The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    I loved season 1 of Ozark. I agree with the sentiment here on season 2. I'm struggling finishing it and probably won't keep watching after this if there's more. So disappointing. I'm trying to think of where it went wrong for me. I think maybe they tried to go too far or too ambitious with the plot. It's definitely a Breaking Bad knock off. I think maybe it's because Breaking Bad was more subtle and more realistic with how things were unraveling. You can have maybe a handful of Herculean tasks to overcome in a season, with each one pushing you further and further into "breaking bad" territory, but you can't do a handful per episode.
    Yeah, I'm trying to finish it up and am really struggling. I think you're spot on about what went wrong, they simply take on too much. In addition they emphasized some of the weaker aspects of the first season.The rogue FBI agent was probably the weakest element of season 1 and for some reason they doubled down on him in season 2. Mrs. Snell was a caricature of a human being in Season 1; they doubled down on her in season 2. The whiny daughter was the least tolerable member of the family in season 1 and we get a double dose of her in season 2. Overall really disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      I trudged through HoC.. Wished I hadn’t..

Claire stopping to turn and talk to the camera as if she is Frances was stupid. Just like every one of these episodes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We finished up last night and it was terrible, almost laughable how bad it was.

Comment

• we watched new spooky ghost show. was pretty good.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I used to have this weird OCD 'have to finish the series if I started it' thing going on. Lost cured me of that. I thought the payoff would be worth it despite wanting to check out of the series. That ending pissed me off so bad I said never again. I should have listened to my inner critic saying this is dumb and a waste of my time. So in a way I'm grateful. I've since bailed on Walking Dead, House of Cards, Ozark, Westworld and Better Call Saul. They're just not worth my time.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            I used to have this weird OCD 'have to finish the series if I started it' thing going on. Lost cured me of that. I thought the payoff would be worth it despite wanting to check out of the series. That ending pissed me off so bad I said never again. I should have listened to my inner critic saying this is dumb and a waste of my time. So in a way I'm grateful. I've since bailed on Walking Dead, House of Cards, Ozark, Westworld and Better Call Saul. They're just not worth my time.
            Have you seen The Man in the High Castle?
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              I used to have this weird OCD 'have to finish the series if I started it' thing going on. Lost cured me of that. I thought the payoff would be worth it despite wanting to check out of the series. That ending pissed me off so bad I said never again. I should have listened to my inner critic saying this is dumb and a waste of my time. So in a way I'm grateful. I've since bailed on Walking Dead, House of Cards, Ozark, Westworld and Better Call Saul. They're just not worth my time.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                I almost bailed midway through the second season but powered through. Haven't checked out the third.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  I have not.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• That Buster Scruggs thing looks great. I was contemplating pulling the plug on Netflix last month but the kids talked me out of it. Giving Netflix til the end of the year to change my mind.

Man in the High Castle sucks. Made it through about 5 or 6 eps.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      That Buster Scruggs thing looks great. I was contemplating pulling the plug on Netflix last month but the kids talked me out of it. Giving Netflix til the end of the year to change my mind.

Yeah, I made it 3-4 episodes and pulled the plug.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        That Buster Scruggs thing looks great. I was contemplating pulling the plug on Netflix last month but the kids talked me out of it. Giving Netflix til the end of the year to change my mind.

Buster Scruggs is awesome. I didn’t get the last vignette so probably should re-watch that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          Buster Scruggs is awesome. I didn’t get the last vignette so probably should re-watch that one.
                          I about halfway through. Love it so far.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I about halfway through. Love it so far.
                            Watched it tonight as well. Visually, it is immaculate. Can't remember another movie that is so beautifully shot. I want to find that valley where the prospector was. Some of the vignettes are just brutal, like the Liam Neeson one and the Oregon Trail one.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Watched it tonight as well. Visually, it is immaculate. Can't remember another movie that is so beautifully shot. I want to find that valley where the prospector was. Some of the vignettes are just brutal, like the Liam Neeson one and the Oregon Trail one.
                              The entire film is beautifully shot and the dialogue ranges from very good to outstanding. The Buster Scruggs segment is a classic that I'll watch repeatedly. The Coens take nearly every romanticized element of the Old West and point out how truly hard, even awful, that life was--they also seem to be getting increasingly nihilistic as they age. And yeah, the Liam Neeson and Oregon Trail bits were so very sad. The last segment is a fitting finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                The entire film is beautifully shot and the dialogue ranges from very good to outstanding. The Buster Scruggs segment is a classic that I'll watch repeatedly. The Coens take nearly every romanticized element of the Old West and point out how truly hard, even awful, that life was--they also seem to be getting increasingly nihilistic as they age. And yeah, the Liam Neeson and Oregon Trail bits were so very sad. The last segment is a fitting finish.
                                I loved every segment. The first two were the best. My favorite line was when James Franco was on the gallows and the guy next to him started to sob and Franco said, "First time?"

Comment

Working...
                                X