The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Pretty stoked to see “The NeverEnding Story” is now on Netflix!!

Looking forward to introducing this childhood movie to my kids.
    It was a very well-liked movie but my kids loathed it, and still make jokes about the young empress and that flying dog (or whatever that thing was). From their perspective, the film was aptly named, serving as a warning to all. I gave director Wolfgang Petersen a pass, in view of his Das Boot and subsequent In the Line of Fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      It was a very well-liked movie but my kids loathed it, and still make jokes about the young empress and that flying dog (or whatever that thing was). From their perspective, the film was aptly named, serving as a warning to all. I gave director Wolfgang Petersen a pass, in view of his Das Boot and subsequent In the Line of Fire.
      Curious. How old were your kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i agree with your kids. never could understand why anybody liked that movie. iirc, it came out when i was about 10 or 11 - so pretty much the sweet spot, and i couldn't have hated it more.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Curious. How old were your kids?

The oldest was a precocious 8 when the movie came out, and perhaps she poisoned the well for the five who followed as I believe her opinion is shared by all.

Comment

The oldest was a precocious 8 when the movie came out, and perhaps she poisoned the well for the five who followed as I believe her opinion is shared by all.
            I was about the same age.. I enjoyed it. Which is why I am sure my kids will enjoy it too. Although my son, may think it is stupid. My daughter is perfect in age. Turning 8 next month..

Comment

I remember liking the original and loathing the sequel.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I remember I liked it a lot as a kid, but then going back and realizing it is one of the most annoying movies of all time. That scene where he's reading and eating his pbj and then stops himself from finishing the sandwich: NO- NOT TOO MUCH! WE STILL HAVE A LONG WAYS TO GO!

(Yes I know it's a kids' movie.)
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

We watched it with our kids about a year ago. It hasn’t held up well over time. No one enjoyed it.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I will report back with the input of my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                      Dark, a German show, was really good. The fact I understood much or most of it without subtitles may have made it better for me than it would be for many viewers that don't understand German.
                      Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                      I don't understand German but I liked it.
                      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      I'm a few eps in and really liking this.
                      I finished this on a recent work trip. Well-case, well-acted, and a very good script. A real mind-eff if you know what I mean. That said, I'm always frustrated at any show that requires multiple viewings to know exactly what is going on. There are definitely way too many characters (x3) and way too many plot points to really wrap your head around everything on a first viewing. But it seems to be a good story, and I'll probably go back and watch it again now that I have a better idea of what to look for. IN fact, when Season 2 drops,

Caveat: While clack has a definite affinity for alternate universes, I generally find these time travel/space-time paradox themes to be super annoying, if not untenable, primarily because they always raise way more questions than they answer. So if you aren't into that, skip this altogether.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• "Three Wives One Husband" follows two polyg families that live in BFE (near Moab). It's one of these shows that is on TLC that highlights folks who are different (little people, fat people, multiple wives, etc).

But you all should watch for all the Cougar gear on display!

Comment

• The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          "Three Wives One Husband" follows two polyg families that live in BFE (near Moab). It's one of these shows that is on TLC that highlights folks who are different (little people, fat people, multiple wives, etc).

That would be interesting to see. It has been my experience that most weirdos living in trailers in rural utah are ute fans.
                          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-23-2018, 05:24 AM.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• So I am on Episode 7 of Part 2 of Making a Murderer and it has been very interesting..

Either Avery is guilty or has the worse luck in the world..

Comment

So I am on Episode 7 of Part 2 of Making a Murderer and it has been very interesting..

Either Avery is guilty or has the worse luck in the world..

[Spoiler]It's not just bad luck[/spoiler]
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                                "Three Wives One Husband" follows two polyg families that live in BFE (near Moab). It's one of these shows that is on TLC that highlights folks who are different (little people, fat people, multiple wives, etc).

The most interesting thing to me about the show was where they lived, they have all these homes built inside these holes they've dug in the side of a canyon wall. I only watched about 15 minutes but I have no idea how they generate any income down there.

Comment

Working...
                                X