The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    So I watched S1 of Ozark when it came out and I really liked it. I didn't watch S2 because several of you said it was awful. Now you are saying that S3 is great so I am working my way through S2 and what in the hell were you guys talking about? S2 is a fine season.
    Finished S3 last night. Excellent. This series does a great job of maintaining tension. The guy that played Wendy's brother was amazing.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Finished S3 last night. Excellent. This series does a great job of maintaining tension. The guy that played Wendy's brother was amazing.
      He is an amazing actor. I really like him. Not sure if you watched the “Iron Fist” series on Netflix but he was a main character in that series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

I am not one to push cartoons, but we started to re-watch “Avatar: The Last Air Bender” since my daughter ha shown interest.

I forgot how much I enjoyed the messages and characters of this show.

If you have little ones in 3rd grade and above you may want to try it out.

I have not forgiven M. Night Shyamalan for what he did for the movie version..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
          I am not one to push cartoons, but we started to re-watch “Avatar: The Last Air Bender” since my daughter ha shown interest.

Why- what's wrong with cartoons?
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Why- what's wrong with cartoons?
            Yeah, that's dumb. Animated series can be great.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

Funny, my teen and pre-teen kids have been forcing me to watch the same show as they say it is their favorite animated series. We have just started the second season but I couldn’t stand the first one. It is terribly drawn and the the writing is sub-par. The big flying buffalo and the uncle are the only decent characters. I hope it gets better.
              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                Funny, my teen and pre-teen kids have been forcing me to watch the same show as they say it is their favorite animated series. We have just started the second season but I couldn’t stand the first one. It is terribly drawn and the the writing is sub-par. The big flying buffalo and the uncle are the only decent characters. I hope it gets better.
                weird take but ok
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  weird take but ok
                  It is perfectly fine for young kids, which it is obviously geared toward, I just don’t understand why an adult would like it. I also don’t understand why an adult with no kids would want to go to Disneyland... but hey, to each their own.
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                    It is perfectly fine for young kids, which it is obviously geared toward, I just don’t understand why an adult would like it. I also don’t understand why an adult with no kids would want to go to Disneyland... but hey, to each their own.
                    100% rotten tomatoes
                    9.2 IMDB.

I think you are in the minority but that’s fine.

Comment

100% rotten tomatoes
                      9.2 IMDB.

I think you are in the minority but that’s fine.
                      I have been watching anime to maintain my japanese skills in the past year or so. I saw that 9.2 number recently and decided to give it a go. Imagine my surprise when I learned it is not japanese anime!

I am working through Full Metal Alchemist instead.

Comment

I have been watching anime to maintain my japanese skills in the past year or so. I saw that 9.2 number recently and decided to give it a go. Imagine my surprise when I learned it is not japanese anime!

I am working through Full Metal Alchemist instead.
                        nice...that is a good one

Comment

• The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                          Well.. You have Ute in your handle and a pic of Trump. So I think that answers my questions.. [emoji6]

Find your inner child and just let go.. I promise, you won’t look a fool..

Last edited by dabrockster; 07-08-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

nice...that is a good one
                            Have you watched Death Note? That was fantastic.

Comment

• Old Guard with Charlize Theron was solid. Definitely one of the better (best?) straight to Netflix films yet.

Comment

• Just finished Fear City, a serial documentary about how the FBI and Rudy Giuliani's US Attorney's office took down the heads of the New York mafia families in the 80s. It was very well done. Lots of talking head time from Rudy and also from Michael Chertoff (former Sec'y of Homeland Security), who was the lead trial attorney for the government. Highly recommend it!

Seems like a lot of recent serial documentaries are too long and drawn out to fill out 6-8 episodes. I think that's definitely true of HBO's current docu-series I'll Be Gone In the Dark about the East Side Rapist/Golden State Killer serial killer that, which is good but seems very repetitive. Fear City is only 3 episodes long and keeps your attention the whole time. I appreciated that.

Comment

Working...
                                X