rain
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I'll be the wet blanket here. I finished Wild, Wild Country last night. The subject was truly fascinating, but I just didn't think the storytelling, interviewing, editing etc. was all that great. As I said to someone a few days ago, I feel like it took an fascinating social phenomenon and made it into something boring. Which is pretty much the opposite of what I want from a documentary.
                          Last edited by Donuthole; 04-06-2018, 02:25 PM.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                            Just finished it. One of the most fascinating things I’ve ever seen. Amazing story and even better filmmaking. Is it weird that I have crush on Ma Anand Sheela now?
                            Super weird!

She creeped us out.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Super weird!

She creeped us out.
                              Haha. I was creeped out by Baghwan, but I though she was incredibly charismatic. Almost certainly a psychopath, but I can see why she had some devotees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                I'll be the wet blanket here. I finished Wild, Wild Country last night. The subject was truly fascinating, but I just didn't think the storytelling, interviewing, editing etc. was all that great. As I said to someone a few days ago, I feel like it took an fascinating social phenomenon and made it into something boring. Which is pretty much the opposite of what I want from a documentary.
                                I thought it was captivating, but there were some flaws. I was trying to figure out why the hell anyone would be so infatuated with Baghwan, and what his “teachings” really were. They could have done a better job explaining that, but I think it may have distracted from the real story they were trying to tell.

I think the comparison to early Mormonism is one that is pretty interesting to consider. Certainly not the same thing, but a lot of interesting parallels.

Comment

Working...
                                X