The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    The woman playing Pablo's mom looks like Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie.
    Haha. I thought the same thing.

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    The guy playing Pablo is a great actor. He's a Brazilian guy who's been in some pretty decent films out of Brazil.
    He is fantastic.

Season 2 is as good as Season 1. What a great series. Blows my mind that most of this stuff really happened.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Netflix already renewed Narcos for two more seasons. I'm not sure if they're both going to be about taking down the Cali Cartel or if they'll maybe look at the Mexican cartels in season 4.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Netflix already renewed Narcos for two more seasons. I'm not sure if they're both going to be about taking down the Cali Cartel or if they'll maybe look at the Mexican cartels in season 4.
        I think the ending makes it pretty clear they're doing Cali.

Comment

• Doc Martin is an interesting British show. The setting in Cornwall is gorgeous. But the show gives you a false impression of the weather. Sorry, but it rains there more days than not.

Comment

• I finished the short documentary "Extremis" last night.

For anyone who has gone through the life ending decisions for a loved ones life, this short documentary was emotionally hard to watch. It caused me to look back on the decisions we made with my father before his passing. Were we brave enough to make the right decision? Yes, but I relived the agony of making that decision on behalf of a person and the emotions a loved one goes through in these situations. It is was heartbreaking to watch.

I also felt it showed the Dr.'s perspective on these cases and the ethical tightrope they walk when speaking, helping and working with families with also feeling an obligation to not allow the person to suffer yet ultimately they cannot make that decision and the toll it can take on them..

It was 24 minutes long but as profound and potent a short documentary can be..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

The White Helmets: A Netflix original documentary about a group of civilians in war torn Syria who spend their days rescuing those in buildings that have been bombed.

If you have not watched it take 40 minutes.

Trailer:
              https://youtu.be/3wj4ncIEDxw

Inspiring, moving, eye-opening, heartache..

Last edited by dabrockster; 09-28-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Just started Stranger Things. Definitely makes me feel nostalgic, and it definitely feels like a Spielberg flick (I first noticed it with use of rays of light pouring through a doorway...classic Spielberg use of lighting). I'm only three episodes in, and I like it. The actress playing 11 is on point.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• The Italians, except for their appeals courts, are a bunch of dumbasses.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

The Italians, except for their appeals courts, are a bunch of dumbasses.
                    You're on the Foxy Knoxy train?
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• The Detectorists, season two, is on Netflix now.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        The White Helmets: A Netflix original documentary about a group of civilians in war torn Syria who spend their days rescuing those in buildings that have been bombed.

If you have not watched it take 40 minutes.

Trailer:
                        https://youtu.be/3wj4ncIEDxw

Inspiring, moving, eye-opening, heartache..

This news release hits home after seeing this documentary..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-as-hospitals/

Comment

• Luke Cage- wow. By far the best Marvel show. Masterfully done. What makes this one stand out isn't the acting or writing even though I really like the cast. For me it's the music direction. The music moves this whole thing forward every second of it. It's scored by Adrian Younge and Ali Shaheed Muhammed, and peppered with little montage/musical numbers/background presence by people like Faith Evans and Raphael Saddiq. So much fun to watch. They lifted the hallway-one-take-fight scene from Daredevil, but soundtracked it with Bring da Ruckus from Wu Tang. Such a fun show. I'll probably watch it 3 or more times through when all is said and done.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            The Detectorists, season two, is on Netflix now.
                            Maybe didn't enjoy it quite as much as S1 but still great -- and better than 99% of everything else. I am definitely rooting for a S3 but apparently they haven't decided yet and couldn't film until next summer anyway -- not much of a window for getting that kind of weather in Suffolk and Essex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armenag View Post
                              Maybe didn't enjoy it quite as much as S1 but still great -- and better than 99% of everything else. I am definitely rooting for a S3 but apparently they haven't decided yet and couldn't film until next summer anyway -- not much of a window for getting that kind of weather in Suffolk and Essex.
                              Agreed. I think it is fantastic. Hoping for S3.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• ARQ. Interesting. Bonus sighting of Robbie Amell. Pretty good until the last 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X