Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490

Thread: The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I can get on board with what you're saying up to the point that the parents have to go to Mexico to retrieve their daughter. After that, their naivete is no more. They're just horrible parents.
    I would argue before then but to your point, after all that the mom put the daughter on a plane to Jackson Hole? WTF.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I would argue before then but to your point, after all that the mom put the daughter on a plane to Jackson Hole? WTF.
    Yeah there is no explaining that away. Worst parenting move in history. And that poor pathetic dad didn’t have the guts to stop it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Yeah there is no explaining that away. Worst parenting move in history. And that poor pathetic dad didn’t have the guts to stop it.
    Almost as bad as driving to SLC just to put her on a plane to Jackson.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I can get on board with what you're saying up to the point that the parents have to go to Mexico to retrieve their daughter. After that, their naivete is no more. They're just horrible parents.
    Yeah I agree, but they are also horrible parents under extreme emotional duress. That dude had a whole lot of dirt on both of them and it's an interesting study to see how far people will go to not air their dirty laundry. Pretty sickening, to be honest.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We watched this over the weekend. My jaw is still sore from hitting the floor so many times. Crazy that a pedophile like that happened to move next door to quite possibly the dumbest family in America.

I felt sorry for them for doing that documentary. How embarrassing.

We had the same question about B's wife. But at least she has the good sense to stay private.
    I wonder really if the aw shucks we are naive and dumb is an act to protect themselves. The documentary clearly had a bias towards the family as no hard questions were asked of the parents. I don't think their story would stand up if someone really challenged it.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Yeah I agree, but they are also horrible parents under extreme emotional duress. That dude had a whole lot of dirt on both of them and it's an interesting study to see how far people will go to not air their dirty laundry. Pretty sickening, to be honest.
    They don't seem to have any issues airing dirty laundry with a book, speaking tour, and this documentary.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    They don't seem to have any issues airing dirty laundry with a book, speaking tour, and this documentary.
    Well not NOW 40 years later. They sure did back when neither knew they were hooking up with the same creep behind each other's backs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I wonder really if the aw shucks we are naive and dumb is an act to protect themselves. The documentary clearly had a bias towards the family as no hard questions were asked of the parents. I don't think their story would stand up if someone really challenged it.
    What are you suggesting?

Default The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Finished Abducted in Plain Sight. I feel completely ill, angry, dumbfounded, and feel I am being pranked..

No way in hell are they (The Parents) that stupid. They are selfish evil people. I cannot find any ounce of sympathy for their crocodile tears. They literally sacrificed their daughter to hide their own sins.. What kind of Father, Mother would do such a thing. An unfit one.. To sign that affidavit. Despicable. Utterly Disgusting..

It was hard to even tolerate them (Their Children) heaping praise towards their parents at the end. I get it. No way do those kids want to think their parents own preservation was paid for by their sister..

The Predator deserved a life in prison. I am angry he got away with so much.. Those parents should be in prison as accomplices. Other children became victims because they were cowards.

Sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dabrockster; 02-13-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Did you guys already know about this?

https://movieweb.com/breaking-bad-mo...E91l094kI3E970

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...n-paul-1159128

*edit here's a better source. I hate that parasitic movieweb site.
    Last edited by Commando; 02-13-2019 at 02:17 PM.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...n-paul-1159128

*edit here's a better source. I hate that parasitic movieweb site.
    It’s about Jesse after he escaped. So hopefully not much Skyler, and way more Badger, Skinny Pete, and Saul.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    It’s about Jesse after he escaped. So hopefully not much Skyler, and way more Badger, Skinny Pete, and Saul.
    I expect a Cinnabon Jimmy reunion with Jesse
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

B and Bobs Obits are interesting.

Bs wife did leave him. He remarried in 1990. He served 7 years in the Las Vegas temple even after all this happened!

Bob served in bishoprics, high council and stake presidency’s even though he was gay.

Progressive church!!

https://m.legacy.com/obituaries/idah...&preview=false

*Banned*

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

How the heck do you go from pedophile to temple worker?
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Needed a calling in which he wouldn't be around young children.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    The atonement
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Needed a calling in which he wouldn't be around young children.
    So no baptistry assignments then.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    The atonement
    You actually have to repent for that to work... Duh..

Interesting that Bob served in the same mission as his twin brother, Dick, which may explain his love of the D.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson